The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 600
Yh they'll definitely accept you.

My brother got an offer for computer science at Kings with C in both GCSE english and maths and triple distinctions in btec extended diploma in IT.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 601
Guys im kinda slow to understand but does this mean im 100% accepted?

Congratulations! Your place at King's College London (University of London) to study Computer Science with Intelligent Systems, G021 has been confirmed.Subject to you meeting any outstanding non-academic conditions* you’ll begin the course on 1 September 2015 with a point of entry 1.This letter is official proof of your place, and can be used by education authorities and banks to confirm your student status. You may wish to print it to keep for your records.

I firmed my "Unconditional offer" back in May and haven't been bothered by going to university until today. I also kinda forgot to apply for student finance but I been told that as long as they get their money during the first semester or something along those lines.
Original post by Xero_
Guys im kinda slow to understand but does this mean im 100% accepted?

Congratulations! Your place at King's College London (University of London) to study Computer Science with Intelligent Systems, G021 has been confirmed.Subject to you meeting any outstanding non-academic conditions* you’ll begin the course on 1 September 2015 with a point of entry 1.This letter is official proof of your place, and can be used by education authorities and banks to confirm your student status. You may wish to print it to keep for your records.

I firmed my "Unconditional offer" back in May and haven't been bothered by going to university until today. I also kinda forgot to apply for student finance but I been told that as long as they get their money during the first semester or something along those lines.

i got rejected from kings for computer science. i got tripe d* for btec software development and a c in maths. my maths let me down by only 3 marks! and they still would not budge. so im of to uclan to do software development. do you know if they take second year students?
Reply 603
Hello everyone! I'm Emanuele, a prospective Politics, Philosophy and Law KCL student :smile: I'm already in London, anyone wanting to meet before introduction week? It would be great to have a coffee together or something just to get know each other earlier :smile:
When does uni start for computer science course ??
Reply 605
Original post by aking144
When does uni start for computer science course ??

It only tells me that I start 1st of September but it doesn't specify what time or where I am suppose to be.
Original post by Xero_
It only tells me that I start 1st of September but it doesn't specify what time or where I am suppose to be.

I know right
On the website it says that registration starts at 14 September and teaching starts at 21.
But UCAS track says 1st of september
Reply 607
Original post by aking144
I know right
On the website it says that registration starts at 14 September and teaching starts at 21.
But UCAS track says 1st of september

Yea it's kinda tricky. Hopefully someone with some knowledge about this situation can chime in and help.

I think I'll either email or call them next week to confirm dont want to go all the way there just to find out its not that day.
Guys yeh that's the same with me, it's says 1st September however we received an enrolment email afterwards stating that enrolment/ induction is on 16th September for my course and actual lessons begin 21st September so I don't think it's 1st September anymore. Well I hope not seeing as I won't be in the country.
Original post by anni101
Guys yeh that's the same with me, it's says 1st September however we received an enrolment email afterwards stating that enrolment/ induction is on 16th September for my course and actual lessons begin 21st September so I don't think it's 1st September anymore. Well I hope not seeing as I won't be in the country.

What you say would make sense. Everyone should have the same enrollment day or freshers week. It can't be more than once....(guessing)

This Could Be The Time Table : https://timetables.kcl.ac.uk/KCLSWS/SDB1516RDB/default.aspx
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 610
Just got my enrollment details (login and temporary password).

Shiit is starting to get real now. Can't wait to pick up my ID card and start studying.
Original post by MathsObsessed
Maths BSc, anyone else?!?!😁

Sameeeee
Has anyone received anything by post from kings about freshers events etc ? I thought normally you receive like a welcome pack that tells you all the dates of events etc for freshers ? Also. Where can you find your timetable ? I logged into that kings portal. But no sign of finding an actual timetable for new students starting in sept ?
Reply 613
For your ID cards, the picture that you have provided, did you smile or did you keep a straight face? like the way it is on our passports.
Original post by ofindlay
Hi! I'm going to Kings for religion, politics, and society. Pleased to meet someone who is in the department!

It's so nice to hear other people doing the same course as me!
I revived an offer on RPS last week:smile:
I got an offer for Philosophy and War Studies (AAA), as well as Religion, Politics and Society (AAB) :smile:
I sent away my application yesterday and got a reply from King's today! AA at Advanced Higher (I'm Scottish) for English :smile:
Got an offer today for English, AAA. So happy!
Original post by jordanhaynes
I got an offer for Philosophy and War Studies (AAA), as well as Religion, Politics and Society (AAB) :smile:

Also have an offer for RPS. Keep in touch! What are your thoughts on the course? Thinking about firming? Personally my second choice after Durham (who I'm yet to hear back from).
Original post by Cal-lum
Also have an offer for RPS. Keep in touch! What are your thoughts on the course? Thinking about firming? Personally my second choice after Durham (who I'm yet to hear back from).

Nice, was your offer AAB as well? I think the course has such an interesting mix of topics within it! What course did you apply for at Durham?

Latest