The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EvasiveRose
For people waiting for History interviews I received my email on the 27th last year, so typically quite late when compared to other subjects. Only a few days left for them to start circulating now though!

Thank you for the heads up :smile:
How was the interview for you? How do you recommend preparing?
Original post by neevadesai
Law Applicant here: Received an interview invitation from Trinity! (had applied to Univ originally)

Have univ emailed you at all? I applied there for law too and haven't heard anything yet :smile:
Does anyone know when the maths interviews will come out? It said early December on the website but that seems really late...
Original post by itsConnor_
Good luck! :smile: I got my rejection from Imperial on Monday!

Oh don't worry, I will join you soon after the 16th of December. UCL it is :wink:
Reply 5784
Original post by neevadesai
Law Applicant here: Received an interview invitation from Trinity! (had applied to Univ originally)

Do you have any idea what you're going to do to prepare? Or even what you're going to take?

I'm stressing out so much, I have an interview with St Peters
Original post by thechemistress
I live in Oxford so I can probably answer your question - what do you mean by superfoods though? :h:

Haha fab! We have a 'wholefoods' shop where I live, I can get superfoods like goji berries, cacao powder, organic peanut butter and things you can't get in chain supermarkets. Just wondered if there are any health shops around...? Or anywhere that sells these kinds of foods?
For people waiting for History interviews I received my email on the 27th last year, so typically quite late when compared to other subjects. Only a few days left for them to start circulating now though!

Thanks for the heads up :smile:
If you dont mind answering, how hard is the interview? How would you recommend preparing? Thank you in advance :smile:
Original post by connieiscrazy
Usually if you get re-allocated at this late stage then you have an interview. They shortlist applicants for interview and then if a certain college shortlists too many because it is oversubscribed, instead of turning away perfectly good applicants (which would be silly) they simply send them over to an undersubscribed college to make an even spread, so they still get an interview regardless of where they applied.

Thanks, haven't seen anyone else with a reply from St Hugh's yet :smile:

yes neither have I

Ah, thanks for the update...looks like the end of next week then for Historians?

Also, does anyone know...as an applicant for History: Ancient and Modern, if I were to be called for interview, would I be interviewed for Ancient and Modern separately, or just all rolled in together as one subject?
Original post by Fedelias
Thanks for the heads up :smile:
If you dont mind answering, how hard is the interview? How would you recommend preparing? Thank you in advance :smile:

The interview is not meant to be 'hard' in a traditional sense. It's a way for tutors to basically get a first hand experience of how you think and deal with new concepts and ideas. So it's not really hard but rather a unique experience that I don't think you'll find can ever be replicated again :biggrin:
In terms of preparation all I can say is just read over your PS and the things you said you read (you'd be surprised at how many people don't do this :tongue:). Maybe go over your favourite historical period, etc. And remember to relax!
Original post by mechanism
Haha fab! We have a 'wholefoods' shop where I live, I can get superfoods like goji berries, cacao powder, organic peanut butter and things you can't get in chain supermarkets. Just wondered if there are any health shops around...? Or anywhere that sells these kinds of foods?

There are some co-op food supermarkets, maybe that is what you are looking for
Anyone heard things for Philosophy and Modern Languages? I've heard nothing from Queen's for Philosophy and French - anyone else applied?
Original post by Oxfordmist
Ah, thanks for the update...looks like the end of next week then for Historians?

Also, does anyone know...as an applicant for History: Ancient and Modern, if I were to be called for interview, would I be interviewed for Ancient and Modern separately, or just all rolled in together as one subject?

Yes-most likely between mid-late next week.
Erm, at my college it was done separately (I don't know what the standard practise is though, sorry!)
Anyone got an interview for engineering?
Original post by Uke_Kate
Does anyone know when the maths interviews will come out? It said early December on the website but that seems really late...

Someone earlier in this thread already got one from St. Johns
Did you have an interview for chemistry at imperial??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BritishBean
Well done! I've got unconditionals from Nottingham and Bristol, interview at Ox and waiting on UEA and Durham. UEA is probably my second choice although Durham looks very nice!

infinite envy four you! I got an unconditional from UEA 4 days after I submitted but they were my back up! Still waiting on Bristol, Nottingham and then Oxford. Beginning to think I've tanked the LNAT now tho...
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by elyxr
Do you have any idea what you're going to do to prepare? Or even what you're going to take?

I'm stressing out so much, I have an interview with St Peters

I really don't know either :s-smilie:. Probably just read my SOP a few times and revise whatever material I've mentioned on it!

What else do you think we should aim at? Take, as in?
Original post by LoveToArgue
Have univ emailed you at all? I applied there for law too and haven't heard anything yet :smile:

Nope, only got an email from Trinity which mentioned that they'd like to interview me instead of my original choice.
Original post by kateaustins
Sounds like you levelled up to me xD

You got one at Trinity too! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending