The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5800
Original post by neevadesai
I really don't know either.:s-smilie: Probably just read my SOP a few times and revise whatever material I've mentioned on it!

What else do you think we should aim at? Take, as in?

ahh I have no idea what to do, like what time are you aiming to get there and what are you planning on wearing?
Original post by Johann von Gauss
Imperial, tbh its probably better for Chemistry anyway :yes:

Out of interest, why do you say that?
Hey everyone, just wondering whether anyone has applied/got an interview for Modern Languages?
Original post by DonPaxis
Hey everyone, just wondering whether anyone has applied/got an interview for Modern Languages?

People have been receiving interview invitations for Law (their admission test is taken before the 15th of October if I'm not wrong) and for subjects that don't require any written work or tests (such as biochemistry and biology). So I take it we must be more patient ! I'm applying for English and French, you ? :smile:
Original post by GeogersReprsent
Just because I write 'you' rather than u or...

no becos u speak all propa and ting.

AND the smugness on that face as though something smells bad :smile:
For the PPE-ists:

College: Brasenose (SO popular this year lol)
How was the TSA?: Alright, some bits I think I've definitely got correct and others I had to guess due to time restrictions. Thought it was probably slightly harder than past years though overall. Essay went about as well as it could have.
Do you think you're getting an interview?: Hard to say since seemingly amazing applicants get turned down each year, just got to wait and hope.

I think last year the interview offers came around the 25th November, so we should hopefully hear back by next Wednesday(ish)!
Original post by tamara98
People have been receiving interview invitations for Law (their admission test is taken before the 15th of October if I'm not wrong) and for subjects that don't require any written work or tests (such as biochemistry and biology). So I take it we must be more patient ! I'm applying for English and French, you ? :smile:

Yeah that sounds about right, but nevertheless the wait is terrible, especially when you know people with interviews already :/ but yeah, I'm applying for Spanish and Beginners' Italian :smile: which college did you apply to?
Original post by DonPaxis
Yeah that sounds about right, but nevertheless the wait is terrible, especially when you know people with interviews already :/ but yeah, I'm applying for Spanish and Beginners' Italian :smile: which college did you apply to?

St Anne's, but considering that one of my essays submitted for the require written work was sort of rubbish, I'm not too hopeful, I just want an answer now,even a rejection so that I can move on :')
Original post by tamara98
St Anne's, but considering that one of my essays submitted for the require written work was sort of rubbish, I'm not too hopeful, I just want an answer now,even a rejection so that I can move on :':wink:

Ah I've applied to Balliol, but I think I'm in the same situation really. Hopefully we'll hear back soon!
Sooo many Brasenose applicants this year! Stress.
Original post by mechanism
Sooo many Brasenose applicants this year! Stress.
Ikr, a lot of people will probably be reallocated.
Reply 5811
Original post by JRKinder

Yeah I was reallocated from Brasenose
(edited 8 years ago)
PPE

College: Merton
TSA: To be honest I never scored higher than 66 in practice and it went just like always. I did the CT first and from experience I can say that I can safely hope I got a big share of them right. Then PS and as always I didnt finish those. But seeing that this year a lot didnt finish I think it might be a good sign that I found it pretty doable. Essay - wrote too pretty. Rushed to finish but was kinda ok.
Interview: I dont know at all. German grades are solid (right in the middle if the required range). But other than that...I hope and hope. I'll just say 30% chance.
Original post by elyxr
Yeah I was reallocated from Brasenose
Ah where to? Congrats btw :smile: I hope I get into Brasenose because I have a friend there, but I liked all of the colleges I visited in different ways so I'd be happy to get an offer from anywhere really - my first choice college would just be the icing on the cake!
Reply 5814
Ah where to? Congrats btw :smile: I hope I get into Brasenose because I have a friend there, but I liked all of the colleges I visited in different ways so I'd be happy to get an offer from anywhere really - my first choice college would just be the icing on the cake!

I was reallocated to St Peters and thank you!:smile:
Original post by PlaneovertheSea
PPE

College: Merton
TSA: To be honest I never scored higher than 66 in practice and it went just like always. I did the CT first and from experience I can say that I can safely hope I got a big share of them right. Then PS and as always I didnt finish those. But seeing that this year a lot didnt finish I think it might be a good sign that I found it pretty doable. Essay - wrote too pretty. Rushed to finish but was kinda ok.
Interview: I dont know at all. German grades are solid (right in the middle if the required range). But other than that...I hope and hope. I'll just say 30% chance.

Same thing happened to me on the essay - time crept up and so the conclusion was a bit of rushed mess but not too bad. During practices I tried the technique of doing CT first and it always made me slower - even though I was far better at CT than problem solving (25/25 on almost every paper, feeling about the same this time). Good luck!

It seems a vast amount of people have been reallocated this year! Was it the same last year? I didn't even know it was a thing to be reallocated pre-interview until now. It does make sense though - at least the system is fair.
Is anyone else really excited to be sitting in a room with leading academics in your field of interest? I find it bizarre!
Have anyone been called into their interviews?!
have any oriel law applicants got their interview offers?? :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending