The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hege.bellika
Have anyone been called into their interviews?!

A lot of people have been. Tell us your college and course so we can tell you if people in similar situations to you have been called for interview.
Original post by Azzer11
Received my rejection to study chemistry today. It was almost entirely down to my AAA predictions which I felt were very unfair. Anyway, I'll move on and try to get an offer from Imperial. Good luck to everyone else.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to hear that :frown: Good luck at Imperial, I've applied for chem there too :h:
Have any CAAH applicants heard back from Oxford yet? I'm waiting to hear from Regent's Park and they said that they're hoping to send out their interview invitations by mid-next week.
Anyone heard from Exeter college to read Chemistry?
Is it possible to change college? I was reallocated to Queen's, but it doesn't appeal to me at all:-S
Original post by Johann von Gauss
You only have one friend? Or is this an erroneous use of an apostrophe? :tongue:

oh go back to cambridge you pedant
Original post by mechanism
It seems a vast amount of people have been reallocated this year! Was it the same last year? I didn't even know it was a thing to be reallocated pre-interview until now. It does make sense though - at least the system is fair.
No idea about last year, but I think Brasenose is generally oversubscribed most years. Yeah me neither, but it's good that they ensure that the best applicants get in even if there's no space at their desired college :smile:

I think most of the CT parts of the TSA were ok, there was one in particular that I didn't like but the others weren't too bad. The PS parts again I didn't find too bad aside from a couple of rogue questions that I had to guess at, the timing as ever was the biggest issue for me. All the practise papers I did I managed to consistently get an above average score so I guess I just have to hope I did the same here. It's so sad though because I want everyone to do well but there's so few places available it's literally impossible for everyone to get in :/
Original post by liviward36
infinite envy four you! I got an unconditional from UEA 4 days after I submitted but they were my back up! Still waiting on Bristol, Nottingham and then Oxford. Beginning to think I've tanked the LNAT now tho...

Ahh haha thanks! Well done on your offer! I'm sure you've done great, tbh a lot of people are still waiting on those unis. What college have you applied to?
Hey guys, hope you're all doing alright - congratulations to those with interviews, and commiserations to those who've been desummoned.

If there are any English applicants on here who want to chat about the ELAT, or English at Oxford, or how terrifying it is to hear absolutely nothing from any of the colleges for our subject yet, then feel free to check out the ELAT thread - everyone there is super lovely, which makes this whole waiting game a lot less stressful.

Also I'm another Brasenose applicant, kind of bricking it when I read how many people have applied this year... (And also that there are 3 other people in the ELAT thread alone who've applied to Brasenose...ohgodohgodohgod)
Original post by BritishBean
Ahh haha thanks! Well done on your offer! I'm sure you've done great, tbh a lot of people are still waiting on those unis. What college have you applied to?
thanks haha. Applied to Merton and realised they aren't giving out offers/rejections till Monday! Not gonna bother getting my hopes up tho...What college have you applied to?
Does anyone know when St Anne's is going to give out CS/joint schools interviews? xx
Original post by vildeung
Is it possible to change college? I was reallocated to Queen's, but it doesn't appeal to me at all:-S

Generally no, not unless you have exceptional circumstances

Yeah, don't go to Oxford :P

Serious answer: No, since they already read your file and probably either shorlisted or rejected you. It would waste other tutors time if they had to reevaluate you at a new college.
Original post by Tweald
Any chemistry interviews yet?

I got a Chemistry interview today for Pembroke :smile: Applied for Keble x

I understand why you might be disappointed but lots of people are reallocated to colleges they didn't apply to and they all end up very happy with their colleges! The similarities between colleges are much greater than the differences.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Plagioclase
I understand why you might be disappointed but lots of people are reallocated to colleges they didn't apply to and they all end up very happy with their colleges! The similarities between colleges are much greater than the differences.

Yo, you quoted the wrong person.
Original post by Applicant201613
Yo, you quoted the wrong person.

Thanks, corrected :smile:
Original post by Plagioclase
Thanks, corrected :smile:

If you misquote me again, I will stab you in the mouth with a banana.
Original post by Eux
F*** me, get a room you sad people

Original post by Irwin
Cross post :smile:

Literally.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by crastle
Are we likely to be asked about current affairs in an interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're probably not going to be explicitly asked about current affairs but staying engaged in your subject is such an important thing, I'd be slightly concerned if you're not regularly seeing what's going on with your subject in the world.

Latest

Trending

Trending