The Student Room Group

Anyone got an offer for English/English Literature??

Scroll to see replies

I applied for a mixture of English and Eng Lit at York, Bristol, KCL, Newcastle and Glasgow - sent off my application yesterday and already got an offer from KCL! so pleased
Reply 21
Original post by rachelthehuman
Ah okay, which is your favourite of the five?

Ooh, congrats :biggrin: Hopefully I will get one soon! The wait for offers is horrible, I am checking my email and Track an unhealthy amount...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!! :biggrin: You will do, don't worry! I was convinced I wasn't going to get any offers because all my friends got an offer within 24 hours, but 8 days later I have three so don't stress, they'll come soon and good luck! It's an exciting time.

The track life is horrible haha.

My favourites are Leeds, Birmingham and Liverpool. Liverpool offered me ABB so I'll use it as my insurance, and Leeds or Birmingham will be my firm (torn between the two--hopefully I'll get an offer from Birmingham, or that would solve it :P

Where is your favourite??
Reply 22
Original post by howtochoose
I applied for a mixture of English and Eng Lit at York, Bristol, KCL, Newcastle and Glasgow - sent off my application yesterday and already got an offer from KCL! so pleased

That's amazing! Well done! :smile:

Where's your favourite?
Original post by wordnerd
Thank you!! :biggrin: You will do, don't worry! I was convinced I wasn't going to get any offers because all my friends got an offer within 24 hours, but 8 days later I have three so don't stress, they'll come soon and good luck! It's an exciting time.

The track life is horrible haha.

My favourites are Leeds, Birmingham and Liverpool. Liverpool offered me ABB so I'll use it as my insurance, and Leeds or Birmingham will be my firm (torn between the two--hopefully I'll get an offer from Birmingham, or that would solve it :P

Where is your favourite??

Well I had an offer come through at 00:48 this morning which is nice to wake up to :biggrin: This is almost as bad as waiting for results day!

Sounds good! Liverpool is a nice place (despite its reputation) My uncle went to Birmingham and he really loved it there (although this was quite a few years ago so things may have changed quite a bit)!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Got offers from KCL, Nottingham and Southampton, just waiting on Cambridge and Exeter!

Anyone else sensing that Exeter is going to be a slow one?
That's amazing! Well done! :smile:

Where's your favourite?

Thank you!! I'm not sure at the moment - I was leaning towards York for a long time but the idea of a bigger city is appealing to me more right now.... I think it just depends on who I even get offers from!!
Reply 26
Well I had an offer come through at 00:48 this morning which is nice to wake up to :biggrin: This is almost as bad as waiting for results day!

Sounds good! Liverpool is a nice place (despite its reputation) My uncle went to Birmingham and he really loved it there (although this was quite a few years ago so things may have changed quite a bit)!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww well done! It is nice haha! Where was the offer from??

My parents are a bit against me going to Birmingham as people keep telling me it has a bit of a bad reputation. I've seen Liverpool and honestly it's so beautiful the repuation barely matters. :P I haven't seen Birmingham's city yet, just the uni, but surely it must be good, I think it's the second largest in the UK or something.
Reply 27
Original post by cassidyjjoy
Got offers from KCL, Nottingham and Southampton, just waiting on Cambridge and Exeter!

Anyone else sensing that Exeter is going to be a slow one?

Well done on yours offers! :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by howtochoose
Thank you!! I'm not sure at the moment - I was leaning towards York for a long time but the idea of a bigger city is appealing to me more right now.... I think it just depends on who I even get offers from!!

York is so beautiful, I've heard it's quite a good student city! I visited York and I really liked their English department and the library there is good haha! :P I wish I'd applied there instead of Leicester but oh well.

I can understand the lure of a big city, it's what I've geared my uni choices to. I come from quite a small (boring) town so I can't wait for city life!
Aww well done! It is nice haha! Where was the offer from??

My parents are a bit against me going to Birmingham as people keep telling me it has a bit of a bad reputation. I've seen Liverpool and honestly it's so beautiful the repuation barely matters. :P I haven't seen Birmingham's city yet, just the uni, but surely it must be good, I think it's the second largest in the UK or something.

The offer was from Edge Hill :biggrin:

I think Birmingham is a lot like Liverpool in that it has a bad reputation but it's actually a pretty nice city. I've never been there but my friend grew up there and she said it's like any city; there are both good parts and bad parts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
The offer was from Edge Hill :biggrin:

I think Birmingham is a lot like Liverpool in that it has a bad reputation but it's actually a pretty nice city. I've never been there but my friend grew up there and she said it's like any city; there are both good parts and bad parts.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! My friend is firming Edge Hill, she applied for joint English/History. It sounds so nice there!
Reply 31
Just got an email from Sheffield telling me I've got an offer! :biggrin: Wasn't expecting one on a Saturday. One more to go.
Hello, I have applied to the University of Birmingham for English Literature. I didn't receive an offer and I'm currently writing a letter of appeal to the admissions office. Are there any current/former students here who could tell me more about the Shakespeare Institute and the teaching facilities in Birmingham?:smile: Urgently needing some help!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending