The Student Room Group

Best universities for economics with these grades

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Killer910
I think your AS grades are fine for lse economics and economic history provided you write a brilliant personal statement since lse only ask for AAB, but since you applied to straight economics for warwick it might be a bit tough since you got a B in AS Maths and they do love students with further maths, and most guys here (i am stuyding economics at warwick) seem to have A*A* in maths and FM but again write a banging PS and they might give you an offer.

Yh the B in maths is a worry. Do you think I'd stand a better chance if I applied with A2 grades next year, with an A in Maths?
Original post by mk_98
Yh the B in maths is a worry. Do you think I'd stand a better chance if I applied with A2 grades next year, with an A in Maths?

Im not sure apply anyway you might get an offer if not then you can reapply. But even doe it says that warwick want A in maths thats extremely rare since 99% of the students here have A* in maths from my experience since they are very popular for economics and have never dropped out of the top 4 since 2008 they get a HUGE amounts of applications so they can cherry pick the guys with the best grades (usally guys with A*A* in maths and FM and guys with a huge amount of A*s in GCSEs) the exact same applies to lse but since you are applying for a less competitve economics course it wont be as bad. My advice would be try get an A* in maths and pick up further maths atleast at AS level then you would be a strong applicant.
Reply 22
Im not sure apply anyway you might get an offer if not then you can reapply. But even doe it says that warwick want A in maths thats extremely rare since 99% of the students here have A* in maths from my experience since they are very popular for economics and have never dropped out of the top 4 since 2008 they get a HUGE amounts of applications so they can cherry pick the guys with the best grades (usally guys with A*A* in maths and FM and guys with a huge amount of A*s in GCSEs) the exact same applies to lse but since you are applying for a less competitve economics course it wont be as bad. My advice would be try get an A* in maths and pick up further maths atleast at AS level then you would be a strong applicant.

Alright thanks. How are you finding the course at warwick btw?
Original post by mk_98
Alright thanks. How are you finding the course at warwick btw?

Its very tough if i am honest especially first term since i am not doing any work but just applying for spring weeks haha, but first year at warwick for straight econ counts 0% towards your final grade so i am good :wink:
Its very tough if i am honest especially first term since i am not doing any work but just applying for spring weeks haha, but first year at warwick for straight econ counts 0% towards your final grade so i am good :wink:

I am applying for warwick next year for l100. My forecast if i am not mistaken is A*AAB, and I took FM until AS, is that okay for my application?
Original post by syahmishaarani
I am applying for warwick next year for l100. My forecast if i am not mistaken is A*AAB, and I took FM until AS, is that okay for my application?

What grade are you predicted for A level Maths and AS FM? Plus what other subjects are you doing?
What grade are you predicted for A level Maths and AS FM? Plus what other subjects are you doing?

Oh sorry for not stating my subjects, currently doing at A2 - Econs, Maths, Chemistry. Predicted A* for maths, A for econs and A for chemistry.
Original post by syahmishaarani
Oh sorry for not stating my subjects, currently doing at A2 - Econs, Maths, Chemistry. Predicted A* for maths, A for econs and A for chemistry.

Pick up AS further maths and your other subjects are strong so provided you write a great PS i would say you can be a strong candidate. But keep in mind warwick economics is extremely competitve from what i have heard and they do get loads of applicants with A2 FM so nothing is guaranteed but do not worry for now just work hard and get those A*s. What other universities are you applying for if i may ask?
Pick up AS further maths and your other subjects are strong so provided you write a great PS i would say you can be a strong candidate. But keep in mind warwick economics is extremely competitve from what i have heard and they do get loads of applicants with A2 FM so nothing is guaranteed but do not worry for now just work hard and get those A*s. What other universities are you applying for if i may ask?

Thank you so much killer910, hoping to see you there next yr haha!

if you don't mind, i've created a thread specifically on my univ list.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3739739

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending