The Student Room Group

GCSE Maths - Edexcel

My final GCSE exams are next year, the exam board my school uses for Maths is Edexcel. I'm thinking of getting this revision guide to help me, I was wondering if it has all the right content to study for my Maths exams next year?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Maths-Edexcel-Revision-Guide-online/dp/1841465445/ref=pd_bxgy_14_img_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=10HGQ12XAD58F3N6XDEA
The CGP books are okay if you learn well from all other CGP books across other subjects. Personally, I don't find the maths one helpful though I know many people that do. I prefer to watch videos :tongue: (Though yes, it does include all content)

I recently found this ebook that you might find useful for revision too :smile:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/417j5u1vdx47po0/The%20Maths%20E-Book%20of%20Notes%20and%20Examples.pdf
Reply 2
Thanks for your help :smile:
Original post by _ariane29
The CGP books are okay if you learn well from all other CGP books across other subjects. Personally, I don't find the maths one helpful though I know many people that do. I prefer to watch videos :tongue: (Though yes, it does include all content)

I recently found this ebook that you might find useful for revision too :smile:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/417j5u1vdx47po0/The%20Maths%20E-Book%20of%20Notes%20and%20Examples.pdf
Reply 3
Another Q, I'm currently doing Foundation Maths but I'm hoping to move to a higher set asap. I'm not sure whether to get a revision guide for Higher or get one for Foundation, master that and then get a Higher one later?
Original post by alanischi
Another Q, I'm currently doing Foundation Maths but I'm hoping to move to a higher set asap. I'm not sure whether to get a revision guide for Higher or get one for Foundation, master that and then get a Higher one later?

Yes get a foundation one first because you wont know what's in the higher or foundation spec if you get higher. Keep trying you can definitely move to higher! ^_____^ Are you in year 10?
Reply 5
Good idea :smile: I'm in Year 11, my teacher told me I need to do well on another progress check in order to move up to Higher
Good idea :smile: I'm in Year 11, my teacher told me I need to do well on another progress check in order to move up to Higher

Okay haha I just realized 'GCSE exams next year' means next calendar year not academic year :tongue: Just keep doing practice questions and you will definitely succeed, a considerable amount of your grade comes down to just knowing where to get the marks :biggrin: Questions repeat themselves constantly,
Reply 7
Yes, one of my teachers said that's what's good about GCSEs; the Qs repeating. I'm going to get a Foundation revision guide, start doing some past papers and then get a Higher revision guide and attempt a Higher paper :smile: I hope I at least get a C!
If you can get MathsWatch (ask your school if they are subscribed to it), it will really help you. They have videos and worksheets for each grade, it really helped me achieve my B grade after being on the D/C grade for a long long time.
Yes, one of my teachers said that's what's good about GCSEs; the Qs repeating. I'm going to get a Foundation revision guide, start doing some past papers and then get a Higher revision guide and attempt a Higher paper :smile: I hope I at least get a C!

Good luck!
Get a MathsWatch DVD it's good help!

Quick Reply