The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lúcio
LOL @ the guy swearing on Sky Sports :biggrin:

Sounded like Joe Hart.
So Klopp joined mid season at a struggling club with no money to spend and he's just beaten City and Chelsea away.

What a bloody genius.
Original post by samir12
Yh but not at the Etihad, last time City got thrashed this hard at home was against Arsenal I think?

Don't think it ever matters if they're home or not, considering they hardly fill their seats
Original post by AR_95
Don't think it ever matters if they're home or not, considering they hardly fill their seats

I'm not sure Arsenal fans are in a position to make fun of the atmosphere elsewhere.
Original post by Lúcio
LOL @ the guy swearing on Sky Sports :biggrin:

You do realise that was Joe Hart right?

Original post by AR_95

Maybe not but they still create more of an atmosphere than Arsenal ever do
Lallana looking like the league-leading player he was at Soton.
Original post by sr90
You do realise that was Joe Hart right?

Lol I just thought it was a City fan :biggrin:

I do feel for him though.
He played an amazing game yet still conceded 4 goals.

What can he do?
Milner - Kolo - Can - Lucas

what a ****ing midfield
Original post by Pimped Butterfly
That first half is probably the best we've played since the 5-1 against Arsenal.

Firmino is going to be one of the best players in the league, and Coutinho already is. Our possession play and movement is better than I've ever seen.

Klopp magic!
Please forgive my below par paint skillz... I just had to.

pelliglol.png
You know what I love so much about this game?

How anonymous Sterling was :smile:
Original post by Lúcio
You know what I love so much about this game?

How anonymous Sterling was :smile:

This made me laugh

https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldChat/status/668144909547929601
Still 6 points outside the top 4 but pleasing to have beat Chelsea and Man City away from home.

We have a winnable run until January now. Lot of games thick and fast and no doubt we'll struggle since teams will sit back but I'm optimistic.
Lets not get too gassed though, City were dire as was Chelsea. Palace (although they are our bogey team) proved that cracks are still there but there is progress in the team.

We have an easier fixture list from now on but in those games teams usually park the bus against us, which is where we really struggle the most as we won't be afforded the space given from City.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Zerforax
Still 6 points outside the top 4 but pleasing to have beat Chelsea and Man City away from home.

We have a winnable run until January now. Lot of games thick and fast and no doubt we'll struggle since teams will sit back but I'm optimistic.

We have a big gap to pull back but if you consider the fixtures we've played, things are looking good.

Leicester have some challenges to cons that we've already faced so we'll see his things stand come the January transfer window :smile:
THIS IS OUR YEAR!!!

Seriously though, a great win and it'll hopefully push us onto a winning run. If we can get close to Top 4 by January and bring in some quality, the Top 4's there for the taking imo.
Original post by Lúcio
We have a big gap to pull back but if you consider the fixtures we've played, things are looking good.

Leicester have some challenges to cons that we've already faced so we'll see his things stand come the January transfer window :smile:

Is it a big gap though? 6pts isn't a lot at this stage of the season, when you factor in that Leicester will fall away it'll be fine.

You'll finish 4th ahead of Spurs.
I am so ****ing happy right now.
Don't worry about top four. Leicester are not a consideration. Chelsea have more chance.

For the games against teams that sit back, we'll be fine. Benteke and Sturridge time.
Fantastic performance from you lot. I really liked the link up between Coutinho, Lallana, and Firmino. One touch movement, quick on the counter, triangle passing. This is the way I like football to be played. The only thing is that teams won't be as open as City were against you and you tend to occupy the spaces in the middle quickly on the counter. Toure was shocking tbh and like City tend to always do left shed loads of space between the midfield and the CBs. I don't get why Otamendi did not start ahead of Demichelis when you consider the transition play of klopp teams, the fact that City are playing at home and like to play the offside trap pushing up the pitch.

Can definitely looks like a player who will go on leaps and bound under Klopp, but he most likely for the sake of the system will be dropped when Henderson is back, while you have the added complications of Benteke+Sturridge. The 2 midfielders behind works better than 1 attacking midfielder two strikers as you have more numbers in the middle and as suggested, Benteke+Sturridge aren't really the most amazing in pressing from the front like Coutinho/Lallana are capable of doing.

Can't give enough credit to Liverpool for today. Fantastic from a footballing and a tactical perspective. Forms still been dodgy under Klopp despite good performances though so I can't really say that a corner has been turned just yet.
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest