The Student Room Group

Aqa gcse papers 2015?

OK.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by KryptoModz
Hi guys!

By any chance does anyone have the official AQA chemistry C2 paper + mark scheme! If you do please can you give a link.

Thanks in advanced!

im not exactly sure but is this the one
FIRST 2 PAGES 2Cl- ---> Cl2 + 2e-Oxidation state of Mn = +7Mn04- + 5e- +8H+ ---> Mn2+ + 4H20Cl2 + 2Br- ----> 2Cl- + Br2Solution turns orange/brownCl2 + 2H20 ----> 4HCl + O2oxidation state of chlorine containing compound = -1Chlorine radical = CF3 with radical . on the Carbon NOT the Fluorine(s) Why Cl lower b.p. = Cl is a smaller molecule than Br (1) or has smaller atomic radius and therefore has a smaller surface area for vdws meaning weaker van der waals BETWEEN MOLECULES (1) 3RD PAGEReasons for atomic radius = As you go down the group size of the atoms increases as extra shells of electrons are being added, meaning more shielding from outer s electrons to the nuclear charge, meaning electrons are situated less closely to the nucleus Trend in reactivity = Increases down the groupSr + 2H20 ---> Sr(OH)2 + H2Most soluble = Ba(OH)24th PAGE = REAGENTS (alcohols)Acidified K2Cr207 --> color change orange to green --> no visible change(Alkane and alkene) Bromine water/ Br2 ---> No visible change ----> color change orange/brown to colorless (ketone and aldehyde) --> Tollens reagent of Fehlings --> Tollens = silver mirror Feelings = red ppt ---> no visible change (AgNO3 and NaN03) Any halide ---> x precipitate (x = color) ---> no visible change (BaCl2 and something else) Concentrated H2S04 ---> White precipitate ---> no visible change (Ill edit this if i remember the other reagent you had to give)CALCULATIONS 1st = -1651 kjmol-12nd = -1110 kjmol-1 (or 1114.6) but i think 3 sig figs was desired 3rd = -1615 kjmol-1 Balancing equation 2 3 3 3 (i put a multiple of x2 by accident so I'm sure multiples will be excepted)MECHANISMS Not going to draw them out but P -Q was Electrophilic addition --> reagent = Na or K OH --> conditions to favor = conc. base, ethanol as the solvent or high temperatures Q-P was Elimination Q - Z was N.S. (REMEMBER N+H3 WAS FORMED THEN THE BREAKAGE OF THE H BOND TOWARDS THE N CATION)POLYMERS ---> Propanoic acid -- Prop-2-en-1-ol = 2HC=CH-CH2OH--> ADDITION POLYMERISATION Mr 48.1 idea was 4(12.00000) + 10(1.00797) (probs wrong number but you needed to write out full number) ANS = 3S.F = 48.1Carbon 12.00000 because it is the standard reference value/ or by definition DRAWING AND NAMING OF COMPOUNDS Butan-2-ol = secondary alcohol -- Propanoic acid -- Prop-2-en-1-ol = 2HC=CH-CH2OH --> ADDITION POLYMERISATION Names = 3,3-dimethylbut-1-ene (ONLY) and 2-chloro-3,3dimethylbutane (ONLY)Propanone OXIDATION EQUATION CH3CHOHCH3 [O] ---> CH3COCH3 + H2OEXTRACTING METALS Equation = -1615 kjmol-1Pure Ca is expensive (may except other credible things) Vanadium Q = VCL4 + 2H2 ---> V + 4HCLRisk = H2 is explosive and V is radioactive Reason for purity = H2 is reducing agent
i am really sorry because of the way it is poorely structured and do u think this is the one
Thanks :smile: However I did manage to find the official paper + mark scheme so I don't need it! Luckily enough I did do well in my paper! Just waiting on the results which will be revealed on Wednesday!

ok no problem i since u stated that u have the unofficial mark scheme and paper would u plz show me the link or anything how you have got it since i need it too thanx
Please private message me :wink:

im really sorry how am i meant to do that
Original post by honey55497
im not exactly sure but is this the one
FIRST 2 PAGES 2Cl- ---> Cl2 + 2e-Oxidation state of Mn = +7Mn04- + 5e- +8H+ ---> Mn2+ + 4H20Cl2 + 2Br- ----> 2Cl- + Br2Solution turns orange/brownCl2 + 2H20 ----> 4HCl + O2oxidation state of chlorine containing compound = -1Chlorine radical = CF3 with radical . on the Carbon NOT the Fluorine(s) Why Cl lower b.p. = Cl is a smaller molecule than Br (1) or has smaller atomic radius and therefore has a smaller surface area for vdws meaning weaker van der waals BETWEEN MOLECULES (1) 3RD PAGEReasons for atomic radius = As you go down the group size of the atoms increases as extra shells of electrons are being added, meaning more shielding from outer s electrons to the nuclear charge, meaning electrons are situated less closely to the nucleus Trend in reactivity = Increases down the groupSr + 2H20 ---> Sr(OH)2 + H2Most soluble = Ba(OH)24th PAGE = REAGENTS (alcohols)Acidified K2Cr207 --> color change orange to green --> no visible change(Alkane and alkene) Bromine water/ Br2 ---> No visible change ----> color change orange/brown to colorless (ketone and aldehyde) --> Tollens reagent of Fehlings --> Tollens = silver mirror Feelings = red ppt ---> no visible change (AgNO3 and NaN03) Any halide ---> x precipitate (x = color) ---> no visible change (BaCl2 and something else) Concentrated H2S04 ---> White precipitate ---> no visible change (Ill edit this if i remember the other reagent you had to give)CALCULATIONS 1st = -1651 kjmol-12nd = -1110 kjmol-1 (or 1114.6) but i think 3 sig figs was desired 3rd = -1615 kjmol-1 Balancing equation 2 3 3 3 (i put a multiple of x2 by accident so I'm sure multiples will be excepted)MECHANISMS Not going to draw them out but P -Q was Electrophilic addition --> reagent = Na or K OH --> conditions to favor = conc. base, ethanol as the solvent or high temperatures Q-P was Elimination Q - Z was N.S. (REMEMBER N+H3 WAS FORMED THEN THE BREAKAGE OF THE H BOND TOWARDS THE N CATION)POLYMERS ---> Propanoic acid -- Prop-2-en-1-ol = 2HC=CH-CH2OH--> ADDITION POLYMERISATION Mr 48.1 idea was 4(12.00000) + 10(1.00797) (probs wrong number but you needed to write out full number) ANS = 3S.F = 48.1Carbon 12.00000 because it is the standard reference value/ or by definition DRAWING AND NAMING OF COMPOUNDS Butan-2-ol = secondary alcohol -- Propanoic acid -- Prop-2-en-1-ol = 2HC=CH-CH2OH --> ADDITION POLYMERISATION Names = 3,3-dimethylbut-1-ene (ONLY) and 2-chloro-3,3dimethylbutane (ONLY)Propanone OXIDATION EQUATION CH3CHOHCH3 [O] ---> CH3COCH3 + H2OEXTRACTING METALS Equation = -1615 kjmol-1Pure Ca is expensive (may except other credible things) Vanadium Q = VCL4 + 2H2 ---> V + 4HCLRisk = H2 is explosive and V is radioactive Reason for purity = H2 is reducing agent
i am really sorry because of the way it is poorely structured and do u think this is the one

Oh Lord.
Not sure what sane person would be willing to go through this. Glad OP found the original paper.
I'll private message you then lol

lmao just done that found out
Thanks :smile: However I did manage to find the official paper + mark scheme so I don't need it! Luckily enough I did do well in my paper! Just waiting on the results which will be revealed on Wednesday!

So you cheated?
I did my mocks over 3 weeks ago, someone in my class group chat posted the link a few days ago, So I used it to basically see how I did on the paper. The wait was to long! I just had to lol.

Ah right, so you got access to the paper once you had already done the mock - in that case you didn't cheat...well done :P
Yeah, I didn't even think AQA would let anyone release the papers.

They wouldn't, AQA's 2015 papers won't be released til 2016! I'm sure someone had access to it via a teacher or some other form of "illegal" method, it would definitely not be on the AQA website as far as my knowledge goes.
Reply 9
Can u please send me it
hey could u send me the paper please?
I did my mocks over 3 weeks ago, someone in my class group chat posted the link a few days ago, So I used it to basically see how I did on the paper. The wait was to long! I just had to lol.

Coupd i please see this paper
Original post by Sindy2000
Coupd i please see this paper

just because i asked for it it dosent mean anyone else can have it by the way this person hasnt sent it im sure his only joking but he has access to these papers but i dont think he has accesed it online he or she was kidding
Original post by PurpleMash
Oh Lord.
Not sure what sane person would be willing to go through this. Glad OP found the original paper.

loooooooooooool lmao i would never spend my time doing this thats insane as you said i copied and pasted this from somewhere
Original post by honey55497
loooooooooooool lmao i would never spend my time doing this thats insane as you said i copied and pasted this from somewhere

Lol, I also meant that no one would be willing to read all of what you've just sent. It's too long and confusing!

Quick Reply

Latest