The Student Room Group

Dundee Medicine 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thelionsroar_
Everyone that's recieved an interview and booked it, have you been sent a confirmation email? I booked mine last night, but I haven't got an email to confirm the booking like it said we should get in the invitation..is that just me?

I'm the same - I booked it last night but haven't received a confirmation email. I imagine we will receive one on Monday.
Reply 81
Original post by madmed16
No, did you?

No. My friend applied 2 years ago and at about the start of November she got a form to fill out work ex and certificate information. After this she got an interview. Maybe they have changed it this time around ...
Original post by Sellers
No. My friend applied 2 years ago and at about the start of November she got a form to fill out work ex and certificate information. After this she got an interview. Maybe they have changed it this time around ...

Yeah... Oh actually, quick question. On our e-vision page, it asks us to upload documents. Are we meant to scan our passport, birth certificate, etc and upload them? I'm not sure what to do...
Me tooooo!!!
were you notified by email, evision or track?
Original post by 1lastchance
were you notified by email, evision or track?

Email and e-vision!
Email and e-vision!

Thanks! :smile:
Yeah... Oh actually, quick question. On our e-vision page, it asks us to upload documents. Are we meant to scan our passport, birth certificate, etc and upload them? I'm not sure what to do...

I think so :smile: Do you know if there is a list which tells you which particular documents count for each of the categories they have asked you to upload? There are two paragraphs about it in my invitation to interview email but it doesn't say what would be acceptable for the Qualification 1 and 2 categories :smile:
Original post by Rumbleroar'sArmy
I think so :smile: Do you know if there is a list which tells you which particular documents count for each of the categories they have asked you to upload? There are two paragraphs about it in my invitation to interview email but it doesn't say what would be acceptable for the Qualification 1 and 2 categories :smile:

No, I'm not sure, sorry. I think I'm reading the same bit as you, but it's not very clear. I'm a little confused as to what they want for the "proof of identification" part also. Hmm... I think I might give them a phone on Monday and ask!
No, I'm not sure, sorry. I think I'm reading the same bit as you, but it's not very clear. I'm a little confused as to what they want for the "proof of identification" part also. Hmm... I think I might give them a phone on Monday and ask!

Sounds like a plan! :smile:
Original post by Rumbleroar'sArmy
Sounds like a plan! :smile:

I'll let you know what they say!
I'll let you know what they say!

Thank you! :smile:
Aw no, don't worry about taking your time to think of an answer! That's what they like - it sounds less rehearsed! Obviously don't take the whole 7 minutes to think of answer, but a little pause is good! Haha, they'll expect everyone to be nervous, so they will give you a bit of slack for that!

You'll be fine, the Dundee interview is just to see if you are a nice person. There are so many challenges that test people unexpectedly and it makes it apparent who the "decent" people are!

I think we're all very scared, but you'll ace it, don't worry so much! 😁

oh, god, okay thank you for the reassurance. have you had an interview at dundee before? do they ever ask any knowledge or science factual questions that you might not know the answer to at all?
what i'm most worried about is not being able to explain to them my commitment to medicine, like I know I am passionate but i couldn't sit in front of them and list reasons! i'm certain i'm going to fail this interview. also knowing that only 80 out of 600 interviews can go to Scottish students... my chances seem so slim!
:eek::eek::eek:
Original post by sunburner
oh, god, okay thank you for the reassurance. have you had an interview at dundee before? do they ever ask any knowledge or science factual questions that you might not know the answer to at all?
what i'm most worried about is not being able to explain to them my commitment to medicine, like I know I am passionate but i couldn't sit in front of them and list reasons! i'm certain i'm going to fail this interview. also knowing that only 80 out of 600 interviews can go to Scottish students... my chances seem so slim!
:eek::eek::eek:

No, not before. I never applied to Dundee last year as I thought I would have no hope in hell (not that I did anywhere else)!

Not really... They probably won't ask any scientific questions out of the blue (I don't think), but if you've mentioned any medical terms or diseases in your personal statement, be prepared to be interrogated!

Have some confidence! I think it's best if you sit down for a while and think of the reasons why you are passionate about medicine. Have you got an interview yet?
No, not before. I never applied to Dundee last year as I thought I would have no hope in hell (not that I did anywhere else)!

Not really... They probably won't ask any scientific questions out of the blue (I don't think), but if you've mentioned any medical terms or diseases in your personal statement, be prepared to be interrogated!

Have some confidence! I think it's best if you sit down for a while and think of the reasons why you are passionate about medicine. Have you got an interview yet?

Okay that's good, thanks! and yes i've got one for Dundee next month and i'm only nervous because it's my first ever interview and my first choice uni so i dont wanna screw it up haha. these "ethical scenarios" sound daunting too. i just hope i can handle the stress of going to so many stations for one interview :colondollar:
Okay that's good, thanks! and yes i've got one for Dundee next month and i'm only nervous because it's my first ever interview and my first choice uni so i dont wanna screw it up haha. these "ethical scenarios" sound daunting too. i just hope i can handle the stress of going to so many stations for one interview :colondollar:

Okay, great!! What date is your interview?
Honestly, don't panic so much! I know it's a horrible thought, but you can only do your best! 😁 (I'm such a hypocrite as I'm unbelievably nervous too, but this is what I keep telling myself)!
Okay, great!! What date is your interview?
Honestly, don't panic so much! I know it's a horrible thought, but you can only do your best! 😁 (I'm such a hypocrite as I'm unbelievably nervous too, but this is what I keep telling myself)!

december 16th, when's yours? and no you're not a hypocrite you're just helping me calm down :smile: what are you going to do to prepare yourself? i don't even know where to start with preparation (apart from reading up on the uni and course structure etc).
if the ethical scenarios involve me arguing for or against euthanasia or abortion, i really will have no clue what to do!
(edited 8 years ago)
december 16th, when's yours! and no you're not a hypocrite you're just helping me calm down :smile: what are you going to do to prepare yourself? i don't even know where to start with preparation (apart from reading up on the uni and course structure etc).
if the ethical scenarios involve me arguing for or against euthanasia or abortion, i really will have no clue what to do!

Well good luck!! My interview is on 18th December! Haha, well I'm glad I'm of some use!

I'm just reading books and websites tbh, and practising questions. I've had one little mock interview, but it just consisted of a student asking me the basic questions (no role play or anything like that)! If you're struggling with what to look at, the ISC Medical Interview book is fantastic (I would recommend it), and I'm using one of the BMJ books - Becoming A Doctor.

For the ethical stations, just make sure you're able to give points for both sides of the argument, then formulate an opinion at the end!
Well good luck!! My interview is on 18th December! Haha, well I'm glad I'm of some use!

I'm just reading books and websites tbh, and practising questions. I've had one little mock interview, but it just consisted of a student asking me the basic questions (no role play or anything like that)! If you're struggling with what to look at, the ISC Medical Interview book is fantastic (I would recommend it), and I'm using one of the BMJ books - Becoming A Doctor.

For the ethical stations, just make sure you're able to give points for both sides of the argument, then formulate an opinion at the end!

what time is your interview? i picked the latest time for mine so it's 2something pm lol! i will be sure to check those books out, are you attending any interview courses? i don't think they're necessary but many people seem to like using them!

on e-vision have you uploaded your passport and ID etc? i didn't know we had to do that - and what do they mean by "qualification 1 and 2"? :s-smilie:
what time is your interview? i picked the latest time for mine so it's 2something pm lol! i will be sure to check those books out, are you attending any interview courses? i don't think they're necessary but many people seem to like using them!

on e-vision have you uploaded your passport and ID etc? i didn't know we had to do that - and what do they mean by "qualification 1 and 2"? :s-smilie:

I booked it for 13:15 - straight after lunch so I thought the interviewers will be a little bit happier with some food in them! Nah, I agree with you, I think they could be very beneficial with regards to what to know, but I think there's so many resources out there now that you'll find them somewhere for free, and at the end of the day, it's down to your personality, and I'm not sure how much a course can impact that! But each to their own I guess (I think some people use them for a confidence boost too)!

Ah, yes, there's a couple of us rather confused about that! I'm going to phone them on Monday to clarify a few things with regards to the document uploads. I'll probably post what they say on this thread!
I booked it for 13:15 - straight after lunch so I thought the interviewers will be a little bit happier with some food in them! Nah, I agree with you, I think they could be very beneficial with regards to what to know, but I think there's so many resources out there now that you'll find them somewhere for free, and at the end of the day, it's down to your personality, and I'm not sure how much a course can impact that! But each to their own I guess (I think some people use them for a confidence boost too)!

Ah, yes, there's a couple of us rather confused about that! I'm going to phone them on Monday to clarify a few things with regards to the document uploads. I'll probably post what they say on this thread!

oh my gosh that is so smart. i should have done that. you little genius! :biggrin:
and okay I'll keep an eye out for your post. don't think we even own a copy of my birth certificate tbh, probably thrown out ages ago!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending