The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

I want Rafa to win so he can face Novak in the semis with another 6-0 6-1 Roger vs Andy.

Novak wasn't bothered as much this match, if it's a repeat on Sunday he will still remain heavy favourite and I'm sure if federer had break and set points like in US open the pressure will get to him again in the championship match, this match had no weight whatsoever.
I think Federer will be supporting Nadal big time tomorrow, he was shaky in beating Nadal in Basel and with each passing day Nadal's confidence is increasing. If Federer plays Murray it'll be a comprehensive beat down
This loss might not be so bad for Djokovic at all because Federer is the only one who can really beat him here. Murray will most likely top the other group with Nadal finishing 2nd. So in the SF, Fed will play Rafa and I think on this slow court, Rafa is the favourite and we all know how Novak-Andy matches go these days. So we have a Novak-Rafa final and there is only one winner in that one.
(edited 8 years ago)
Meh, Djokovic probably got too comfy dismantling weak opponents in the past month and wasn't prepared for Fed. Way too many uncharacteristic unforced errors. I still think Novak will win if two of them are in the final which is probable.
Either one of these 2 will happen imho:
Nadal in 3 or Murray in 2
Wow who'd have bet on Rafa beating oddly out of sorts Wawrinka and Murray in straights. Credit to Nadal for stepping it up and should he keep it up he should definitely be reaching semis, finals and maybe winning slams again next year.
Sad to see that even after the Lendl years Murray still beats himself with all the mental distractions, Rafa was great but Andy should have made it a lot more competitive.
Hopefully Djokovic can beat Berdych and we can see how far Rafa has come against the best in the world right now
Original post by lizzy95
Wow who'd have bet on Rafa beating oddly out of sorts Wawrinka and Murray in straights. Credit to Nadal for stepping it up and should he keep it up he should definitely be reaching semis, finals and maybe winning slams again next year.
Sad to see that even after the Lendl years Murray still beats himself with all the mental distractions, Rafa was great but Andy should have made it a lot more competitive.
Hopefully Djokovic can beat Berdych and we can see how far Rafa has come against the best in the world right now

I thought rafa would win.

Hehe :smile:
Original post by ThatGuyRik
I thought rafa would win.

Hehe :smile:

Did you bet on it? If so hats off to you sir!
Original post by lizzy95
Did you bet on it? If so hats off to you sir!

I wish i did, was so tempted. Knew Murray was going to lose for some reason. New fire within nadal.
Okay so my thoughts.

Novak is probably going to win the dam thing if not then Federer.

Hopefully Nadal wins if not then Federer.
Reply 4510
That cow in the crowd screaming out when Stan hit his first serve at break point (to Murray) and he never even got allowed to retake his serve. Before that, the useless bastard of an umpire corrected a shot that was in fact wide. And of course, Murray being miserable, doesn't insist on Stan retaking his first serve.

So angry, in case you hadn't guessed.

What the ****.
Gues whos back, back again, rafas back, tell a friendddddd
How many years have I waited for this... And FINALLY Nole evens up the head to head 23-23.
Now let's see him do the same against Roger and end the 10 year pain living in their shadow
Absolute clinic from Djokovic right there, Rafa has improved dramatically over the indoor season but still a league below Novak right now.
Rafa looks so lost against Djokovic these days. He can't play his natural defensive game because he isn't physically the same anymore and he can't play aggressively either because that's not his game. Don't see Nadal ever beating Djokovic again unless Djokovic starts to decline himself soon which would make this rivalry interesting once again.
Yep, Olderer is going down.
Gutted after Rafa losing today... Such a champ and it hurts to see him like this although he is improving, not there close yet, and especially as I've been a diehard fan for years. Praying he will bounce back like a tiger roaring showing who he is in 2016 winning slams and masters again and regaining his no.1 position. Vamos matador...
Can't see Rafa bouncing back, unfortunately. That's a shame, but he seems a shadow of his once brilliant former self.
Original post by Mackay
Can't see Rafa bouncing back, unfortunately. That's a shame, but he seems a shadow of his once brilliant former self.

He'll be back.

Spoiler

Original post by ThatGuyRik
He'll be back.

Spoiler

I really hope so. Just keep vamosing

Quick Reply

Latest