The Student Room Group

Should the US annexe Syria and make it the 53rd state?

Poll

Should the US annexe Syria and make it the 53rd state?

After making Puerto Rico the 51st state and the US Virgin Islands the 52nd state, of course.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No, stupid, but one does wonder if the state of the country would be better in western hands. You only have to look to Israel which seems one of the few civilized countries in the middle east even though war is on their doorstep, their policy is doing something right. Growing economy, growing university connections with other universities, great technological developments, tourism is popular, even their environmental and conservation progress is to be admired for the middle east.
Reply 2
Original post by Gears265
No, stupid, but one does wonder if the state of the country would be better in western hands. You only have to look to Israel which seems one of the few civilized countries in the middle east even though war is on their doorstep, their policy is doing something right. Growing economy, growing university connections with other universities, great technological developments, tourism is popular, even their environmental and conservation progress is to be admired for the middle east.

Israel even very nearly qualifies to be in the US Visa Waiver Program but fails due to reprocity issues with Arab Americans.
You mean Israel who are trying their utmost to wipe Palestine off the map? Israel.
Reply 4
Original post by _Bright Eyes
You mean Israel who are trying their utmost to wipe Palestine off the map? Israel.

Which other Israel would it be FFS? :rofl:

Oh that's right, there is only ONE! :cool:
Reply 5

Lmao
Reply 6
Original post by Arkasia
Lmao

You won't be laughing when Israel starts it's own empire and colonises your country! :no:
Reply 7
Original post by BrianGriffin
You won't be laughing when Israel starts it's own empire and colonises your country! :no:

Nope, I'll probably be giggling, or chuckling at the very least.
Reply 8
Original post by Arkasia
Nope, I'll probably be giggling, or chuckling at the very least.

I like Israeli leeks! :u:
Reply 9
Original post by BrianGriffin
I like Israeli leeks! :u:

I'm partial to English broccoli myself, or even French runner beans.
Original post by Arkasia
I'm partial to English broccoli myself, or even French runner beans.

Or Scottish carrots! :biggrin:

Don't complain when you antagonize a lion that it might pounce back, 10 times the force. HAMAS control Palestine and HAMAS release a new video everyday detailing their aim to kill every Israeli, every Jew, even every westerner nowadays. What do you expect Israel to do when terrorists attack and threaten them? Ask them politely to go away? Not really. Israel and Palestine can not coexist, they never will so if there has to be one victor I pick Israel because unlike HAMAS and the Palestinians they don't want to kill me just for being born in the west
[QUOTE=Gears265;60785781]Don't complain when you antagonize a lion that it might pounce back, 10 times the force. HAMAS control Palestine and HAMAS release a new video everyday detailing their aim to kill every Israeli, every Jew, even every westerner nowadays. What do you expect Israel to do when terrorists attack and threaten them? Ask them politely to go away? Not really. Israel and Palestine can not coexist, they never will so if there has to be one victor I pick Israel because unlike HAMAS and the Palestinians they don't want to kill me just for being born in the west

Did David "antagonize" Goliath?

Given how supportive you have been of Israel's development and praising their civilization, isn't referring to them in animal terms just a little bit derogatory?

Or are you saying that Israel has an insatiable thirst for Palestinian blood?

That's a stupid thing to say given that you and I both know Israel could destroy Gaza and The West Bank and kill everyone in it within a day if it wanted to.

If they wanted to wipe Palestine off the map they could do it in an afternoon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DiddyDec
If they wanted to wipe Palestine off the map they could do it in an afternoon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Instead they prefer to continue to deny the Palestinians statehood whilst illegally, and gradually, stealing more of their land rendering any such Palestinian state infeasible (eventually).
Original post by Illiberal Liberal
Instead they prefer to continue to deny the Palestinians statehood whilst illegally, and gradually, stealing more of their land rendering any such Palestinian state infeasible (eventually).

Was the Palestinian state ever feasible?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

No less feasible than an Israeli state once was.

Regardless, that does nothing to justify Israel's illegal occupation and annexation of Palestinian territories (which have the clear aim of subsuming East Jerusalem, for example, into Israel).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, before 1947 it was...
Original post by TheArtofProtest
Did David "antagonize" Goliath?

Given how supportive you have been of Israel's development and praising their civilization, isn't referring to them in animal terms just a little bit derogatory?

Or are you saying that Israel has an insatiable thirst for Palestinian blood?

It's your personal opinion how you receive such a remark. Some people take being compared to a lion very honoured, just because you have a lower opinion of animals does not mean the rest of us do. I love lions so we are all different :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending