The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 900
Does anyone else dislike weekends at the moment purely because it makes the waiting game longer? :frown:
Original post by katienursing2015
I'm doing an access course and all my results were pending when my application was sent off. I'd imagine they probably want everyone to have one like edge hill. I only got the interview offer from edge hill on Wednesday for 26th Nov and it said in their information for the interviews it needed to be sent to them a week prior to the interview. I had to ring them up because of that and they said I just needed to bring it with me to the interview x

It says on the letter they want an acedemic reference. My first one was very character based although she did mention my acedemic capability. I'll need to ask my current tutor but I won't see her until weds night, then it's posting it and waiting around to be posted back. Aw the wait is horrible lol
Original post by Sezena
Does anyone else dislike weekends at the moment purely because it makes the waiting game longer? :frown:

YES. haha. A lot!!!!!!! Who are you waiting on now
Reply 903
Original post by emmawebb
YES. haha. A lot!!!!!!! Who are you waiting on now

All of them apart from Wolverhampton! I only sent it on Wednesday but the weekend came and now it just makes it extra loooong! Derby, Keele (but apparantly won't hear from them till after deadline), Chester and North Hampton now! Haven't found anyone on here who wants any of them so far :frown:
Original post by Sezena

Yes! I've had two interviews, one on the 13th and another yesterday so I hate the weekends! I just want to know now 😁 X
It says on the letter they want an acedemic reference. My first one was very character based although she did mention my acedemic capability. I'll need to ask my current tutor but I won't see her until weds night, then it's posting it and waiting around to be posted back. Aw the wait is horrible lol

Oh right! Then again some unis want both anyway like the reference on my application is an acedemic one so the one I need to get is a character reference x
Original post by Sezena
All of them apart from Wolverhampton! I only sent it on Wednesday but the weekend came and now it just makes it extra loooong! Derby, Keele (but apparantly won't hear from them till after deadline), Chester and North Hampton now! Haven't found anyone on here who wants any of them so far :frown:

Are you for Adult nursing? I'm for child and i haven't heard anything yet from any of mine really apart from chester wanting tge reference and DeMontfort said i will hear within 10 days. I still havent heard from Wolverhampton, Staffordshire or Angila ruskin. When is your Wolverhampton interview x
Oh right! Then again some unis want both anyway like the reference on my application is an acedemic one so the one I need to get is a character reference x

Yeah you know it actually says on my letter that they look for both so maybe thats just what it is. Its the waiting i hate esp when everyone else is recieving dates lol x
Reply 908
Are you for Adult nursing? I'm for child and i haven't heard anything yet from any of mine really apart from chester wanting tge reference and DeMontfort said i will hear within 10 days. I still havent heard from Wolverhampton, Staffordshire or Angila ruskin. When is your Wolverhampton interview x

Yeah I'm for adult nursing! I just feel the field is a lot more wide spread and not limited! :smile: as much as I love children, especially babies haha! Wolverhampton is the 11th December :smile:!
Original post by Sezena
Yeah I'm for adult nursing! I just feel the field is a lot more wide spread and not limited! :smile: as much as I love children, especially babies haha! Wolverhampton is the 11th December :smile:!

Well, you know what's for you! Adult nursing is amazing too there is so much you can do and move onto with adult ..I thought for a while I wanted Adult, but forever I wanted midwifery, well I thought. I done placement and worked in maternity wards and antenatal and postnatal departments, but realised my main interest was in the child so I'm more towards nursing children, esp newborns. At the min I think I want to work in neonatal intensive care, but then again I love children that can chat back and I can interact with. So my placements will just help me decide where I wan to work. I'm so excited!
Original post by Sezena

You can work with babies as an adult trained nurse btw.
Reply 911
Original post by ForestCat
You can work with babies as an adult trained nurse btw.

Can you really?! I remember reading the field you go into there's no switching around!
Original post by Sezena
Can you really?! I remember reading the field you go into there's no switching around!

Adult nurses can work in scbu or nicu, you don't need to be a children's nurse. They'll train you up as needs be.

Also you can do shortened (18 months) courses if you want to be dual registered, e.g l. Both adult and children trained. Or if you want to go from being an adult nurse to a midwife.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by queen_brown
Hi, My interview for MMU is on the 15th too! So nervous, its my first proper interview and don't really know what to expect!

Neither do I, I'm just really hoping I'm asked about my work experience because that's one thing I'm quite confident talking about haha. What time is your interview?:smile:
Branch: Adult Nursing
Uni(s) applying to: University of Leeds & Sheffield Hallam
Relevant experience/extra info: I work as a care assistant and take up any opportunity to learn about and get trained in clinical procedures.

I had an interview at the University of Leeds last week and I think it went well, just waiting on an email/letter from them within the next week or so! When I filled in my ucas application in september it still said there were places available for the March intake at Sheffield Hallam, but I thought that would have been full, so I applied for both the March and September intakes. Not heard anything from Hallam yet, hoping to hear something soon!
Is anyone having bother with using Sn@p? I can't seem to get it working and need to practise the maths tests.
I've received another uni interview offer for Mental health nursing ( via email) but it clashes with another uni's offer to interview me..what should i do?

I know i need to ring one of the uni's up and try and move the date, but i'm really scared it will effect my chances :s
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Shadowsfear
I've revived another uni interview offer for Mental health nursing ( via email) but it clashes with another uni's offer to interview me..what should i do?

I know i need to ring one of the uni's up and try and move the date, but i'm really scared it will effect my chances :s

You're just gonna have to ring one of them and explain the situation. I'm sure they'll understand as it's a valid reason for needing the date changed.
Hi!

I had my numeracy and literacy tests at London South Bank last Wednesday and found out this morning I passed them and have an interview on the 16th December! Does anyone know what form their interviews take? E.g MMIs or group interviews?
Thanks!
You're just gonna have to ring one of them and explain the situation. I'm sure they'll understand as it's a valid reason for needing the date changed.

thanks, thats what i plan to do today,as it needs sorting asap due to the travel involved

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending