The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Offer Holders 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tizzydag
my friend got one last friday.

Omg that's so cool! (He/she must be an impressive applicant!!!) Did your friend also apply to Oxbridge?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Gov and Econ unconditional offer holder here, coming from France and Japan.
Original post by Soekblas
Gov and Econ unconditional offer holder here, coming from France and Japan.

Unconditional Gov and Econ offer holder from Scotland (but ethnically Russian)! Haven't met anyone else with an unconditional for my course before - are you firming?
Nice meeting you! I've already firmed lse (deferred entry). Will you firm?
Nice meeting you! I've already firmed lse (deferred entry). Will you firm?

Good to meet you! Yeah pretty sure I will be - probably this week! Oh cool, I had an offer last year too but reapplied to get it again rather than defering (long story).

Have you looked into things like accommodation etc? Super excited about living in London and the people I know at LSE at the moment are having such a good time. (y)
Original post by LevCrofts
Good to meet you! Yeah pretty sure I will be - probably this week! Oh cool, I had an offer last year too but reapplied to get it again rather than defering (long story).Have you looked into things like accommodation etc? Super excited about living in London and the people I know at LSE at the moment are having such a good time. (y)

haha ok, I think my first choice will be Bankside cause of the size, the location, the rooms and the atmosphere but haven't made up my decision yet, and you ?
Yep I also have friends at London (not LSE though, UCL and King's) and they are really enjoying it. I'm really impatient to get started!
haha ok, I think my first choice will be Bankside cause of the size, the location, the rooms and the atmosphere but haven't made up my decision yet, and you ?
Yep I also have friends at London (not LSE though, UCL and King's) and they are really enjoying it. I'm really impatient to get started!

I know one person at Bankside and she loves it! I was going to put Roseberry, Passfield and Carr-Sanders as my top three - mainly for the social life!
Yeah I know what you mean about being impatient... especially as I'm seeing photos of LSE nights out all over my snapchat!

I guess I'll see you in class next year! Feel free to drop me a message. :smile:
Original post by laesterherz
Omg that's so cool! (He/she must be an impressive applicant!!!) Did your friend also apply to Oxbridge?

cambridge yeah lol
Reply 28
Original post by constantino_chr
I got an offer for BSc Government on Friday.

Both my AS grades and my GCSE's were only OK, so for anyone who wants to apply in the future, be aware the rumors about needing 8+ A*s is b******s. Just make sure your PS is strong and I'd definitely recommend applying for their Summer School programme.

Good luck to those still waiting!

What's there summer school programme? And what did you put in your personal statement?
Thanks
Original post by Amy99
What's there summer school programme? And what did you put in your personal statement?
Thanks

The summer school programme is called LSE Choice but it is only for students living in London and who fit a specific widening participation criteria: http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/informationForTeachersAndSchools/wideningParticipation/lseChoice.aspx

In terms of personal statement, I looked at the content of the courses I applied for and tried to make my PS as unique as possible. I looked for recent books rather than the generic Piketty because the tutors hear those books all the time, and there are only a few offers to give out. I also spoke about the NGOs I've been working with and left the debating stuff and competitions for my reference.

I'd say that my PS was 80% academic, even though I didn't apply to Oxbridge.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 30
Original post by IMZL
Ahh I'm applying for the undergraduate course in maths w/econ, good luck in getting an offer!

Got a maths with eco offer today
Reply 31
Original post by edenzane
Got a maths with eco offer today

Congrats! May I ask when you applied and your GCSE's+AS levels?
Still waiting on a Philosophy, Logic and Scientific method, not massively confident but hopefully I'm an outside chance! In
Reply 33
Original post by felixobholzer
Still waiting on a Philosophy, Logic and Scientific method, not massively confident but hopefully I'm an outside chance! In

I am also applying for Philosophy Logic and the Scientific method, and am also waiting but I have already received my unconditional acceptance from KCL in philosophy, so it would be a tough pick between the too if I get accepted to LSE. Any suggestions?
Reply 34
Original post by IMZL
Congrats! May I ask when you applied and your GCSE's+AS levels?

Thank you.
AS Level:
A Maths
A economics
A Further maths
B French

GCSE: 4A* 6A 1B
Thank you.
AS Level:
A Maths
A economics
A Further maths
B French

GCSE: 4A* 6A 1B

Congrats on the offer! Your grades are awesome too! May I ask what your UMS' were like and predictions?

Thank you!
Reply 36
Original post by coolguy123456
Congrats on the offer! Your grades are awesome too! May I ask what your UMS' were like and predictions?

Thank you!

Thanks,

Predictions were A* maths A* Eco A Further

UMS was 291/300 maths
268/300 further
178/200 Eco
French was like 146/200 or something like that
Original post by LevCrofts
I've got an Unconditional for the BSc in Government and Economics <3 Is anyone else firming and has anyone else starting thinking about halls etc? Maybe I'm just eager. :wink:

Congrats! I am about to apply the same course but for the ps i've made it for 4 other choices which are mainly economics, do you write your ps econs + gov? Tq
Has anyone gotten an offer for LLB yet?
Thanks,

Predictions were A* maths A* Eco A Further

UMS was 291/300 maths
268/300 further
178/200 Eco
French was like 146/200 or something like that

Pretty much the same academic profile as me! Apart from I had the B in physics instead of French but same predictions and 294 in maths, 264 in further and 172 in econ! Congratulations on the offer again!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending