The Student Room Group

Plymouth Medical School Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ThePrestigeUK
I am not saying the whole 20 minutes is on one scenario! I just meant the basis for interview is one scenario so you need to get a good grasp of it.
They will most likely ask traditional questions too. They cant test every skill they want with one scenario.

It'd be useful to know roughly what we are expected to write down and what we are expected to speak about.
Did any intl applicants get an interview?
Original post by koolgurl14
Did any intl applicants get an interview?

I thought that they did internationals after Christmas but I may be wrong.
Original post by dairychocolate
It'd be useful to know roughly what we are expected to write down and what we are expected to speak about.

Hopefully it will all become clear when we get there :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bit scary to say that interviews are this week 😳

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JulietR
Bit scary to say that interviews are this week 😳

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah i know, still can't quite believe it aha How is your preparation going ?
Original post by GameofStones
Yeah i know, still can't quite believe it aha How is your preparation going ?

One minute i think it'll be okay, the next I'm panicking thinking I don't know anything?! How about you??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JulietR
One minute i think it'll be okay, the next I'm panicking

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, same.

Like I'll feel on top of things and then run into a question where I have to think for half an hour and end up just choking on my tongue.
Yeah, same.

Like I'll feel on top of things and then run into a question where I have to think for half an hour and end up just choking on my tongue.

What sort of preparation have you been doing? I haven't really done much :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JulietR
What sort of preparation have you been doing? I haven't really done much :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thinking up examples of teamwork and similar qualities.

Basically thinking about the main concepts, such as why I want to do medicine, what I want to achieve in my career, my positive traits.

I also looked at some ethical scenarios online.

How about you?
Thinking up examples of teamwork and similar qualities.

Basically thinking about the main concepts, such as why I want to do medicine, what I want to achieve in my career, my positive traits.

I also looked at some ethical scenarios online.

How about you?

I've done very similar things, reflecting on my work experience etc and looking at ethics

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anybody on here staying over at the Jury's inn on the 26th?
Original post by Multiplication
Anybody on here staying over at the Jury's inn on the 26th?

Me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey Guys,

My interview is on the 27th also. Does no one find it strange that the interview isn't at the Medical School? :s-smilie:

I was hoping to have a look around, even though there wasn't a tour. :colondollar:
Original post by JulietR
One minute i think it'll be okay, the next I'm panicking thinking I don't know anything?! How about you??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same for me, i feel like there's so much the interviewer are expecting you to say in such little time that i actually don't know where to start the question, hopefully my mock goes well ! You've had any mocks yet?
Original post by GameofStones
Same for me, i feel like there's so much the interviewer are expecting you to say in such little time that i actually don't know where to start the question, hopefully my mock goes well ! You've had any mocks yet?

I'm a gap year applicant so I already have my grades :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JulietR

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol I think he's talking about mock interviews, not mock exams! But I'm a gap year applicant too just to put it out there

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Astronaut Sloth
Hey Guys,

My interview is on the 27th also. Does no one find it strange that the interview isn't at the Medical School? :s-smilie:

I was hoping to have a look around, even though there wasn't a tour. :colondollar:

The Jury's Inn is only 5-10 mins walk from the campus so you can wander up there and nosey-around. Portland Square is the main building that medics have their lectures and PBL sessions; you could go into the ground floor coffee shop to get the feel of it at least plus the campus shops/coffee bars etc. would all be open for you to look around/eat in. The clinical skills facilities are up at Derriford Hospital in the John Bull building so it would be tricky to gain access there on interview day.
The Jury's Inn works well as an interview venue - plenty of comfortable waiting areas/sofas, lots of suitable rooms, coffee bar etc. and there is parking just underneath it. plus, if you fancy a stroll, you're only a 10 minute walk from the harbour front for a bit of post-interview fish and chips...
Original post by NBrooks19
Lol I think he's talking about mock interviews, not mock exams! But I'm a gap year applicant too just to put it out there

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oops! I haven't had the chance for any mock interviews :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JulietR

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by NBrooks19

Posted from TSR Mobile

I swear it feels like every second person who applies to Plymouth is a gap year/resit applicant like myself. At least I know I won't feel like an old man if I get in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending