The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone heard from Angila Ruskin?
Reply 921
Original post by louisegalley
Hi!

I had my numeracy and literacy tests at London South Bank last Wednesday and found out this morning I passed them and have an interview on the 16th December! Does anyone know what form their interviews take? E.g MMIs or group interviews?
Thanks!

Hey congratulations! :smile: I had my tests on Wednesday too but haven't had my interview date yet. I emailed them last week and they told me I'd passed but the system hasn't updated? I assume it will be on the same day!

I'm not sure about the interview style either but if I find out I'll let you know. Might be on their website?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chash22308903
Hi, I've applied to Hull too but haven't heard back :frown: What branch of nursing have you applied for?

ive applied for adult nursing, applied to sheffield hallam, derby, hull, huddersfield and lincoln. i have interviews for hull and sheffield and have done an online assessment for derby, if you pass that its guaranteed interview so waiting to hear back from that, has anyone else done the derby assessment
Original post by Razmatiz
The afternoon. I was in the last group to go in for the interview and so spent the whole time getting worried about it! Just got to wait and hope now.

How are you feeling? I feel like the last 3 days have been the slowest 3 days of my life!
Has anyone heard back from Southampton? I've only had an acknowledgement. I applied 3 weeks ago.

Also I'm supposed to have my Plymouth interview tomorrow at 9. I requested a change of date a week ago but they still haven't gotten back to me, I'm worried they'll be expecting me tomorrow :s-smilie:
I would ring them now and make sure because if they are expecting you and you don't turn up they won't give you another date x
Original post by dragonsonmars
Has anyone heard back from Southampton? I've only had an acknowledgement. I applied 3 weeks ago.

Also I'm supposed to have my Plymouth interview tomorrow at 9. I requested a change of date a week ago but they still haven't gotten back to me, I'm worried they'll be expecting me tomorrow :s-smilie:
yes most definitely ring and check, unis are very slow to reply to emails, always ring if you can xx
Reply 927
Original post by louisegalley
Hi!

I had my numeracy and literacy tests at London South Bank last Wednesday and found out this morning I passed them and have an interview on the 16th December! Does anyone know what form their interviews take? E.g MMIs or group interviews?
Thanks!

Hi, I found out today my interview is the 7th December! At the open day they said they are MMI's and referred to it "speed dating interviews" so the one person will ask the same question to all the different candidates throughout the session and after a certain amount of time you swap to the next interviewer! I'm not sure if there are any other tasks we have to as well as the interview though, I've heard some unis do role play etc! Hopefully someone will know more :smile:
Original post by abbiieelouise97
Branch: mental health
Unis applied to: Bournemouth, Swansea, Cardiff and Southampton

Ive had my interview/selection day for Southampton and have one for Swansea on the 27th and Bournemouth on the 9th! Anyone attending? Would be nice to get to know some people :smile:

Hi I've applied to bournemouth too!! How soon after applying did you get a response?

Posted from TSR Mobile
About 2 weeks! Have an interview on the 9th of December :smile: good luck!
Thankyou good luck for your interview!!! Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MsRaine
How are you feeling? I feel like the last 3 days have been the slowest 3 days of my life!

Haha, the refresh button on my emails has been well worn today! I guess they will have gone home now... so I will begin again in the morning!
Haha, the refresh button on my emails has been well worn today! I guess they will have gone home now... so I will begin again in the morning!

Same! However I have a horrid feeling I am going to wake up just past midnight to check my emails, because they sent my interview invite at 3 minutes past midnight! Haha this is torture!
Original post by MsRaine
Same! However I have a horrid feeling I am going to wake up just past midnight to check my emails, because they sent my interview invite at 3 minutes past midnight! Haha this is torture!

Oh no! I thought I had a few hours off, but now I'm thinking I should keep checking :smile:
Oh no! I thought I had a few hours off, but now I'm thinking I should keep checking :smile:

Haha sorry!! My phone beeps every time I receive an email, and each time my stomach does a somersault!
Hi guys,
I have 2 interviews. One is on the 26th (this Thursday) at the University of Bradford and the other one is on the 12th of December at the University of York. Does anyone else have any on these dates??
Can I remind people not to ask for, or share, specific interview content, including what questions were asked.
Original post by ciaracross
I had an interview for JMU on 28th October and got an offer the day after, and I had an interview for Uni of Liverpool on the 11th November and got an offer on the day after aswell!

Good luck! x

Thanks amazing well done! How were both the interviews?
Original post by amyc789
Hi, I found out today my interview is the 7th December! At the open day they said they are MMI's and referred to it "speed dating interviews" so the one person will ask the same question to all the different candidates throughout the session and after a certain amount of time you swap to the next interviewer! I'm not sure if there are any other tasks we have to as well as the interview though, I've heard some unis do role play etc! Hopefully someone will know more :smile:

Hey! My interview is also on the 7th December! :smile:
Really worried about the numeracy tests, can anyone suggest any websites or resources apart from sn@p??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending