The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

QMUL, four-week reply time?

Hi all,

To anyone who is studying at Queen Mary, or are also applying, what has been your experiences with the four-week reply time?

Does the university (especially for English), endeavor to reply within this time-frame; what is the likelihood of them replying for such a competitive course in this time?

Did any of you hear back later than four weeks after receipt of your application?

I am just curious as I know track is going down between 18:00 tonight until Monday 9th November, and my four week date is the 11th November.

Also, is it likely that universities will still make decisions in this time? If so, would it update through the portal?

Thank-you for all of your help!! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
They sent me an offer for Law LLB about 2/3 days before the 4 week mark :smile:
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Hey, I sent off my UCAS on Thursday morning and then got an email from QMUL saying they'll reply within four weeks but got my offer on the same day by the afternoon which I must admit was super quick. Some people I know even got offers in April so it varies really

Original post by RebeccaTheWhovia
Hi all,

To anyone who is studying at Queen Mary, or are also applying, what has been your experiences with the four-week reply time?

Does the university (especially for English), endeavor to reply within this time-frame; what is the likelihood of them replying for such a competitive course in this time?

Did any of you hear back later than four weeks after receipt of your application?

I am just curious as I know track is going down between 18:00 tonight until Monday 9th November, and my four week date is the 11th November.

Also, is it likely that universities will still make decisions in this time? If so, would it update through the portal?

Thank-you for all of your help!! :smile:
They did mine in two weeks for biomed
And for my friend, they did hers in two days for psychology

Posted from TSR Mobile
There is a thread for applicants and offer-holders which may be useful to you all! :smile:
Reply 5
I'm still waiting for mine been about a week :frown: It's disheartening seeing people getting next day offers. But, oh well, hopefully they will still be considering me.
I applied for Accounting and it took them 2 days to get back to me. (Sent Ucas application on Thursday, received an offer on saturday morning)
My 4 weeks is tomorrow, still waiting
Reply 8
I applied on 15th Oct and still waiting. :frown:
I applied last year, but I applied for Genetics on 10th October and they didn't reply until 23rd December.
Original post by slac93
They sent me an offer for Law LLB about 2/3 days before the 4 week mark :smile:

That is really lucky! Congratulations on your offer! :smile:

Original post by Starlighter
Hey, I sent off my UCAS on Thursday morning and then got an email from QMUL saying they'll reply within four weeks but got my offer on the same day by the afternoon which I must admit was super quick. Some people I know even got offers in April so it varies really

Wow, that is quick! Congratulations on your offer! What is your subject? :smile:

Original post by Bloom77
They did mine in two weeks for biomed
And for my friend, they did hers in two days for psychology

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations to you (and your friend) on your offers! :smile:

Original post by Save.Me
I'm still waiting for mine been about a week :frown: It's disheartening seeing people getting next day offers. But, oh well, hopefully they will still be considering me.

Have you heard back from QMUL yet? I know the feeling :frown: What is your subject?

Good luck with your application! Have you heard back from QMUL yet? :smile:

Original post by Curryman98
I applied for Accounting and it took them 2 days to get back to me. (Sent Ucas application on Thursday, received an offer on saturday morning)

That is super quick! Congratulations on your offer! Is it your first choice? :smile:

Original post by geoffreywhyte
My 4 weeks is tomorrow, still waiting

:frown: I'm sorry to hear that you have been kept waiting too! Have you heard back from Queen Mary yet? What is your subject? :smile:

Original post by Pythian
I applied on 15th Oct and still waiting. :frown:

I'm sorry to hear that :frown: Have you heard back yet? What subject have you applied for? :smile:

Original post by loperdoper
I applied last year, but I applied for Genetics on 10th October and they didn't reply until 23rd December.

Wow! That is a long time to wait (and just before Christmas!). Are you studying there now? :smile:
Unfortunately still waiting for a response from Queen Mary now....applied on 15th October. Has anyone heard about ANY English interviews or offers?! Do they still even interview for the BA English programme?! :smile:
Wow! That is a long time to wait (and just before Christmas!). Are you studying there now? :smile:

Yep - and I knew it was the last day they could possibly reply before christmas break. They kept me waiting until 8pm as well!

My entry is deferred, so not studying yet :smile: That may have been the reason for the time I waited for the offer, in hindsight.
I applied for Science and engineering foundation program, and still haven't heard back .... It has been 6 weeks already.
That is really lucky! Congratulations on your offer! :smile:

Wow, that is quick! Congratulations on your offer! What is your subject? :smile:

Congratulations to you (and your friend) on your offers! :smile:

Have you heard back from QMUL yet? I know the feeling :frown: What is your subject?

Good luck with your application! Have you heard back from QMUL yet? :smile:

That is super quick! Congratulations on your offer! Is it your first choice? :smile:

:frown: I'm sorry to hear that you have been kept waiting too! Have you heard back from Queen Mary yet? What is your subject? :smile:

I'm sorry to hear that :frown: Have you heard back yet? What subject have you applied for? :smile:

Yes, I've got an offer now!! :biggrin: I applied for Biomedical Science. What are you applying for/have you got an offer? Sorry if you've already said, it's been so long since I've been online haha.
Anyone invited to the offer holder day on 15th December? I live so far away, so not sure if I'll even be able to go :frown: Also, does anyone know if there'll be others next year, with notice?
Original post by Save.Me
Yes, I've got an offer now!! :biggrin: I applied for Biomedical Science. What are you applying for/have you got an offer? Sorry if you've already said, it's been so long since I've been online haha.

Well done, congratulations!! :biggrin: I've applied for English (and generally have no idea if they still usually interview for English, or if anyone has received an interview/offer yet either), and have heard nothing! That's ok, thank you for replying haha! :smile:
Ah damn! Completely in the same boat (four days off two months too!), hopefully we will both hear back - with positive news - soon! :smile:
Well done, congratulations!! I've applied for English (and generally have no idea if they still usually interview for English, or if anyone has received an interview/offer yet either), and have heard nothing! That's ok, thank you for replying haha!

They might just be taking a while because it's close to deadline and everyone will be sending in their applications now? So they'll have more to look at. I'm sure you'll get your offer soon :smile: try looking at the university connect thing on here? People post if they've recieved offers or not for each subject
Reply 19
I got an invited to an interview today for English - I sent my application off on the 27th November :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending