The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The Coquelin injury proves one thing. WENGER OUT!
Reply 441
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Chances of winning the league are now over unfortunately, unless as sr mentioned we have another player in reserve who can have the same effect Coquelin had last season. Bielik? Probably not. We'll have to try and stay in it till January and then Wenger will have 0 excuses for not buying.

See here's the depressing part. We should have bought a CDM in summer, obviously.. who on earth will be available in Jan?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hold on a second. I thought Flamini was the answer to your DM issues after the NLD in the Cup? Or is it just a little bit possible that Arsenal fans might have been a bit gassed and said something silly? Nah, that doesnt sound like them.

Wenger only brought in Kallstrom in Jan 2014 when you had basically half your first team out injured. Would love to see him come back for the unreal bants.
Reply 443
We buy Carvalho and our CM depth is insane

Posted from TSR Mobile
Buying Carvalho would require Wenger spending money. Which he's allergic to.
Wilshere could have been as good as Isco, a shame really, very similar players.
Original post by The Shed End
Hold on a second. I thought Flamini was the answer to your DM issues after the NLD in the Cup? Or is it just a little bit possible that Arsenal fans might have been a bit gassed and said something silly? Nah, that doesnt sound like them.

Wenger only brought in Kallstrom in Jan 2014 when you had basically half your first team out injured. Would love to see him come back for the unreal bants.

Mate if any player, no matter how sh*t, scores the winner in a derby game people are going to get gassed over him. I don't think any non-delusional Arsenal fan thinks Flamini is the answer. And tbh I would take Kallstrom again. I think he did a solid job for us whenever he played, decent short term solution.
I'm hoping that there's a similar kind of deal as with Monreal in 2013 (it was meant to happen in the summer of 2013 but got pushed forward to January). Arteta and Flamini aren't going to be Arsenal players in the summer, so there has to be a back up plan for then, which needs to be accelerated to January.
Also we cannot have Wilshere and Cazorla playing in the pivot together. Never.
Scenes when plastic Chelsea fans are more loyal to their manager than our fans.

Original post by The Shed End

The delusion on here after Flamini scored those two goals was reaching critical mass. Flamini has been awful for well over a season now, he was easily one of our worst players last season, and its just tragic that we've reached a stage in our injury crisis where Mathieu Flamini is a viable substitution for a crocked Mikel Arteta (himself a substitute).

Original post by angelfox
Also we cannot have Wilshere and Cazorla playing in the pivot together. Never.

That would require Wilshere being fit, so nope, never happening.
You lot are in your favourite position in the table again :wink:
Original post by SA-1
Leicester, as it stands, are at the top of the league..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Times we're in when Man utd are at better than evens to beat Leicester next weekend...and honestly..I wouldn't even want to put money on them being able to. Both teams to score is all I'd go with.

Can you imagine if we start December with Leicester top of the league (or joint with City)?

End of last season "Nah Leicester will pick themselves up next season, gonna be top of the league come December, also Chelsea just got themselves clear of the relegation zone, 14 points from 13 games.".....sure mate sure.
To be fair whilst everyone was sucking Flam's dick, he was in no way responsible for the defeat yesterday
Wenger basically just said Flamini and Chambers can do a job at DM now.

Our first team when fit is good, but our cover is nowhere near high quality enough. We have a lot of bodies but not many that can come in and be as effective as the first teamers.
Original post by Dirtybit
You lot are in your favourite position in the table again :wink:

Form is temporary 4th is permanent

Posted from TSR Mobile
Coquelin out for at least two months. Big blow.

As usual, the worn pundit conversations of how Wenger should buy a holding midfielder will resurface and bore us all to death.
what will most likely happen in January: any agent of a DM contacted by Arsenal will respond with "We won't sell to you. You will injure him."
January transfer window isn't the time for Wenger to be doing business, though. Generally (and this is NOT a rule of thumb) the players available have fallen out with their clubs or are unwanted. You'll struggle enticing a top-class holding midfielder in January, because their clubs will be dying to keep hold of them.
Who will play DM for the next 2 months?

Tough since I think the most fixtures are played in that period and no international breaks?

Latest