The Student Room Group

College are taking forever!

Is anyone else's college taking ages to process their application?
I sent mine off on the 13th of this month, received it back on the next college day. It's now been another week and it still hasn't been sent off.
Some of my friends in other faculties at college had theirs sent off within a day.
Not happy to say the least
Hi

Have you spoken to your tutor about what might be causing a delay?
They have told us that it may take up to 3 weeks.
I just think that it is slightly unfair that some people only have to wait a day while others have to wait for over a week.
Yeah, I sent mine to college on 12th November. Hopefully it should get sent sometime this week, according to my careers advisor
Original post by Leviathan1741
Yeah, I sent mine to college on 12th November. Hopefully it should get sent sometime this week, according to my careers advisor

It's a bit of a pain when it's something so important... what are you applying for/where?
Original post by yasmincolexx
It's a bit of a pain when it's something so important... what are you applying for/where?

I agree! I'm applying for BSc Geoscience at Keele and BSc Geology with Physical Geography at Hull.

What are you applying for? :smile:
Original post by Leviathan1741
I agree! I'm applying for BSc Geoscience at Keele and BSc Geology with Physical Geography at Hull.

What are you applying for? :smile:

Kind of similar then! I've applied for geology at Derby (also with environmental hazards), South Wales, Hull and Plymouth
Original post by yasmincolexx
Kind of similar then! I've applied for geology at Derby (also with environmental hazards), South Wales, Hull and Plymouth

Awesome :biggrin:
Youre not by yourself

Posted from TSR Mobile
To be fair it's not just down to the college. It's up to you to chase down references and urge your college to send it off.

I made my tutors aware of having to do my reference 2 weeks BEFORE I sent my application to them to attach it so when I did it got sent off the next day. It's all about organisation. Also be aware of how many applications they have got to deal with - you only had to deal with your own!
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest