The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by judogainz
got my offer for ppe! buzzing

Seriously? Congrats :biggrin: Which college?
Original post by madsparrow
Whereabouts are you coming from? Hope to meet you there then! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm coming from Gloucestershire! I'm right on the border with South Wales... How about you?
Original post by Drinky97
I'm coming from Gloucestershire! I'm right on the border with South Wales... How about you?
South Glos representing
Reply 6203
I have applied to study PPE, however have not heard anything back yet. Does anyone know when they usually start sending out interview invitations?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6204
Anyone applied for German or French?
Original post by googolplexity
Which language/area?:-)

Japanese! Was it you who applied for Japanese too?
Hi! I applied for MSc in Neuroscience. I'm waiting for them. Anyone who applied for it?
Has anyone heard anything from St. Hugh's? Particularly in Maths or Computer Science.
Original post by bulbawill
I've heard nothing for PPE yet! Which college are you applying to?

University college , they take so lonnnggg!!
Original post by Drinky97
9th-11th! We will be there at the same time! I'm arriving on the 8th because I can't get there on the 9th...

Hi! I'm in the same situation, I won't be able to get to Oxford for 10 am on the 9th, do colleges provide accommodation do you know or will you be staying in a hotel?
Oriental Studies at St John's interview😊
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Aquaxo
I was just thinking - do you reckon anyone has ever put Oxford as their insurance? Can you imagine?!

I know that some people reject their offer - I imagine some people would put it as their insurance, although since the grades needed for Oxford tend to be pretty high, I don't imagine that there are many other possible 'firm' choices with higher entry requirements...
Original post by CJaneH
Hi! I'm in the same situation, I won't be able to get to Oxford for 10 am on the 9th, do colleges provide accommodation do you know or will you be staying in a hotel?

They will put you up. Just say on the reply form that you are arriving early. Email them if you arnt sure where to put it! I did they were very helpful 😂
Original post by CJaneH

You could contact your college and see what they say - they might be able to let you stay earlier, but since there are so many people staying it would be best to check, as they might not have room :wink:
Original post by M Kb
Don't think this is true - you have to declare your AS results when applying. They are not part of their equations for first round sifting, but they can see them, and choose to look at them, i.e. interpret them and include them in decision making.
you don't have to declare your AS results! I didn't as my school recommended to us that we don't certificate our AS results since the system is changing. Of course if they ask I will tell them the truth (not that they were bad anyway) but it's definitely not the case for every applicant to have certificated AS results!
Just got a rejection letter from St Anne's for Law...I'm really confused by that since I was invited to interview for Law at St Hilda's last year (didn't get an offer bc I totally screwed up the interview), and I thought my application this year was a lot stronger. I'm really wondering now if they rejected me bc I wouldn't able to attend interviews in person this year.
Original post by Trx97
Anyone applied for German or French?

I'm applying for French! Have you heard anything back yet? :smile:

Also has anyone heard from New College?
ive got my offer already
Original post by mjswan
I have applied to study PPE, however have not heard anything back yet. Does anyone know when they usually start sending out interview invitations?
which college?
Any heard from St Anne's for compsci/maths joint honours? Good luck to everyone and well done on those getting interviews! x

Latest

Trending

Trending