The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by humortime
I just got an email from my college titled "Interview Invitation", but the body of the message said that they were sending a "friendly remind" asking for me to inform them wether I plan on going there for my interview or conduct them over Skype. I haven't received an email or letter with a formal invitation for interview yet, so this is very strange. I emailed back and asked about it, but haven't heard anything yet, and most likely won't until tomorrow given the time. Currently freaking out.

If you're an international, did you inform them about whether you wanted to come in person or skype when you applied? I thought they required that info from international applicants a while ago
Original post by La_magicienne
I'm applying for French! Have you heard anything back yet? :smile:

Also has anyone heard from New College?

I've applied to Worcester for German and French, haven't heard anything yet😔 How did you find the MLAT?
Original post by DanieleZ
If you're an international, did you inform them about whether you wanted to come in person or skype when you applied? I thought they required that info from international applicants a while ago

I never received anything asking about it before now. Last year I was asked of my plans in the email that invited me to interview, so I don't think anything is different.
GUYS I just got an email asking if I would like to change my application to just French instead of History and French. I'm assuming this means that the French part of my application was stronger than the History part and they would like to interview me for just French. What should I do??
Original post by judogainz
ive got my offer already

Offer? Or interview? Which college?
Original post by lizzy2016
GUYS I just got an email asking if I would like to change my application to just French instead of History and French. I'm assuming this means that the French part of my application was stronger than the History part and they would like to interview me for just French. What should I do??

I would follow their suggestion

Depends on how badly you want to study history vs how much you want to go to Oxford
Reply 6227
Any word from Hertford?

As far as I'm aware, all history joint school applicants get asked this at some stage. I assumed it would be a box to tick or something if you fill out some form for interview. So it could just be standard. Don't just take my word for it though!

Sounds like history stuff shouldn't be long then.
Original post by Mathematicus65
Anyone here an Earth Science/Geology applicant?

Yeah, have you heard anything yet?
Original post by Scjclo2861
I've applied to Worcester for German and French, haven't heard anything yet😔 How did you find the MLAT?

Me neither :s-smilie: I was so close to applying for French and German but changed my mind to do single honours French! (I do both at Alevel)

I didn't think it was impossible, but elements were certainly challenging, some of the translations were a bit mean! What about you? :smile:

I'm unsure but personally this reads to me like you have a chance for French and if you stick with History and French you will probably be rejected. If you do want Oxford and don't mind dropping History, I would say yes, but it's up to you. :smile:
Reply 6232
Has anyone been rejected yet? It seems like only acceptances have been sent out.
Original post by dsjsjmm
Anyone doing Human Sciences? Still waiting to hear back. Not sure if the TSA has been marked yet.

Yeah it appears some of our TSAs must have been marked, but almost all subjects are still waiting! I stalked last years thread and St Johns sent out human sciences invites on the 25th - it may be different this year though due to introducing the TSA though. Can't stop stressing over it ahhhh
Original post by Kingston97
Guys, Anyone received reply for Jurisprudence ? hate waiting for replies :O p.s. Wadham college

Wadham have put on their website, those courses they have sent out interview letters for. Yours was not one of them when I last looked!
Original post by jxw98
Has anyone been rejected yet? It seems like only acceptances have been sent out.

Every Law applicant in my school bar one has been rejected. Someone posted on here about an Oriental Studies rejection. The lack of posts is understandable tbh haha but yes people have been rejected.
Original post by jxw98

Some law rejections apparently.
Original post by La_magicienne
Me neither :s-smilie: I was so close to applying for French and German but changed my mind to do single honours French! (I do both at Alevel)

I didn't think it was impossible, but elements were certainly challenging, some of the translations were a bit mean! What about you? :smile:

Upon reflection, I think I could've done better, but I was quite nervous. I agree about the translations, grammar wasn't too bad, but wish I had time to check over it. What are your grades like?
Original post by Ruszty
Yeah, have you heard anything yet?

I applied to St Edmund Hall to do Earth Sciences and received an interview offer today.
Reply 6239
Original post by antigone-
Every Law applicant in my school bar one has been rejected. Someone posted on here about an Oriental Studies rejection. The lack of posts is understandable tbh haha but yes people have been rejected.

Hey! Do you know if they send out rejections before or after acceptances? or is it at the same time? Thanks!

Latest

Trending

Trending