The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tom.x.Gotze
Our first team when fit is good, but our cover is nowhere near high quality enough. We have a lot of bodies but not many that can come in and be as effective as the first teamers.

Out of the players, Wilshere, Walcott are the only really effective bench players. Chamberlain is semi effective, Gibbs and Gabriel are effective enough. Not enough though.

23 goals from 13 games suggests to me that you may need to look for firepower. 11 goals conceded ain't too bad, that's on track for conceding 32 goals, which was how much Chelsea conceded. However 67 goals is what you are on track for scoring. That requires an immense level of efficiency or just under performance from every other title challenger.
Wenger says UEFA "accepts doping". Christ. This could get ugly.
I once recall Pele deeming Arsenal as 'The brown bread of the premier league'. Personally I couldn't agree more! Arsenal are a side in which camaraderie is a miss, and similar to the ol' Ukraine-Russia dispute, solidarity never looks close. The players are far too self indulged in their physical appearance, evidently presented through the fact that Ozil is planning on undergoing an operation in order to reduce the gap between his two eyes. Albeit yes, this may result in him being far more appealing to females, however he will be out for at least 4 months. Wenger needs to pull up his socks and as they say 'I think therefore I am'. This quotation clearly indicates his macabre performance over the last couple years. Please comment below, I would love to hear your responses :-) blue_marmalade
^ You mean Coquelin?
Original post by Mackay
Wenger says UEFA "accepts doping". Christ. This could get ugly.

Given they gave the guy they caught a 4 year ban iirc then he's clearly wrong.
Original post by leinad2012
Mate chill, we have that polish builder teenager

who?

Original post by midnightice
Scenes when Arteta takes over from Wenger when he retires.

:rofl:

Original post by AliRizzo
People actually think Wenger will dip into the market in Jan, lol.

Same **** different season.

Exactly.

Arteta, Per and Cazorla, Lmfao. Three worst players at the club.

Okay bit of an exaggeration with Cazorla there.
Giroud is not good enough we are going to struggle without Theo.

Arsenal's win percentage this season with Theo Walcott starting (all comps) is 78%. With Olivier Giroud starting, the win % is 36%.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy

Okay bit of an exaggeration with Cazorla there.

Slight.

Was a bit angry when I typed that, what I meant to say was after Per and Arteta (although I take into account the latter isn't even a starter) Cazorla is the weak link in our first XI. Honestly wouldn't be fussed if he leaves in the summer as he needs a pure DM to play alongside him, which is the problem we have now due to Coq's injury.
Original post by blue_marmalade
I once recall Pele deeming Arsenal as 'The brown bread of the premier league'. Personally I couldn't agree more! Arsenal are a side in which camaraderie is a miss, and similar to the ol' Ukraine-Russia dispute, solidarity never looks close. The players are far too self indulged in their physical appearance, evidently presented through the fact that Ozil is planning on undergoing an operation in order to reduce the gap between his two eyes. Albeit yes, this may result in him being far more appealing to females, however he will be out for at least 4 months. Wenger needs to pull up his socks and as they say 'I think therefore I am'. This quotation clearly indicates his macabre performance over the last couple years. Please comment below, I would love to hear your responses :-) blue_marmalade

Absolute nonsense.
Wenger paid £16m for Arshavin when we were skint and £16m for Reyes in 2004. Last Jan he broke Arsenal's record for a CB and in 2013 Monreal became our most expensive wing back.

AW will spend imho
Original post by Zürich
Wenger paid £16m for Arshavin when we were skint and £16m for Reyes in 2004. Last Jan he broke Arsenal's record for a CB and in 2013 Monreal became our most expensive wing back.

AW will spend imho

Will be willing to spend possibly big on another DM when he clearly sees Coq as first choice given he didn't bring anyone else in during the Summer? At best you're looking for a potential long term replacement for Flam and Arteta.
Original post by The Shed End
Will be willing to spend possibly big on another DM when he clearly sees Coq as first choice given he didn't bring anyone else in during the Summer? At best you're looking for a potential long term replacement for Flam and Arteta.

im thinking more about a winger

Atm Campbell and Gibbs play FFS
(edited 8 years ago)
hate cazorla with a passion. look at my posts in the last three threads before anyone calls me reactionary.
Original post by Zürich

Reyes wasn't anywhere near £16m, more like £10m. His deal had a load of extras and clauses which were never activated because Scholes and Phil Neville scared him away from England.
Original post by sr90
Reyes wasn't anywhere near £16m, more like £10m. His deal had a load of extras and clauses which were never activated because Scholes and Phil Neville scared him away from England.

well he was willing to commit up to £16m in Jan 2005 which would be like £50m nowadays

Wenger is definitely averse to signings but he has no particular aversion to Jan spending. And as always, Arsenal are sitting on a giant fund
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
well he was willing to commit up to £16m in Jan 2005 which would be like £50m nowadays

Wenger is definitely averse to signings but he has no particular aversion to Jan spending

Did many of those signings work out though? Arshavin had about 4 good games then became fat and lazy, Gabriel still isn't first choice and we all know about Reyes. Monreal's done well admittedly but even that took a good couple of years. Walcott wasn't a bad acquisition but again, he didn't even play for a year after you bought him.

Problem with January is that you're usually paying a premium for an average player at an average club. Works fine for us because in the short term we only need a back up full back, back up striker, back up winger etc.
(edited 8 years ago)
[video="youtube;fRh_vgS2dFE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRh_vgS2dFE[/video]

Fabregas to Wenger
Original post by angelfox
[video="youtube;fRh_vgS2dFE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRh_vgS2dFE[/video]

Fabregas to Wenger

song suits a Harlequins-Saracens rivalry much better
I'm a Sarrie yeah
Sarrie yeah
Sarrie
Yeah I know that I let you down
Is it too late to say I'm a Sarrie now?
Original post by sr90
Did many of those signings work out though? Arshavin had about 4 good games then became fat and lazy, Gabriel still isn't first choice and we all know about Reyes. Monreal's done well admittedly but even that took a good couple of years. Walcott wasn't a bad acquisition but again, he didn't even play for a year after you bought him.

Problem with January is that you're usually paying a premium for an average player at an average club. Works fine for us because in the short term we only need a back up full back, back up striker, back up winger etc.

Lol more like one.
Monreal can play DM. **** it.

Latest