The Student Room Group

Greenhead College Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ScienceFantatic
Do you need a personal statement for that?

Yup! I need to get mine checked :h: I don't think you get to choose an interview date though.
Original post by _ariane29
Yup! I need to get mine checked :h: I don't think you get to choose an interview date though.

Ugh, so much effort- why not just applying using a paper application? :tongue:. Or do you have to apply via UCAS Progress?
Ugh, so much effort- why not just applying using a paper application? :tongue:. Or do you have to apply via UCAS Progress?

Really dudee? It's so much easier to apply via ucas you only have to click a few buttons right? If you apply through paper you have to send it and everything :tongue: That's more effort imo
Anyone posted their application? Also what are your predicted grades like? Non-partner schools???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really dudee? It's so much easier to apply via ucas you only have to click a few buttons right? If you apply through paper you have to send it and everything :tongue: That's more effort imo

Ah I'm in greenhead almost everyday so there's no real hassle :tongue:. What did you think of the open evening by the way? And maybe but it would probably take me ages to come up with a personal statement

Original post by Mr...
Paper applications are NOT fun. The sixth form I applied to used one and it's much more tedious than online ones:yep:

Really? For my sixth form I just hard to say my subjects and address, phone number, name etc . For greenhead though there were only about 2 sides of a4 :tongue:
Ah I'm in greenhead almost everyday so there's no real hassle :tongue:. What did you think of the open evening by the way? And maybe but it would probably take me ages to come up with a personal statement

You're lucky we're forced to come up with a personal statement :frown: For our school 'mock interviews.' And the open evening was really great I thought it was a nice atmosphere the teachers made you feel really inspired to learn :biggrin: I hope I get a place ^-^
You're lucky we're forced to come up with a personal statement :frown: For our school 'mock interviews.' And the open evening was really great I thought it was a nice atmosphere the teachers made you feel really inspired to learn :biggrin: I hope I get a place ^-^

That sounds awful, good luck.As if you have mock interviews, do you go to a feeder school? Yep I loved the environment too and the people who I don't know all seemed cool too :tongue:. I'm sure you will- do you want a late or early interview?
That sounds awful, good luck.As if you have mock interviews, do you go to a feeder school? Yep I loved the environment too and the people who I don't know all seemed cool too :tongue:. I'm sure you will- do you want a late or early interview?

Yes I really do have mock interviews! But what's worse is that we are interviewed by an 'outside employer' even though most of us are only applying to sixth form :u: I don't go to a feeder school, and I agree I'm so excited to meet everyone :biggrin: As for interviews I have no preference I don't think it will make a difference.
Has anyone applied yet? :smile:

One of my friends has sent all her applications to colleges and sixth forms!! Including greenehead God im so behind
Original post by xGCSE_Studentx
One of my friends has sent all her applications to colleges and sixth forms!! Including greenehead God im so behind

Hehe don't worry I haven't done anything yet either :tongue:
Hehe don't worry I haven't done anything yet either :tongue:

Area our applying through ucas progress? No I mean I'm really behind haven't even completed my first draft of personal statement yet
Area our applying through ucas progress? No I mean I'm really behind haven't even completed my first draft of personal statement yet

Yes :smile: Well you still have a lot of time applications aren't acknowledged until January. Personal statement doesn't take that long though! :tongue: I completed mine in one lesson.
Yes :smile: Well you still have a lot of time applications aren't acknowledged until January. Personal statement doesn't take that long though! :tongue: I completed mine in one lesson.

So many have completed it but I don't know I guess I want it to stand it out but just don't know plus I don't even do any extra curricular activities so I don't know what to put in it :colonhash:
So many have completed it but I don't know I guess I want it to stand it out but just don't know plus I don't even do any extra curricular activities so I don't know what to put in it :colonhash:

Heyy I doubt they care that much it's only sixth form after all it's not like we're applying to uni. Have you ever had any responsibilities in school like prefect, librarian, student council, member of charity appeal? You could write about that I wrote about being a student librarian and doing race for life. Have you done anything like that? If not you could always talk about the opportunities you want to take in the future :biggrin:
Heyy I doubt they care that much it's only sixth form after all it's not like we're applying to uni. Have you ever had any responsibilities in school like prefect, librarian, student council, member of charity appeal? You could write about that I wrote about being a student librarian and doing race for life. Have you done anything like that? If not you could always talk about the opportunities you want to take in the future :biggrin:

Yeah I have but I just haven't really regarded them as important because they are so minute if you know what I mean - ugh so stressful
Yeah I have but I just haven't really regarded them as important because they are so minute if you know what I mean - ugh so stressful

It doesn't matter just right it :smile: A couple of my friends have wrote about stuff they did as far back as in primary school and things they were only distantly related to. I don't think you're expected to have loads of fancy extracurricular stuff it's probably more important to get your passion for your chosen subjects across in the interview :biggrin:
It doesn't matter just right it :smile: A couple of my friends have wrote about stuff they did as far back as in primary school and things they were only distantly related to. I don't think you're expected to have loads of fancy extracurricular stuff it's probably more important to get your passion for your chosen subjects across in the interview :biggrin:

That's true - I'm currently in the process of writing up my first draft so hopefully I'll get it done by the end of this week at least that's what I'm hoping for, got mocks to revise for too so I'll see how I get on - how's life anyway? You had your mocks yet?
That's true - I'm currently in the process of writing up my first draft so hopefully I'll get it done by the end of this week at least that's what I'm hoping for, got mocks to revise for too so I'll see how I get on - how's life anyway? You had your mocks yet?

Yep I have had all of my mocks except for one paper left (Geography) next week. And hmm my life is uneventful really how's yours? :smile:
Yep I have had all of my mocks except for one paper left (Geography) next week. And hmm my life is uneventful really how's yours? :smile:

Ah lucky you I've got mine in two weeks to dread - 😁😁😁
Do you do triple science? If so did you do all 9 exam papers?
Ah lucky you I've got mine in two weeks to dread - 😁😁😁
Do you do triple science? If so did you do all 9 exam papers?

I do double science surprisingly. I chose my options way back in year 8 and I didn't enjoy science then so didn't pick triple. I don't regret it at all though because I only have 3 science exams this year! :biggrin: To answer your question, we didn't have exams in science because we have not covered enough content yet. I think we may have some mocks in January :biggrin:

You'll be fine for your mocks don't worry :smile:

Quick Reply