The Student Room Group

Is the travel to Loreto worth it?

Hi,

I am currently in Year 11 and in the process of deciding on which college I wish to attend next year. I am very much interested in Loreto Sixth Form College due to its outstanding reputation and facilities; I know that I would be surrounded by people who love to learn as much as I do. However, I would have to take two buses to get there, which would, quite obviously, take a long time.

Is the travel worth it? Or should I just settle for a college that is closer (but has a lower standard)?
Reply 1
Hey I'm thinking about applying to Loreto too but your problem is the same as mine as I would have to take two buses with it taking around an hour to get there. Do you know what time classes would start there?
Hey Im applying this week and facing the EXACT dilemma here. they start at 9am but you can sometimes have free periods untill 11:40 (tutorial) when you have to be in
Original post by kate.ht
Hey I'm thinking about applying to Loreto too but your problem is the same as mine as I would have to take two buses with it taking around an hour to get there. Do you know what time classes would start there?

Hey, so sorry for the late reply; it was mock exam week at our school :frown:

I heard that they start at 9am usually, but I am not sure.
Original post by samanthapuer
Hey Im applying this week and facing the EXACT dilemma here. they start at 9am but you can sometimes have free periods untill 11:40 (tutorial) when you have to be in

Thank you!
Xaverian >>>
Original post by alldayniqqa
Xaverian >>>

Do you study at Xaverian?
Original post by KirstyBishop
Do you study at Xaverian?

Yes haha. Why?
Reply 8
Original post by kate.ht

it takes me like an hour to get to sixth form, and I don't find it that big of a deal - it's just annoying that you can't go home whenever, and in winter I leave home in the dark and get home in even more darkness

just use the journey to sleep or do last minute homework and you'll probably be fine :tongue:
Yes haha. Why?

Sorry hahaha, that sounded a little strange. It's just that I have heard that they have a bus specifically for Xaverian. Is this true?
Original post by KirstyBishop
Sorry hahaha, that sounded a little strange. It's just that I have heard that they have a bus specifically for Xaverian. Is this true?

They don't have a specific bus no lol. But there are a lot of buses that go straight outside if you know what I mean since its right outside the city centre. Personally I get the 42.
It might be tough in the winter time, but if you are motivated then it is doable. Lots of people near me did that; disregarded the local mediocre 6th form in favour of the excellent one 20 miles away.
They don't have a specific bus no lol. But there are a lot of buses that go straight outside if you know what I mean since its right outside the city centre. Personally I get the 42.

Thank you!
Original post by suirrel
It might be tough in the winter time, but if you are motivated then it is doable. Lots of people near me did that; disregarded the local mediocre 6th form in favour of the excellent one 20 miles away.

Thank you!!

Quick Reply