The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5140
Original post by jneill
You can see the spread of A*s at GCSE here (2012 data). Very few offers with less than 5 A*, most seem to be 8+ A*.

Screen Shot 2015-06-05 at 19.38.53.jpg

Original post by Elcor
Just want to add that the blue points represent a rejection, although they try to put it more nicely in the graph.

Thank you! This is perfect, by the way...what chance do you think i would have with 9/10 A*'s and 3/2 A's?
Original post by arjro
Thank you! This is perfect, by the way...what chance do you think i would have with 9/10 A*'s and 3/2 A's?

Definitely worth applying with that. No one can tell you what your chance is - so many factors come into it: work experience, school reference, personal statement, interview performance, admission test performance, A Level UMS, etc. If you get anywhere near 10A*s, apply!
Reply 5142
Original post by arjro

I got 2A*s at GCSE and got an offer, not for Medicine though so I'm not sure if it's different for different subjects
I'm in a bit of a muddle about how important UMS actually is... I've applied for NatSci, and my SUMS is around 85%, which I've heard isn't high enough to guarantee an interview. My GCSEs are strong (11A*s), so I was wondering if this would balance out my not-so-good UMS average? Thanks!
Original post by Julia3
I'm in a bit of a muddle about how important UMS actually is... I've applied for NatSci, and my SUMS is around 85%, which I've heard isn't high enough to guarantee an interview. My GCSEs are strong (11A*s), so I was wondering if this would balance out my not-so-good UMS average? Thanks!

GCSEs won't balance out your ASs I'm afraid. SUMS is just one measure, but yes you will be at the lower end. They do view your overall application so you *might* get an Interview and then who knows.

Good luck.

NB this is an old thread for Offer holders.
You would be better to join the 2016 Applicants thread:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3554013
(edited 8 years ago)
When does the admission decisions come out?
Original post by ForeignStudent32

This is the 2015 applicants thread. Not 2016.

(2016 decisions will be posted on 11th Jan 2016.)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5147
In the New Year- but it doesn't look like they've confirmed the date yet. See here.
Reply 5148
Original post by jneill

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah - beat me to it, and has found what I didn't :tongue:
Original post by jneill

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ha the UK universities are such trolls. For example, Oxford release decision on 6th however, they have it made long before that since the mail arrive on 6th - the decisions have been finalized probs weeks advance. I guess Cambridge would be the same.
Just so that you can't have a good Christmas. :P Well, depends on my US decisions on Mid December, I might stillhave a good christmas.
Original post by Minerva

The date was on some of the colleges pages, specifically Trinity and King's.

:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Minerva

And can you close this thread? It's done its job :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ha the UK universities are such trolls. For example, Oxford release decision on 6th however, they have it made long before that since the mail arrive on 6th - the decisions have been finalized probs weeks advance. I guess Cambridge would be the same.

Yes, in the main they have internally made the decisions pre-Christmas... it's the Winter Pool in early Jan that means they now have a later date for all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5154
Original post by jneill
And can you close this thread? It's done its job :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Agreed - will close it now :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending