The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

2016 Durham University hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by itsConnor_
Congrats!!!! Sent my app off on 15th of Oct, would be over the moon if I managed to get an offer with my horrific subject choice (maths/chem/geog/eng lit) and poor GCSEs! I thought Durham only gave them out in January..will have to start checking more regularly now :tongue:

I did Maths chem economics English Lit for AS and had just 2A*s at gcse and I'm currently here at Durham in my first year doing chem (check my profile for more stats) so don't be disheartened because of subject choice, as long as you have decent predictions (I had 3A*s but at least 1 preferably 2 should be good).

If you do get an offer though make sure you spend your summer doing further maths and physics otherwise you'll be struggling like me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by victoria98
Nice!
AAAA (Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Physics)
Predicted A*A*A*A (with the A in physics). I applied earlier than you did (Friday 9th October) I hope the lack of response doesn't mean a rejection... What kind of extra-curricular activates did you mention on your ps?

See the thing is I was surprised I got an offer this early, a mate of mine in my year got A* (full maths a level) AAA super high ums and is applying for Chem and submitted her app in before me yet she hasn't got an offer either? And just that I have a house captain role + run chemistry club

Original post by itsConnor_
Congrats!!!! Sent my app off on 15th of Oct, would be over the moon if I managed to get an offer with my horrific subject choice (maths/chem/geog/eng lit) and poor GCSEs! I thought Durham only gave them out in January..will have to start checking more regularly now :tongue:

You'll defo get one!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ha2420
Have you heard back from either?

Yes - I have an interview at Cambridge and a conditional offer (AAA) from Durham :smile:
Original post by jst1995
Durhams my first choice :smile: good luck with Cambridge though, hope you get it!

Thank you! Tbh Durham looks amazing so either Cambridge or Durham would be fantastic :3
Original post by Dylann
I did Maths chem economics English Lit for AS and had just 2A*s at gcse and I'm currently here at Durham in my first year doing chem (check my profile for more stats) so don't be disheartened because of subject choice, as long as you have decent predictions (I had 3A*s but at least 1 preferably 2 should be good).

If you do get an offer though make sure you spend your summer doing further maths and physics otherwise you'll be struggling like me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the reassurance, I suppose I'll have to wait and see! Feeling a bit disheartened after being rejected from Imperial w/o interview, but we'll see.

Original post by longsightdon
See the thing is I was surprised I got an offer this early, a mate of mine in my year got A* (full maths a level) AAA super high ums and is applying for Chem and submitted her app in before me yet she hasn't got an offer either? And just that I have a house captain role + run chemistry club

You'll defo get one!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fingers crossed :s-smilie:
Reply 865
Original post by Meloddymaybe
Yes - I have an interview at Cambridge and a conditional offer (AAA) from Durham :smile:

When did you get your Durham offer through?! I applied by the Cambridge deadline and still nothing! if I have an interview at Cambridge then I should be strong enough to get an offer for Durham I hope🙉
Original post by Ha2420
When did you get your Durham offer through?! I applied by the Cambridge deadline and still nothing! if I have an interview at Cambridge then I should be strong enough to get an offer for Durham I hope🙉

Hmm about two weeks ago? I should think so - Durham are apparently really slow in general, especially with people they think might be Oxbridgey, so I wouldn't worry just yet :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by euandawtrey
anyone received an offer for English?

Hi, yeah I received an offer for English Literature last week of A*AA :smile:
Original post by jonwithnoname
Unconditional one received just over a week ago :smile:

Wow, an unconditional offer is very impressive, congratulations! Have you already got your A Levels grades or are your A Level predication insane? haha
Original post by starrynight7
Hi, yeah I received an offer for English Literature last week of A*AA :smile:

Ah right, nice one, cheers
Any UK student with an offer from Combined Honours in Social Sciences? If so when did you apply + predictions?

Original post by starrynight7
Wow, an unconditional offer is very impressive, congratulations! Have you already got your A Levels grades or are your A Level predication insane? haha

Already got my grades - don't think Durham are in the habit of handing out unconditionals based on predicted grades :smile: (i didn't even apply to Durham last time I applied to universities because I didn't think I'd get the grades, ah well)
Reply 872
Original post by gabrielladelaney
Just got an offer for Law :-) A*AA

Wow that's great! Congratulations! Would you mind telling us your predicted grades? :smile:
Reply 873
Anyone heard back from Liberal Arts (Combined Honours in Arts) and/or languages? (American applicant)
Original post by cerlohee
I applied on October 6th and didn't hear back until the second week of the Christmas holidays.

WHAT
Are u already having your Christmas holiday?? Mine starts from Dec 11th.
Original post by Padc
Same here :smile: applied on the 30th of September and no word since I sent off my UMS

Posted from TSR Mobile

Finger crossed.
English offers anyone??
Original post by Eimermcauley777
English offers anyone??

Hey, yep, I got an offer for English last week :smile:
**** man this waiting game will eventually kill me :frown:
Original post by Calvados
WHAT
Are u already having your Christmas holiday?? Mine starts from Dec 11th.

Mine starts on the 21st i think!

Quick Reply

Latest