The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

alcohol and novelty (but still also useful) stationary items are always good bets with my friends :smile:
My friends are doing a secret Santa this year ( THANK GOD) ... Well Not really... I got stuck with the friend who's still obsessed with one direction.... -.-
Original post by rhiannonm25
My friends are doing a secret Santa this year ( THANK GOD) ... Well Not really... I got stuck with the friend who's still obsessed with one direction.... -.-

Secret santa is great! I have mostly sorted secret santa for this year :excited: Oh dear... get a one direction poster and burn it for her? :mmm:
Reply 23
Original post by rhiannonm25

Buy her a compass.
I just buy people alcohol and/or chocolates. Can't go wrong.
Original post by Tom78
Buy her a compass.

10/10
Stocking filler ideas for mid to late 20s males would be much appreciated. Light enough to be transported on a plane and train.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Stocking filler ideas for mid to late 20s males would be much appreciated. Light enough to be transported on a plane and train.

It's only since moving that I've seriously appreciated toiletries :tongue: (but that said, I'm a broke student :tongue: )
I'm trying to be more creative from where I buy presents. Using ebay and such more. So far I've got my sister a make up brush set of 32 brushes. I was in disneyland at the weekend and I got my mum a christmas decoration :smile:
Original post by Slowbro93
It's only since moving that I've seriously appreciated toiletries :tongue: (but that said, I'm a broke student :tongue: )

I will bear that in mind. They are both earning, but a large cheque never goes amiss. It's the little things to unwrap on the day that I like doing best.
An adult Christmas colouring book is hopefully going to go down well this year :u:
Original post by BurstingBubbles
An adult Christmas colouring book is hopefully going to go down well this year :u:

That always sounds vaguely wrong :lol:
Wooly socks usually do the job for the grandparents :biggrin:
Original post by MathsAstronomy12
Wooly socks usually do the job for the grandparents :biggrin:

I wouldn't mind a few pairs of these.

I was asked if I wanted [url=
https://www.facebook.com/planetrockradio/photos/a.253723892080.134550.19992562080/10153277336817081/?type=3&theater]this :lol:
Original post by shadowdweller
That always sounds vaguely wrong :lol:

I know, there is no better way of phrasing it :emo:
Alcohol is always a good shout for anyone over 25. Something like a bottle of brandy shouldn't break the bank. Specially if you go somewhere like lidl. Anything smelly i.e aftershaves, like the little gift sets or, like something from mouton brown? There's always the option of tacky Christmas jumpers. Then if you want a cheap and fun novelty, get some toe socks, they're nice and warm for winter, plus pretty cheap on eBay I've found.

Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by BanditoButter
Alcohol is always a good shout for anyone over 25. Something like a bottle of brandy shouldn't break the bank. Specially if you go somewhere like lidl. Anything smelly i.e aftershaves, like the little gift sets or, like something from mouton brown? There's always the option of tacky Christmas jumpers. Then if you want a cheap and fun novelty, get some toe socks, they're nice and warm for winter, plus pretty cheap on eBay I've found.

why over 25? Most students I know would love to be given alcohol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
why over 25? Most students I know would love to be given alcohol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just go for the idea as it's sort of sophisticated, plus my dad never complains about it xD just more of a safe bet I suppose, I guess it's more ofa mantle piece item to be drunk at a special occasion, not just for a night out etc.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by BanditoButter

Some of us don't drink.
Was there really any need for that?
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest