The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Midlander
Two in form teams with us scoring for fun and Bradford keeping it tight at the back so something will have to give. I expect both teams to score but wouldn't want to predict more than that. Shame that the game comes too soon for James Maddison who has resumed training.

True, how many do you think you'll bring ? Around 800 or so ? I dont think it'll be more than 1500 as there is no news on the club website that we will be opening another stand for away fans. Are you known for pyro's :biggrin: ?
What do we all think of Bradford's James Hanson ? Personally I dont think he's much of a threat and he's just an average but a very overrated player.
Original post by redleader1
What do we all think of Bradford's James Hanson ? Personally I dont think he's much of a threat and he's just an average but a very overrated player.

Devante Cole is obviously the superior player, but Hanson is effective and is already halfway to notching up his total for last season inside just 18 matches.
Original post by Mackay
Devante Cole is obviously the superior player, but Hanson is effective and is already halfway to notching up his total for last season inside just 18 matches.

But his last season was only like 9 within the league ?
But his last season was only like 9 within the league ?

He's never going to be prolific, though. He's not an Adam Armstrong, Che Adams etc.

He's more of an Ian Henderson type. Able to use his experience and stature to bring other players into the game. Devante Cole and his partnership is really working, and the little man/big man thing is doing great things for Parkinson.
Original post by Mackay
He's never going to be prolific, though. He's not an Adam Armstrong, Che Adams etc.

He's more of an Ian Henderson type. Able to use his experience and stature to bring other players into the game. Devante Cole and his partnership is really working, and the little man/big man thing is doing great things for Parkinson.

It is working his partnership but we're looking for more goals. But Hanson does do well like you say with his experience, his lack of goals does make up for that. Lets just hope the long ball gets dropped.
It is working his partnership but we're looking for more goals. But Hanson does do well like you say with his experience, his lack of goals does make up for that. Lets just hope the long ball gets dropped.

Big game for both sides tonight. I expect goals - and a few of them.
True, how many do you think you'll bring ? Around 800 or so ? I dont think it'll be more than 1500 as there is no news on the club website that we will be opening another stand for away fans. Are you known for pyro's :biggrin: ?

Long way to go for a midweek game so I expect it is just the hardcore. No fireworks but you'll hear them no problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile
0-0 at Bradford so far but Sheff Utd 4-1 down at home to Shrewsbury, can't be long before Adkins gets his marching orders.
Yeovil on course to do a Luton (2nd to 5th tier in three seasons)
...without any forced points deductions, so that officially makes Yeovil downright poor
Colchester United in League One have already conceded 44 goals in 19 games... wow
Is there an external reason for this happening? I can't remember much about financial irregularities but it's possible it's just all passed me by.

(Yeovil.)
Long way to go for a midweek game so I expect it is just the hardcore. No fireworks but you'll hear them no problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile

0-0 I think you had around 600, not bad for a midweek following. You were loud for a bit, but it did die out.
But overall good point
0-0 at Bradford so far but Sheff Utd 4-1 down at home to Shrewsbury, can't be long before Adkins gets his marching orders.

Suprised result for Sheffield United !
0-0 I think you had around 600, not bad for a midweek following. You were loud for a bit, but it did die out.
But overall good point

I've seen the highlights, seems like both keepers had a good game.
What a free-kick from Luke Williams to give Scunthorpe all three points at Gigg Lane tonight against Bury. Some strike. 30 yards out with four minutes left. Dig it out if you can.
Suprised result for Sheffield United !

I hope Adkins lasts until we play them next month.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Adkins will be gone soon you'd imagine. He certainly isn't the man to take the Blades up. I was really surprised to see them concede four against Shrewsbury Town at home, to be honest.
Snodgrass is back for Hull after 16 months out injured. What a huge lift that is for them.

I'm watching this Hull v Derby match with intrigue as I expect both sides to be in the Premier League next season
Excited to see how Coventry perform today, back at home after that 4-1 smashing of Gillingham. They ground out a very good result against Bradford and, if they're to finally get promoted, they need to be winning comfortably today.

Quick Reply

Latest