The Student Room Group

UCAS mess

I made a mess with my application. I've already sent off my application (with medicine as a choice and biomedical sciences as backup). I've already received an offer for my biomed choice from southampton, but I feel like I underestimated me when i applied and now I'm afraid I will get offers from unis that i don't really like. The 7 day period from my welcome track email has already passed, is there anything I can do to change at least one of the uni?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Francesco Monaca
I made a mess with my application. I've already sent off my application (with medicine as a choice and biomedical sciences as backup). I've already received an offer fro my biomed choice from southampton, but I feel like I underestimated me when i applied and now I'm afraid I will get offers from unis that i don't really like. The 7 day period from my welcome track email has already passed, is there anything I can do to change at least one of the uni?

Afraid theres not opportunity to change after the 7 day window
No offer for medicine is to be sniffed at, and if you do get an offer I would strongly recommend that you take it.

Otherwise, for medicine then your only choice will be to reapply next year. For other subjects, Extra, Clearing and Adjustment are all open to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Origami Bullets
No offer for medicine is to be sniffed at, and if you do get an offer I would strongly recommend that you take it.

Otherwise, for medicine then your only choice will be to reapply next year. For other subjects, Extra, Clearing and Adjustment are all open to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm looking forward to hearing from my med choices. How do extra, clearing and adjustment work? Don't I have to decline all my offers (or receive any) in order to be eligible for those services?

Thanks for your reply
I'm looking forward to hearing from my med choices. How do extra, clearing and adjustment work? Don't I have to decline all my offers (or receive any) in order to be eligible for those services?

Thanks for your reply

You would have to withdraw / decline all your offers.
Original post by BobbyFlay
You would have to withdraw / decline all your offers.

Thank you :smile:
Thank you :smile:

I would not recommend it, especially given how competitive the course is.

Thanks for your reply

Extra: https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/track-your-application/extra-choices
Clearing: https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/results/no-offers-use-clearing
Adjustment: https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/results/adjustment-%E2%80%93-if-you%E2%80%99ve-done-better-expected
What's changed so much in the last six weeks that you feel like you can aim so much higher now?
Original post by Saoirse:3
What's changed so much in the last six weeks that you feel like you can aim so much higher now?

Nothing eye-opening happened. I'm a EU student and I've always considered UK's universities as top choices. So, when i applied i was so scared not to be considered by them that I picked what were in my mind the "safest" universities. But I'm now receiving offers to conditions (namely, school grades) that I will easily exceed. That's the reason why I now think I could have aimed for higher.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending