The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine: 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by medicwannabe21
The people I did my placement with has left. This is gonna take a long time to sort, Warwick better make a decision soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just arrange to get it now? Keep a folder of signed references on headed paper along with their up to date contact details and/or a disk of digital references. Even if you don't get interviews this year you might want to reapply next year, in which case it's all sorted.

Like Warwick say- get the reference and permission to forward contact details at the time of placement to avoid this kind of last minute anxiety.
Southampton said on the phone that all the interviews have been sent out by now; they have a list and if people don't reply to interview then they will work down it (based on UKCAT score, I guess). Just thought I'd let anyone know who is still patiently waiting lol....
Original post by Cassiopeia26
Southampton said on the phone that all the interviews have been sent out by now; they have a list and if people don't reply to interview then they will work down it (based on UKCAT score, I guess). Just thought I'd let anyone know who is still patiently waiting lol....

Did you happen to ring Newcastle? I may call tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope just soton :smile:
Original post by Cassiopeia26
Nope just soton :smile:

Good good- fingers crossed more come up for Soton.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Quilverine
Just arrange to get it now? Keep a folder of signed references on headed paper along with their up to date contact details and/or a disk of digital references. Even if you don't get interviews this year you might want to reapply next year, in which case it's all sorted.

Like Warwick say- get the reference and permission to forward contact details at the time of placement to avoid this kind of last minute anxiety.

Just for reference, how many slips are you going to get? I've got three so far but they're my long term voluntary positions. Are you planning on getting references for your shadowing placements?
Original post by ali.s1002
Just for reference, how many slips are you going to get? I've got three so far but they're my long term voluntary positions. Are you planning on getting references for your shadowing placements?

I have a certificate for shadowing, a time sheet for ward volunteering and a letter with hours stated for hospice volunteering- hope they work

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it possible to use wage slips then as proof? That'll save me getting a reference/contact for work.
Im hoping my placement sheets from uni count as they have my name, hours and ward on them. They are also signed by my mentors
So... I haven't received an email from Kings but just checked my Kings apply account and I had an interview. So people might want to check there if they haven't.
interview from kings 727.5 band 3
Anyone heard from Newcastle?
Original post by Sullenrise6897
So... I haven't received an email from Kings but just checked my Kings apply account and I had an interview. So people might want to check there if they haven't.

Aaahhhh thank you so much for saying this!! I checked too and I got an interview. I wish I could kiss you. I was so upset after hearing Southampton weren't sending anymore interviews. my ukcat is 717.5, band 1 for those who haven't heard yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congrats to everyone getting interviews! Makes me wish I applied to more UKCAT unis with my 740. I'm still waiting for my unis to get back to me :')

Anyone else still waiting on Notts or SGUL?
Received an interview from King's today :biggrin: Not feeling very confident having just seen that only 42 offers are made for 28 places. Anyone know the number of people invited to interview or have stats for previous years?
Original post by Charlottemc1234
Anyone heard from Newcastle?

not yet. does anyone know when they heard last year?
just seen newcastle were handing out interviews about a week ago this time last year! So may be soon! Pretty sure I'll get rejection anyway with UKCAT 710. Just waiting for Warwick is only real go.
has anyone else applied to Birmingham?
Original post by Richardjamesford
not yet. does anyone know when they heard last year?

Quite a few people have heard back this year. There were a bunch of people who got interviews on the 19th and another bunch a few days ago. There's an a101 Newcastle thread. I don't have a link because I'm on my mobile but search and you'll find it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Richardjamesford
just seen newcastle were handing out interviews about a week ago this time last year! So may be soon! Pretty sure I'll get rejection anyway with UKCAT 710. Just waiting for Warwick is only real go.

Quite a few of us got interviews last week for newcastle

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending