The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by raluca1
Me too. I hope they didn't choose to go by snail mail. Too bad they don't have a tracking system for the subjects they sent

A lot of colleges do. For example I'm applying to Oriel and I was provided with a link to see what courses they have sent out interview invitations to. Check the conformation emails you got from your college.
Reply 6501
Original post by Shotte
To be fair, even that doesn't trump this gem I got on the 20th.

'Oxford Interview Notification' arrived in my inbox.

I feel a chill of instinctual anticipation run through my spine, swirl for a moment in the nape in my neck, then recede. I was the gazelle staring into the smirking jaws of King Lion, but would I make the chance to bolt pointlessly away, or return his death-gaze with zeal?

When I was done making clumsy, melodramatic metaphors, I opened it up and...

'Dear student

We are aware that Oxford has commenced calling candidates to interview for mid-December. If you have received notification from the institution we would appreciate if you would respond to this email and advise your Pastoral Mentor to ensure that appropriate support is put in place.'

...Aaaaand it was nothing more than the college clerks - with thoroughly disheartening news in all honesty - the whole time.

Hilarious! Just by the way, you are not at all clumsy with your metaphors. Oxford might just even want such an expressive person to join their band.
Good luck with your offers! May the gazelle return the king lion's gaze with zeal.
I think we had a slap-up meal there on the UNIQ scheme - if so, I'll be elbowing people in the face - and I have very pointy elbows - to be the first in line to agree with you if well need be!

But don't believe everything you might read. After all, Lincoln also boasts as having some of the top nosh of Oxford, and without meaning to sound ungrateful or conceited - it was really rather poor.

I mean, that's where I was for UNIQ. Superb breakfasts to be fair, but dinners included such greats as 'sweet-and-sour mystery meat' and 'raspberry tart [from the Co-op] with a strange black blob in it'. Plus, some - not all by any means - of the serving staff gave us a similar welcome as I'd have expected from a blind, starving terrapin.
Any interview offers come out of Lady Margaret Hall yet?
has anyone heard from Jesus???
Original post by razaa
Hilarious! Just by the way, you are not at all clumsy with your metaphors. Oxford might just even want such an expressive person to join their band.
Good luck with your offers! May the gazelle return the king lion's gaze with zeal.

And thanks man, I really appreciate the well-wish and compliment. I'll sure as hell back the gazelle too, though King Lion would break down and run for it before I get an offer from Oxford, I fear!

Haha. But jokes aside, all the best to all of you on your own offers as well. Hopefully for Oxford's part it's just that few more days now. :wink:
Original post by polarmaple
A lot of colleges do. For example I'm applying to Oriel and I was provided with a link to see what courses they have sent out interview invitations to. Check the conformation emails you got from your college.

I'm applying to Oriel to but don't have that link! Could you share it please?
You're not alone
Absolutely.

Mansfield has top nosh, and I just so happened to apply to Mansfield when all's said and done... a coincidence? Certainly, sir. :colone:
Frankly, I'm getting tyred of hearing about Michelin Stars now. *noregrets*
Original post by trebeccam
Ah I've applied to Oriel college. Yea I found the philosophy test quite hard but I think I did okay, (hopefully). Good luck with your application, we will probably hear this week. Where else have you applied/ what courses?

Good choice with Oriel!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm checking my email approximately 3 times a minute... doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results....? Yep, insanity has descended!
Original post by trebeccam
Ah I've applied to Oriel college. Yea I found the philosophy test quite hard but I think I did okay, (hopefully). Good luck with your application, we will probably hear this week. Where else have you applied/ what courses?

I've applied to Oriel for Physics and Philosophy! I like the way you think
Hahaha, I think that bad attempt at a bad pun (tyred - oh dear) went about as well as could be expected.

But in all seriousness, me too buddy. All I can say is have a chat with your friends, play some games, go for a walk. Anything to get rid of this wheedling need to know whether it happened or didn't, eh?

And then once we've got said news, we can all get on with our lives... well, assuming we're not the types to be too fazed by these interviews. xD;
Have any more people beside the guy from St Johns heard anything for PPE?
Original post by DomRyder
I'm checking my email approximately 3 times a minute... doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results....? Yep, insanity has descended!

Saaaaaame, my email is the same one I use for online shopping accounts and they send about 3 emails a day so I'm constantly on edge 😏
Generally from Wednesday onwards this week depending on the speed of your college.
Reply 6517
Original post by mazzaion
These people live on false ideas of a religion which originally promotes peace - they're extremists. It's hard knowing this is happening in my country, but I'm lucky that non of my friends and relatives in Paris were injured! Thank you :smile:

Oh my God, I'm so glad you're okay! Stay safe yeah? The events of yesterday around the world were just horrible...

They are, thank you so much!

Great post there... Obviously, being French, I got sucked into the whole Paris thing since it's so close to home but I'm definitely not forgetting the other countries. Yesterday was a dark day for the whole world, not just for France. I hope everyone is doing well, and I'll also be donating and encouraging over-18s to donate blood as well.

Thanks everyone, and good luck for your interviews! :biggrin:

Yeah very unfortunate and und unfortunately no european country is safe from this 😐
I just hope it stops, being French, what happened also shocked me... I cant imagine this happening but it has happened...
Original post by tashanotrab
Saaaaaame, my email is the same one I use for online shopping accounts and they send about 3 emails a day so I'm constantly on edge 😏

My school got wifi today.... they are simply enabling my paranoia!! I have never cared less about offers on at Costa!
anyone have any idea when PPL or experimental psychology interviews are usually sent out?

Latest