The Student Room Group

TfL grad scheme 2016 intake

Scroll to see replies

May I ask when you applied. Ive just taken my numerical test for Procurement and worried I'm way too late seen as AC's are already being dished out?
Original post by nh_17
Just been invited to assessment centre for project management, next Tuesday!!!!

May I ask when you applied. Ive just taken my numerical test for Procurement and worried I'm way too late seen as AC's are already being dished out?
Reply 62
Original post by gingerwizard

I applied at the end of October, had my interview at the beginning of the month-ish. This is for project management though!

Judging from last years thread, assessment centres went on well into April
I just had my worst ever interview. I have definitely not got this. The 2nd question went terribly and then my Mum came back in the house when I was answering the 3rd and I was like "****, I don't want her listening" and then I just didn't even bother answering the other questions.

Looks like it is back to the drawing board...
I've just received an email telling me I've passed the video interview but I'm on the waiting list for the assessment centre 😔 (I'm not guaranteed to be put into an assessment centre).
Original post by omnomnomnomom
I've just received an email telling me I've passed the video interview but I'm on the waiting list for the assessment centre 😔 (I'm not guaranteed to be put into an assessment centre).

I just got the same email (General Management for me).

I guess I'm glad to have heard something!
Original post by fluteflute

I was put into this last year, so not expecting to get through based on my experience.

Good luck with yours though!
Reply 67
Hey, guys,

I also applied for GM and received the same email. I think it just means you've pasted the first elimination round, not quite through to the AC yet.

Regarding the Video Interview, I found it super uncomfortable. When I looked back at the recorded interview clips my eyes where darting everywhere and I sounded like a complete idiot. I think they must realize that most people would find such an interview process to be awkward; personally I would have preferred an interview over the phone or face to face.
Original post by wyp87
Hey, guys,

I also applied for GM and received the same email. I think it just means you've pasted the first elimination round, not quite through to the AC yet.

Regarding the Video Interview, I found it super uncomfortable. When I looked back at the recorded interview clips my eyes where darting everywhere and I sounded like a complete idiot. I think they must realize that most people would find such an interview process to be awkward; personally I would have preferred an interview over the phone or face to face.

Hey, it means that we've not scored high enough to be considered in the top ten (ten people are chosen per assessment centre) but we've scored well. It's a case of whether new applicants score higher than us as to whether we'll be chosen.

Good luck
Reply 69
Original post by omnomnomnomom

Original post by fluteflute

Hi both,

I received this email this morning, but yesterday was called to be invited to a/c next tuesday (project management)
Original post by nh_17
Hi both,

I received this email this morning, but yesterday was called to be invited to a/c next tuesday (project management)

Hmm, how strange! You've definitely got the assessment centre though, so well done and good luck!
Reply 71
Hello,

Received the same email this morning but i have applied for the Civil Scheme,

has anyone applied for the Civil Scheme and been invited to an AC yet?
OH MY GOD. After the video interview that I accidentally SWORE in, I have passed that stage and I am being considered for an assessment centre! I am in so much shock. I feel like I should call them to check but part of me doesn't want to as I don't want it to be a mistake!
Reply 73
Anyone been invited to a Finance assessment centre?
Reply 74
Original post by Gloriaaa106
OH MY GOD. After the video interview that I accidentally SWORE in, I have passed that stage and I am being considered for an assessment centre! I am in so much shock. I feel like I should call them to check but part of me doesn't want to as I don't want it to be a mistake!

How long does it take to hear back about the video interview?
Original post by Junglee
How long does it take to hear back about the video interview?

I think I did it on Sunday 16th, then had an email from them today. So just over a week
Reply 76
This is a really interesting thread to see how the test and assesment centres are going. I could not even get passed the situational tests, which is sad, but I was getting straight away automatic replies, so I re done an application (even thought it says only 1 allowed) and it went through which shows how its all computer generated to whether you go through or not, anyone got advice on these situational tests, as to me I felt like all the examples had some sort of relevance but it would really depend upon being in the situation, if that makes sense.
Original post by mikkayla
This is a really interesting thread to see how the test and assesment centres are going. I could not even get passed the situational tests, which is sad, but I was getting straight away automatic replies, so I re done an application (even thought it says only 1 allowed) and it went through which shows how its all computer generated to whether you go through or not, anyone got advice on these situational tests, as to me I felt like all the examples had some sort of relevance but it would really depend upon being in the situation, if that makes sense.

Heya,

Well you have to think of it from the point of view from TfL- how would a specific action aid them? And how would your input improve TfL overall? It's difficult to give suggestions and hints as it is all down to personal preference really.

Hope that helps!
Reply 78
Hiya,

That does make sense thank you. I think for me I just feel confused because I would react different to the situation based on being on it in real life. The questions only give you a sentence to suggest the scenerio. I done one and my friend was doing his at the same time, different answers and we both failed. Like for example the going out to the social event questions. I said it would be good to do to get to know everyone in the business, but then the other options are highlighting it being almost a chore to go to the social event, so it confuses me what tfl wants as an answer.
Original post by nh_17
Hi both,

I finished my video interview for PM on 4th November, got no email. I've just called them and they've said I should get an email within the next few weeks.

Does this mean I applied to late and will probably not get in AC?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending