The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA English Lit - Conflict Poetry, Mr Pip, The Crucible - THE CRUCIBLE

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
hi so I'm a bit worried,
I did the conflict section but the one on mametz wood. I compared it to at the border which I thought was hard.
I wrote about:
the"woods" which show inhumanity with the machine guns vs the mountains which show alienation and confinement
the irregular lines vs free verse and what they resemble
uselessness and disposability of soldiers vs uselessness of border
I analysed techniques and stuff and I thought the unseen was easy. Unit 1 wasn't bad and I got 39/40 in my coursework. So would it be possible to get an A* by any chance.
many thanks
Reply 41
Original post by 11234
hi so I'm a bit worried,
I did the conflict section but the one on mametz wood. I compared it to at the border which I thought was hard.
I wrote about:
the"woods" which show inhumanity with the machine guns vs the mountains which show alienation and confinement
the irregular lines vs free verse and what they resemble
uselessness and disposability of soldiers vs uselessness of border
I analysed techniques and stuff and I thought the unseen was easy. Unit 1 wasn't bad and I got 39/40 in my coursework. So would it be possible to get an A* by any chance.
many thanks

As long as your analysis was consistent and of a high standard, then I see no reason why you couldn't. The points you mentioned are a good mix, and your coursework mark was excellent. I wish you all the best! :smile:
Reply 42
am I the only one to have compared mametz wood and at the border? 😞
Reply 43
Original post by 11234
am I the only one to have compared mametz wood and at the border? 😞

I suggest you post on the specific exam thread, you won't get any replies on this one :wink:
Reply 44
Original post by Arkasia
Eugh it did not go too badly, the question on The Crucible was fine, but that Mr Pip passage was just weird :O?

I will make a separate thread for Conflict poetry, along with predictions :smile:

I know this thread is old but why was the Mr Pip passage weird?
Reply 45
Original post by Myths
I know this thread is old but why was the Mr Pip passage weird?

From what I remember it was about the Foundling Hospital, which is a passage at the very end of the novel, and refers to none of the characters or themes seen throughout the book. It just seemed like an unrepresentative passage to choose.
Reply 46
Original post by Arkasia
From what I remember it was about the Foundling Hospital, which is a passage at the very end of the novel, and refers to none of the characters or themes seen throughout the book. It just seemed like an unrepresentative passage to choose.

Really? You did the 2015 summer paper right?
I just remember that I had done a sample paragraph for the Founding Hospital and http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-47101H-QP-JUN13-CR.PDF the passage for it is in this 2013 AQA paper

Surely they could not have recycled such a recent question?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 47
Original post by Myths
Really? You did the 2015 summer paper right?
I just remember that I had done a sample paragraph for the Founding Hospital and http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-47101H-QP-JUN13-CR.PDF the passage for it is in this 2013 AQA paper

Surely they could not have recycled such a recent question?

Nope, I did the 2013 summer paper :smile:
Reply 48
Original post by Arkasia
Nope, I did the 2013 summer paper :smile:

Oh dear! I didn't notice that you started this thread in 2013!
Thank you for your A* sample paragraph :smile:
Reply 49
Original post by Myths
Oh dear! I didn't notice that you started this thread in 2013!
Thank you for your A* sample paragraph :smile:

Aha no worries :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending