The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by C_M_1
Finalising my UCAS application as I post this, I am looking to Study Criminology with the exception of Law, I have selected the following Universities:

Surrey- Criminology
Surrey- Law and Criminology
Sheffield- Law and Criminology

struggling to fill the last two positions, any people studying or looking to study Criminology and or Law?

I'm doing criminology and have all my offers. How about Southampton, Kent, Chester or Liberpool?
My application has just been sent off! Applying for English Language & Linguistics at Edinburgh, York, QMUL & Bangor. And for the Creative Studies & English Language course at Bangor too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anybody have an offer from either University of Liverpool or University of Leicester for English? I applied about a week ago, and I'm just waiting on them, I have my other three offers. I'm pretty certain I'm not taking their offers, should I receive them (I won't get the predicted ABB) so I just want to get it over and done with.
Original post by rachelthehuman
I applied for English at Liverpool, Queen's Belfast, Edge Hill, Chester, and Stirling. Got offers back from Liverpool, Chester, and Edge Hill but still waiting on the other two. This waiting is absolute torture! Can't decide which is worse, waiting for results day or waiting for offers!

How long did it take for Liverpool to send you an offer? I'm waiting on them, and I have an offer from Chester for English too! (BBC?)
Original post by Hgalpin
I've applied to Oxford, Durham, Bath Spa, Exeter and UWE

UWE came back with an offer within 15 hours, Exeter gave me an offer about 2 weeks after i'd submitted my application and Bath Spa got back to me around the 3 and a half week mark. Obviously still waiting for Oxford/Durham.
(my application went off on the 14th October)

Hey, I've also applied to Exeter (medical sciences), Durham and Oxford (biomedical sciences, getting BMAT results for Ox tomorrow). Got an offer from Durham on the 20th but haven't heard from Exeter! Can I ask which course you've gone for? Good luck with all your choices!
I'm just here to snark on the Scottish universities - namely St. Andrews and Edinburgh for taking so long ... :colonhash:
Original post by ah-meg
How long did it take for Liverpool to send you an offer? I'm waiting on them, and I have an offer from Chester for English too! (BBC?)

Liverpool took just over a week (I sent it off Saturday before last and got my offer yesterday). Hopefully you will get yours soon! Oooh, congrats on Chester :biggrin: Yeah, BBC (which so far is my lowest offer). Which others have you applied for?
Original post by h3110
Nice! Which do you plan to firm?

Yeah, that's that's the difficult decison. :frown: Even though I absolutely love Warwick I'm leaning more towards Nottingham. WBU? What have you applied for?
Original post by Gracemarielewis
Been invited to an applicants day at Swansea. Does anyone know what these involve?

Me too! Have you booked? :smile:
I sent my application on Friday and received an offer from Warwick on Monday.:biggrin: Now waiting to hear from Bath, Strathclyde, Aston and Cardiff.
Anyone got an interview at Leeds tomorrow?
Original post by milliethemoo
Me too! Have you booked? :smile:

Yeah December 9th, you?
Original post by emcowens
Hey, I've also applied to Exeter (medical sciences), Durham and Oxford (biomedical sciences, getting BMAT results for Ox tomorrow). Got an offer from Durham on the 20th but haven't heard from Exeter! Can I ask which course you've gone for? Good luck with all your choices!

Ah wow congratulations! Good luck with your BMAT results - I'm sure you've done well! I've applied for joint honours History and English. Thank you, you too! Which is your first choice?
Original post by Gracemarielewis
Yeah December 9th, you?

Yeah, but mine's not til February 27th :smile:
Original post by WaywardWriter
Yeah, that's that's the difficult decison. :frown: Even though I absolutely love Warwick I'm leaning more towards Nottingham. WBU? What have you applied for?

Both Warwick and Nottingham are really good so it must be a hard choice, I will probably be firming Social Policy at LSE
Original post by Hgalpin
Ah wow congratulations! Good luck with your BMAT results - I'm sure you've done well! I've applied for joint honours History and English. Thank you, you too! Which is your first choice?

Thank you! Well, Oxford is my first choice, but apart from that either UCL or Durham, I've got offers from both. What about you? I'm guessing Ox is your first too?
Original post by milliethemoo
Yeah, but mine's not til February 27th :smile:

That's cool. What subject? Do you know anything about the applicants day. Not sure if I should be worried or not.
Thank you! Well, Oxford is my first choice, but apart from that either UCL or Durham, I've got offers from both. What about you? I'm guessing Ox is your first too?

Wow that's great! Either way, I'm sure you'll flourish wherever you go! I'm not sure actually, I really love Durham but obviously Oxford would be amazing so I think they're joint first choice :smile:
It's just a matter of waiting now! :redface:
Original post by Hgalpin
Wow that's great! Either way, I'm sure you'll flourish wherever you go! I'm not sure actually, I really love Durham but obviously Oxford would be amazing so I think they're joint first choice :smile:
It's just a matter of waiting now! :redface:

Thanks! I'm sure you'll do fantastically too :smile: Maybe we'll end up going to the same uni! Which colleges have you applied to?
Thanks! I'm sure you'll do fantastically too :smile: Maybe we'll end up going to the same uni! Which colleges have you applied to?

Thanks :smile: Yeah! I've applied to St. Chad's at Durham and I submitted an open application to Oxford (just couldn't decide!) and got allocated to Somerville. What about you? :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending