The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nichole199810
Spanish and Portuguese. You?

French and beginners Russian x_____x the wait is horrible.
Original post by ForeignStudent32
MIT is my top choice - I guess I will rank it
100/ 100 ( as how satisfied I would be if I get in)

Followed closely by Harvard 98, followed closely by Stanford 97, then followed not so closely by Princeton 92, followed closely by Caltech 90, then not so closely by Oxford 85, then Penn/ Columbia at 80, and Cornell at 75.

MIT is actually the 3 rd easiest to get into. MIT: 8 Cornell: 14 Oxford: 18%

How did you do on your SAT1 & 2. Hehe, I am filling in my US application as I type this.

I had a 2150 for the SAT and an 800 and 740 for Chemistry and Math subject tests, respectively. My main qualifications were my AP Exam scores though, which are currently five 5's and one 4, with 6 more exams to take this May.

For me, Oxford would be 100, Edinburgh ~90, Princeton 88, and Cornell 85.

Oh, and Oxford's acceptance rate is actually around 8% for US applicants.
Original post by merrigold
I got an interview for CompSci :smile:

When was your email postmarked?? I am surprised that they are working until 8 in the evening.
Original post by FutureOxford3
When was your email postmarked?? I am surprised that they are working until 8 in the evening.

Oh no I got the message last Thursday after I got home from school :tongue:
Original post by nichole199810
Yep, starting on the 8th.:smile:

cheers! :smile:
Has anyone heard anything about German (or any other modern language)?
Has anyone heard anything from Pembroke ?
Holy, this flood of comments.
Original post by unistresshelp
Has anyone heard anything from Pembroke ?

Ah another Pembroke applicant! But no, haven't heard a thing from them since I submitted my written work two weeks ago :frown:. What course are you applying for?
Original post by FutureOxford3
Holy, this flood of comments.

The desperation has started to kick in
When do we find out what college our second interview will be at? And are timings confirmed when we arrive? I've been told to report to Brasenose college no later than 8.45am on Mon 7th Dec and should expect to leave by Tues afternoon. Does this mean my interviews will be spread over the two days? Two in one day would be a bit much!
Bmat results tomorrow😢😢

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mechanism
When do we find out what college our second interview will be at? And are timings confirmed when we arrive? I've been told to report to Brasenose college no later than 8.45am on Mon 7th Dec and should expect to leave by Tues afternoon. Does this mean my interviews will be spread over the two days? Two in one day would be a bit much!

There will be noticeboards when you are there telling you exactly when your interviews will be. You will need to be there for both days, you may have all your interviews all on one day (though this isn't usually the case)

Last time I applied I had three in one day, so be warned :P

Spoiler

Has Keble given out offers for ppe?
Original post by ddbrain
Has Keble given out offers for ppe?

Anyone got economics and management interviews?
anyone got interviews from Pembroke??
Original post by drumsticks

Thanks
Literally waiting every minute likeImageUploadedByStudent Room1448399757.520368.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Refreshing my inbox like
Unfortunately, our website fell over today after the web design company accidentally killed the server during a minor update.

We are back up and running but any content posted since 8am was lost.
Admissions is unaffected but if you tried to access information on-line and failed,
that was the reason.

Brasenose Admissions

Latest

Trending

Trending