The Student Room Group

Nottingham medicine 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by eatpigeons
Anyone heard back?

nope, although there are some people who have had interview offers
Reply 21
Everyone is talking about My nottingham account. On the one email Nottingham has send acknowledging my application. All it said on it was the application proces, with a doc about it, important dates and life as a medical student. There was no link about some sort of account. Can anyone help? maybe i am blind, i just can't see it anywhere and does not talk about an account at all!!!!
Reply 22
Original post by ena24
Everyone is talking about My nottingham account. On the one email Nottingham has send acknowledging my application. All it said on it was the application proces, with a doc about it, important dates and life as a medical student. There was no link about some sort of account. Can anyone help? maybe i am blind, i just can't see it anywhere and does not talk about an account at all!!!!

I just found out about the portal, it should be on the confirmation email they sent you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Has anyone heard anything yet?
Original post by Bron97
Has anyone heard anything yet?

Not after interview, no.
Original post by Hopeful medic97
There seem to be 2 threads for Nottingham guys.
Also there is a lot of conflicting reports on last years cut off. I e-mailed the FOI and they said last years cut off was 34! This seemed really low so I emailed them back to check and they confirmed with the med school that it was 34 ( no SJT last year which would have increased points by 3) . I applied on this information with a score of 40 now I think I have wasted a choice. Not heard anything back yet.

I got rejected from Nottingham last year with a score before PS of 42 so I literally have no idea what the actual cut off was. That 42 was the total of my GCSEs and UKCAT. But I wouldn't worry to much, your ps and reference can make a huge difference anyway. In an email last year they said I needed 44 to progress to the next stage.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Hopeful medic97
Have u had an interview this year? What's your score pre ps this year?

Yeah I had mine in December, score this year pre PS was 49
Original post by RDB1826
Yeah I had mine in December, score this year pre PS was 49

I know you can't say anything that was on the interview and it would be wrong to ask. But after finishing it what resources or practise would you say helped you most in the actual MMI?
Original post by DoctorPles
I know you can't say anything that was on the interview and it would be wrong to ask. But after finishing it what resources or practise would you say helped you most in the actual MMI?

First and foremost the ISCMedical Interviews book, the key areas in that are the common questions and the ethics stuff.
Using the Nottingham University website I made some notes on the course structure - it's nice to have a rough overview such as the graphic attached. That's all I used really, it's quite difficult to prepare for MMI, I didn't really know what to expect! Best of luck, when's your interview?
Screen Shot 2015-12-02 at 11.54.11.png
Original post by RDB1826
First and foremost the ISCMedical Interviews book, the key areas in that are the common questions and the ethics stuff.
Using the Nottingham University website I made some notes on the course structure - it's nice to have a rough overview such as the graphic attached. That's all I used really, it's quite difficult to prepare for MMI, I didn't really know what to expect! Best of luck, when's your interview?
Screen Shot 2015-12-02 at 11.54.11.png

Mines on the 19th of January. Thank you very much for your help. Would you suggest thoroughly revising your personal statement and reference btw
Original post by DoctorPles
Mines on the 19th of January. Thank you very much for your help. Would you suggest thoroughly revising your personal statement and reference btw

Yeah, I'd say that for any interview, knowing your PS would help you feel more confident in the interview

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending