The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pars12
How does it get down then?

the website maintenance people shut down the server by accident while doing a minor update.
Original post by IzzySaskia
Ah another Pembroke applicant! But no, haven't heard a thing from them since I submitted my written work two weeks ago :frown:. What course are you applying for?

Same! The wait is literally killing me 😭. I applied for history, what about you?
Does anybody have any idea why Merton haven't sent out invitations for anything? Would you say it's likely they'll start sending stuff tomorrow?... The suspense is killing me (not literally, of course)
Original post by MHI
Anyone know whether Somerville send letters or emails for interview offers?

Somerville said this in their UCAS acknowledgement email to me:
I will send you an email in due course to let you know whether or not your application has been shortlisted. I will aim to dispatch these emails:·
for arts, humanities, social sciences subjects, biological sciences and biochemistry by the end of Monday 30th November 2015· for science and maths subjects by the end of Monday 7th December 2015Shortlisting decisions are unlikely to be available prior to these dates so please do not telephone or email us about it before these dates.Hope that helps! :smile:
Original post by unistresshelp
Same! The wait is literally killing me 😭. I applied for history, what about you?

Oh right, History and English for me :smile: To be honest, based on my mediocre feeling performance in the HAT I'm not holding out a whole load of hope.
Original post by ppequeens
Anyone applying for Queen's here/heard anything from them?

I'm applying for English Language and Literature and I have not heard anything from Queens yet.
Anyone heard from magdalen for anything they seem to be very quiet
Original post by lawlieto
where can I find something like this for Merton?

Like it says in the email you got (!)
there' s merton.ox.ac.uk/admissions2015
But there is no similar information provided - for whatever reason. You should check out the page anyways.
Original post by not you
Yup staying up and hoping servers don't go down before I see my results lmao
Yeah I just remembered about that email, ugh still have to wait for so long to get an interview. What actually takes them so long? All they need to do is add BMAT results to GCSE scores and rank them, only takes a couple of hours at most to do that and give the best 400 interviews, the next 25 slots who get reviewed can't really take over a week, can it?

Yeah I hope the servers don't crash either!

Hell if I know, maybe shortlisting isn't that automatic and takes longer. Especially for medicine.
Original post by Jamesthe24th
I'm applying for English Language and Literature and I have not heard anything from Queens yet.

omg good luck! You english lot seem to be going to get your emails really late from the sounds of things. (also woo fellow quen's person, there seem to be very few of us)
Original post by gkallikas
Yeah I hope the servers don't crash either!

Hell if I know, maybe shortlisting isn't that automatic and takes longer. Especially for medicine.

but they have an equation they plug the numbers into, it can't really take that long to put some numbers into an equation can it?

(from an email I sent them)
Original post by not you
but they have an equation they plug the numbers into, it can't really take that long to put some numbers into an equation can it?

(from an email I sent them)

how do you work out your contextualised gcse score?
Anyone applied to Wadham?
Original post by ppequeens
omg good luck! You english lot seem to be going to get your emails really late from the sounds of things. (also woo fellow quen's person, there seem to be very few of us)

Thank you! I know there does seem to be few of us! I am yet to find a fellow English applicant for Queens! It's such an awful time waiting for some form of correspondence! Good luck to you too!
Original post by Lsdjrl

yeah for physics :smile: It looks really friendly there.
Original post by Patrick2810
yeah for physics :smile: It looks really friendly there.

Yeah definitely, I know some people there at the moment who have nothing but good things to say😊 Have you heard anything yet?
Original post by ilovecake123
how do you work out your contextualised gcse score?

No clue, I remember seeing it somewhere on the admin.ox.ac.uk site but can't find the link again, it was some equation relating to your school's relative performance and your number/proportion of A*s.

Not that it's relevant to me, my straight As Scottish N5s don't count at all for Oxford. Instead they double up my BMAT score, which is completely unfair because BMAT is much harder to get full 100% on whereas someone with like 11A*s at GCSE will get an easy 100% and possibly get a better ranking than me despite doing worse in BMAT.

Basically it could be 0.74 * 65% + 0.74 * 65% (me), vs 0.74 * 45% + 0.74 * 100% (some English guy) :angry:
Hm, I think I can assume that Merton hasn't sent anything as of yet...
Original post by not you
No clue, I remember seeing it somewhere on the admin.ox.ac.uk site but can't find the link again, it was some equation relating to your school's relative performance and your number/proportion of A*s.

Not that it's relevant to me, my straight As Scottish N5s don't count at all for Oxford. Instead they double up my BMAT score, which is completely unfair because BMAT is much harder to get full 100% on whereas someone with like 11A*s at GCSE will get an easy 100% and possibly get a better ranking than me despite doing worse in BMAT.

Basically it could be 0.74 * 65% + 0.74 * 65% (me), vs 0.74 * 45% + 0.74 * 100% (some English guy) :angry:

ahhh, i dunno how well my school is rated, i got 11A*s 1A but i dunno how they would rate it, my school has a 75% 5 A*-C grades so dunno how that compares?
Original post by Lsdjrl

I am, for PPE. Heard nothing for my course yet, but I know they've released the shortlisting for some other courses (https://www.wadham.ox.ac.uk/students/undergraduates/admissions/candidate-information)

Latest

Trending

Trending