The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I am expecting a huge wave of bmat scores now
Original post by FutureOxford3
Ah,gl, tell me what u get when u find ot

well the site went down immediately at 00:00:00 so...

and now it's back: S1 - 6.4, S2 - 4.9, S3 - 3.5A
disappointed honestly, section 2 especially, was getting like 6s and 7s in past papers
How are people getting emails at 11 in the evening? When was your email time.

hahaha! got them this afternoon!
Reply 6663
i'm going to scream i want the english interview offers to come out so badly
odds are i'll find out thursday and therefore spend the entirety of thanksgiving on edge & waiting for an email (and then either having to book a really last-minute plane ticket or crying into my turkey)
thanks oxford!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Lsdjrl
Anyone applied to Wadham?

Yep, I have! For Chemistry! Wby?
I can't sleep. I'm getting panicky! So worried about the possibility of rejection.
Reply 6666
Original post by somnacin
Thanks! :smile: My parents want me to, but I'm keen on staying here. How about you?

Still waiting on my decision, but if I do get the interview, I'll fly out!
Original post by crose
i'm going to scream i want the english interview offers to come out so badly
odds are i'll find out thursday and therefore spend the entirety of thanksgiving on edge & waiting for an email (and then either having to book a really last-minute plane ticket or crying into my turkey)
thanks oxford!

Yay, another American stressing about how Oxford could make this either the best or the worst Thanksgiving ever! Lol but seriously. At least we don't have to sit through school on Thursday and Friday.
Day two of waiting for Merton to say yay or nay to me having an interview. Am I the only one applying to Merton who is still in the dark about this? I am applying for biological sciences, so according to their website the interview, if I were lucky enough to get one, would have to be December 9. Does that mean they won't tell me until the 2nd?
Reply 6669
Original post by lizzy2016
Yay, another American stressing about how Oxford could make this either the best or the worst Thanksgiving ever! Lol but seriously. At least we don't have to sit through school on Thursday and Friday.

right? i don't think i could take another two days of frantically checking my email and not being able to focus in class
on the bright side, my thanksgiving dinner's going to be pretty chaotic to begin with, so it's not too different from usual
Two thoughts:
1. When do MAT results come out?
2. When does St. John's College send out interview invitations/rejections? (Math + CompSci applicant)
When can I expect a medicine rejection? Do you reckon they send them out earlier than interview offers?
Original post by thechemistress
When can I expect a medicine rejection? Do you reckon they send them out earlier than interview offers?

What did you get on your BMAT?
Original post by pixiedustfairy
Two thoughts:
1. When do MAT results come out?
2. When does St. John's College send out interview invitations/rejections? (Math + CompSci applicant)

How do you think you did on the MAT?
Uh OK I got an interview with St Hilda's but the site's down and I can't fill in that form thingy
Aren't you the guy who wrote a book he never read into his PS?

@crastle Please don't get mad. I mean't it as a joke. Did you get an interview yet? It was just for a good laugh.
Original post by Imaanc
We can't find out unless we request feedback after January 6th when they send out all of the offers and rejections

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you are brave enough, you could ask for your MAT score when you meet your tutors lol :P
Reply 6677
Anyone from Canada? Applied to Magdalen for PPE but haven't heard back. Tbh this thread has successfully substituted my social media usage for the last couple days and I'm finding it very entertaining and addictive. Keep it up and remember that although we may die in battle (not literally), we still fought the battle.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by msquet
Anyone from Canada? Applied to Magdalen for PPE but haven't heard back. Tbh this thread has successfully substituted my social media usage for the last couple days and I'm finding it very emtertaining and addictive. Keep it up and remember that although we may die in battle (not literally), we still fought the battle.

Which part of Canada.
Posted from TSR Mobile

For BMAT scores, does anyone know if Oxford looks at the breakdown, or just the number their system calculates?

I'm asking because my score was 9.0 5.7 3B... I'm afraid they'll dislike my Section B, or that B in essay I didn't believe I got :frown:

Plus do you think that's good enough for an international student to have a shot?

Latest

Trending

Trending