The Student Room Group

OFFICIAL Leeds university Dentistry 2016 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rakib567
nothing to worry guys. we still don't know the averages and we all know that bmat is used as a last resort when it comes to decide between candidates. we will be fine!

Averages as a whole was released with the results
Original post by TrayTrayDinh
Averages as a whole was released with the results

i can't seem to find them....

It's a pdf file next to your results but I took a print screen just in case you can't see it image.png

Pdf below results table
It's a pdf file next to your results but I took a print screen just in case you can't see it image.png

thanks. definitely this exam was harder then.
Anybody wanna discuss scores? :s-smilie: pm me xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
nothing to worry guys. we still don't know the averages and we all know that bmat is used as a last resort when it comes to decide between candidates. we will be fine!

That's not strictly true...
The first 200 are chosen based on personal statement. The next 50 are those with the top BMAT scores.
So it is used by itself - that is, of course, if your personal statement isn't good enough.
I really hope I got an interview due to my personal statement.
Original post by Madman98
That's not strictly true...
The first 200 are chosen based on personal statement. The next 50 are those with the top BMAT scores.
So it is used by itself - that is, of course, if your personal statement isn't good enough.
I really hope I got an interview due to my personal statement.

me too. i already have an interview from plymouth so i hope leeds will apprwacite my PS as much as plymouth. if so, i hope that they offer me an interview without taking bmat into too much consideration.

when i called leeds they said that they will firstly check academics of all applications. then they will reject those who don't meet the academic requirement. then they will look at our PS and decide on interviews. if they have some question marks then they use bmat.

how did u get those numbers?
me too. i already have an interview from plymouth so i hope leeds will apprwacite my PS as much as plymouth. if so, i hope that they offer me an interview without taking bmat into too much consideration.

when i called leeds they said that they will firstly check academics of all applications. then they will reject those who don't meet the academic requirement. then they will look at our PS and decide on interviews. if they have some question marks then they use bmat.

how did u get those numbers?

I emailed their admissions team and they said that to me. Hmm, doesn't really affect us much anyway to be honest. We've already chosen it so....
I emailed their admissions team and they said that to me. Hmm, doesn't really affect us much anyway to be honest. We've already chosen it so....

let's just hope for the best. and if they don't choose us then **** it.
I think my results were bad 😢, the average is 4.5, 4.3 and 3A right? If so I did really bad on the science section 😭
Original post by xambercx
I think my results were bad 😢, the average is 4.5, 4.3 and 3A right? If so I did really bad on the science section 😭

Don't worry it is still possible to get an interview. Good luck with your application :smile:
How much does Leeds focus on section 3

Posted from TSR Mobile
How much does Leeds focus on section 3

Posted from TSR Mobile

apparently it is 40% section 1 40% section 2 20% section 3.
Original post by fangbandit
Don't worry it is still possible to get an interview. Good luck with your application :smile:

Thank you
Reply 55
Dont worry about BMAT too much guys, especially now that its done. I kinda flopped, got 4.2, 3.9 and 3A (If I remember correctly) and still made it. As long as you have a good personal statement and good academics, you're in with a shot.
Original post by Brownie97
apparently it is 40% section 1 40% section 2 20% section 3.

Where have you got that information from? As far as i know thay information hasn't been released?
Reply 57
Original post by Tazmain
Dont worry about BMAT too much guys, especially now that its done. I kinda flopped, got 4.2, 3.9 and 3A (If I remember correctly) and still made it. As long as you have a good personal statement and good academics, you're in with a shot.

Hi are you attending leeds university now for dentistry?

How is the course and university?

i REALLY want to go to attend Leeds uni for dentistry.

What was the lowest and highest BMATscores that people in your year got?

Many thanks,
Reply 58
How did everyone do on BMAT?

Who is a current dentistry Leeds student? please give us some advice!!:smile:
Where have you got that information from? As far as i know thay information hasn't been released?

it was in one of the 2015 BMAT practice questions books. I don't know if it is what they will do this year but i presume that was what they did last time.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest