The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6680
Original post by FutureOxford3
Which part of Canada.

British Columbia, but I'm actually an international student from Mexico!
Original post by tehtarik
Posted from TSR Mobile

For BMAT scores, does anyone know if Oxford looks at the breakdown, or just the number their system calculates?

I'm asking because my score was 9.0 5.7 3B... I'm afraid they'll dislike my Section B, or that B in essay I didn't believe I got :frown:

Plus do you think that's good enough for an international student to have a shot?

You want to convert that into percentages for me? I believe it is out of 100 and 64 is the average. BMAT is super hard.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by msquet
Anyone from Canada? Applied to Magdalen for PPE but haven't heard back. Tbh this thread has successfully substituted my social media usage for the last couple days and I'm finding it very entertaining and addictive. Keep it up and remember that although we may die in battle (not literally), we still fought the battle.

Magdalen PPE here too haven't heard anything yet :/
You want to convert that into percentages for me? I believe it is out of 100 and 64 is the average. BMAT is super hard.

He said his worked out to be 76.8% earlier, which is definitely more than enough
Original post by thechemistress
He said his worked out to be 76.8% earlier, which is definitely more than enough

I'm a girl! (and international acceptance is like 2% yo)
Original post by thechemistress

How do you calculate the BMAT score? Yeah, it is above the average of shortlist.

What country?
Original post by msquet
Anyone from Canada? Applied to Magdalen for PPE but haven't heard back. Tbh this thread has successfully substituted my social media usage for the last couple days and I'm finding it very entertaining and addictive. Keep it up and remember that although we may die in battle (not literally), we still fought the battle.

Well, this only going to continue for a few more days max. I know I won't be checking this thread anymore after I get my interview and start prepping. Then, I might come back after my interview and then leave until the decisions are out.

Are you???!!!??? :O I don't know why I assumed you were a guy, sorry :lol:
That's true, but you stand a reallllly good chance with your score so dw about the essay. You're way above average tbh
What country?

Singapore :bawling:
BMAT is a tough test. I feel for you medics. But it should be hard, because doctors should be highly selective and trained.
Morning folks. I'm feeling as though PPE interviews could filter out today... Could be wrong...
oh **** crap. my parents just made me submit my sections 2 and 3 for review and oh **** i'm worried??
Original post by lawlieto
where can I find something like this for Merton?

Not every college website seems to give us that information for some reason. I do know that Merton has been terribly slow in general regarding interview requests.
Anybody know if other colleges do like Keble, sending out invites by post?
Original post by drumsticks
Not every college website seems to give us that information for some reason. I do know that Merton has been terribly slow in general regarding interview requests.

I already answered that.
And once again its the inactive merton.ox.ac.uk/admissions2015
Original post by TheBilboBaggins
Does anybody have any idea why Merton haven't sent out invitations for anything? Would you say it's likely they'll start sending stuff tomorrow?... The suspense is killing me (not literally, of course)

Nothing has come yet, me and my classmates are still waiting for the info, too. Hope they will start tomorrow. Btw which major have you applied??
Original post by PlaneovertheSea
I already answered that.
And once again its the inactive merton.ox.ac.uk/admissions2015

My most sincere apologies for not scrolling through the entire thread since I was quoted. :smile:
Original post by drumsticks
My most sincere apologies for not scrolling through the entire thread since I was quoted. :smile:

I forgive you my child.
Original post by ElliotLDavies
Anyone here for Mansfield College / Physics? And has anyone received an interview/rejection for Physics from anywhere? :redface:

I applied for physics at mansfield! But sadly no I haven't heard anythunf

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending