The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3820
I hope a lack of Ambrose helping Reigns means a potential heel turn for him. He's reached as high as he can go as a face, and I don't want him in a programme with Owens for the IC title. He should be in the main event picture.
Reigns vs Shaemus TLC with Barrett and Rusev interfering in the no DQ. Ambrose comes to save him then turns on him setting up an Ambrose vs Reigns feud for the Royal rumble.

Daniel Bryan needs to return already ffs
Reply 3822
Original post by AR_95
Reigns vs Shaemus TLC with Barrett and Rusev interfering in the no DQ. Ambrose comes to save him then turns on him setting up an Ambrose vs Reigns feud for the Royal rumble.

Daniel Bryan needs to return already ffs

Amen.

There is obviously a lack of killer heels, but Sheamus is genuinely disliked by the fanbase now, so that gives him something to work with. He isn't even seen as cool by the marks, either, like Bray or Rollins. He's like the Miz, but with a title belt.
Utterly disappointed with Survivor Series - but I am not a big Sheamus fan. I thought there were some great matches but the ending spoiled it. I think some NXT stars need to be promoted to mix it up a little, fed up of a heel champion and roman reigns chasing.
Reply 3824
Tyler Breeze has transferred to the main roster pretty seamlessly. I expect he'll go the same way as Neville and be stuck in the midcard, of course, but it's good to see that he's going to be more than an Adam Rose/Bo Dallas.

NXT's best graduate of all-time will always be Kevin Owens, I think. I doubt anybody will ever match him.
^ Agreed. People love KO, and rightly so. I reckon Finn could perhaps do it at main roster
I really want The New Day Unicorn T - Shirt for christmas.
Reply 3827
Original post by SJD1992
^ Agreed. People love KO, and rightly so. I reckon Finn could perhaps do it at main roster

Agreed. Finn has a chance of being upper midcard, I imagine. But, again, he won't really be any better than Neville.

To really thrive, you need to be a killer heel. Owens is the only one NXT have ever had.
Original post by Mackay
Agreed. Finn has a chance of being upper midcard, I imagine. But, again, he won't really be any better than Neville.

To really thrive, you need to be a killer heel. Owens is the only one NXT have ever had.

Depends. Talent doesn't always get pushed in the WWE, it's more about looks. Balor hasn't impressed me any more than Neville, but he's Irish, handsome and above 5'10", I see him being WWE Champion one day.

Owens has been given the IC Title and a killing from Cena, I don't really see him recovering unless in very unlikely circumstances HHH takes over from Vince within KO's career.
Reply 3829
Original post by Diego Costa

Owens has been given the IC Title and a killing from Cena, I don't really see him recovering unless in very unlikely circumstances HHH takes over from Vince within KO's career.

The Cena loss didn't hinder Owens at all. Listen to the crowd when he's on screen or in the ring. He's so over.

Balor will never be WWE World Heavyweight Champion with the way things are currently. I'd say Zayn had a better chance, if he was fit. They both should be main eventers if they ever get promoted to the main roster given their talent, but WWE is stuck and won't give them a chance to progress beyond US/IC title level I imagine.

Not even Bray or Kevin Owens are main eventers right now, so Balor/Zayn have no chance. Generally, high flyers have a midcard ceiling.
Original post by Mackay
The Cena loss didn't hinder Owens at all. Listen to the crowd when he's on screen or in the ring. He's so over.

Balor will never be WWE World Heavyweight Champion with the way things are currently. I'd say Zayn had a better chance, if he was fit. They both should be main eventers if they ever get promoted to the main roster given their talent, but WWE is stuck and won't give them a chance to progress beyond US/IC title level I imagine.

Not even Bray or Kevin Owens are main eventers right now, so Balor/Zayn have no chance. Generally, high flyers have a midcard ceiling.

But when was the last time a wrestler that Cena battered became a main-eventer afterwards/won the WWE Title?

I do think that Balor is going to get to the top. WWE push talents because they look like models more than anything such Reigns, Rollins etc.,

Wyatt and Owens are too fat for McMahon to make consistent main-eventers and Zayn is Bryan V2. Balor on the other hand is Irish and looks like an Armani model.
Reply 3831
SmackDown spoilers this week:

- Roman Reigns kicked off the show but was interrupted by Sheamus. The two exchanged words before Reigns vowed to take back his title at TLC.
- The Dudley Boyz def. Erick Rowan and Braun Strowman by disqualification when Bray Wyatt interfered. Strowman choked out D-Von while Harper and Rowan put Bubba Ray through a table.
- Paige def. Becky Lynch.
- The New Day did a Thanksgiving-themed vignette that ended when The Gobbledy Gooker appeared and was revealed to be Xavier Woods.
- Jack Swagger def. Alberto Del Rio by disqualification when the U.S. champion used a steel chair at ringside. Swagger fought back, and his rival and Zeb Colter retreated.
- The Lucha Dragons def. The New Day in a non-title match when the Gooker interfered. It was revealed to be Jey Uso in the costume.
- Dean Ambrose def. Tyler Breeze and Dolph Ziggler to become No. 1 contender to the IC title.
Reply 3832
So the Wyatts are feuding with the ****ing Dudleyz now ffs
Original post by Mackay
So the Wyatts are feuding with the ****ing Dudleyz now ffs

Wyatt's are such a waste of space
Original post by Diego Costa
But when was the last time a wrestler that Cena battered became a main-eventer afterwards/won the WWE Title?

I do think that Balor is going to get to the top. WWE push talents because they look like models more than anything such Reigns, Rollins etc.,

Wyatt and Owens are too fat for McMahon to make consistent main-eventers and Zayn is Bryan V2. Balor on the other hand is Irish and looks like an Armani model.

Not at all. Owens will have his time.
Reply 3835
Original post by AR_95
Not at all. Owens will have his time.

Definitely.
Reply 3836
Interesting: http://whatculture.com/wwe/nuclear-heat-on-lana-right-now-in-wwe.php

So apparently Lana has big heat in WWE after a bust-up with Paige and announcing her engagement to Rusev on social media in the middle of an angle where they were feuding.
Reply 3837
Oh, and also, WWE has released Brad Maddox. Goodbye, Brad. Thanks for everything.
Hey, what's Bray Wyatts favourite letter of the alphabet?

Spoiler

Original post by Mackay
Definitely.

He's holding the IC Title which is reserved for midcard jobbers. The last wrestler to hold the Intercontinental Championship and then win the WWE Title afterwards was Rey Mysterio in 2009. Even then he barely held the big one for any time, if you even count his reign.

Quick Reply

Latest