The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Primary Education Interview @ NTU

I have an Interview at Nottingham Trent Uni next week. I have to do a five minute presentation on an artefact that reflects me as an individual learner.. HELP! Any ideas? Also, what are the English and Maths tests like that you have to take during the interview?
Original post by melissaheslop1
I have an Interview at Nottingham Trent Uni next week. I have to do a five minute presentation on an artefact that reflects me as an individual learner.. HELP! Any ideas? Also, what are the English and Maths tests like that you have to take during the interview?

Hi melissaheslop1,

I can't really recommend which artefact to use, however I can give you some advice for your presentation! This may sound a bit weird, but the actual answer you give to this question is not the most important thing, it is how you present yourself and react under this situation. Here is a few tips to help present yourself:

1) Make sure you do your research before going for your interview.
Make sure you know the course you are applying for inside out, and have worked on the question given to you. By doing your research, you will know what you're talking about in the presentation, which will shine through! (It will help with your confidence as well).

2) Try and act confident even if you don't feel it.
This will be what the interviewer is looking for. You can help with your confidence, by practising your presentation so you know what you are saying. Also, try practising your presentation in front of people and getting their advice. It really does help to improve your presentation skills!

3) Finally, try and not panic!
If you work yourself up too much about the presentation then you will make a mistake. Maybe the morning of your presentation, go through your presentation once, and then put it to one side. After that I would just focus on getting yourself there.

Regarding your question about the English and Maths tests, you will only have to do an English test in the interview. The Literacy and Maths tests are government skills tests, that you will have to do separately before the courses start date.

The English test that you will have in your interview, will test your reading and writing ability. They are testing to see whether you have a good and accurate use of Standard English. In this test, I would personally focus on putting together a coherent statement rather than getting the question correct, as they are looking at your use of English rather than the correct answer.

I hope this helps and let me know if you have any more questions!

Thanks,

Ellen
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi melissaheslop1,

I can't really recommend which artefact to use, however I can give you some advice for your presentation! This may sound a bit weird, but the actual answer you give to this question is not the most important thing, it is how you present yourself and react under this situation. Here is a few tips to help present yourself:

1) Make sure you do your research before going for your interview.
Make sure you know the course you are applying for inside out, and have worked on the question given to you. By doing your research, you will know what you're talking about in the presentation, which will shine through! (It will help with your confidence as well).

2) Try and act confident even if you don't feel it.
This will be what the interviewer is looking for. You can help with your confidence, by practising your presentation so you know what you are saying. Also, try practising your presentation in front of people and getting their advice. It really does help to improve your presentation skills!

3) Finally, try and not panic!
If you work yourself up too much about the presentation then you will make a mistake. Maybe the morning of your presentation, go through your presentation once, and then put it to one side. After that I would just focus on getting yourself there.

Regarding your question about the English and Maths tests, you will only have to do an English test in the interview. The Literacy and Maths tests are government skills tests, that you will have to do separately before the courses start date.

The English test that you will have in your interview, will test your reading and writing ability. They are testing to see whether you have a good and accurate use of Standard English. In this test, I would personally focus on putting together a coherent statement rather than getting the question correct, as they are looking at your use of English rather than the correct answer.

I hope this helps and let me know if you have any more questions!

Thanks,

Ellen

Thank you so much! I am feeling a lot more relaxed about my interview :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending