The Student Room Group

Plymouth Medical School Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dairychocolate
I swear it feels like every second person who applies to Plymouth is a gap year/resit applicant like myself. At least I know I won't feel like an old man if I get in.

Haha! What have you been up to on your year out??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JulietR
Haha! What have you been up to on your year out??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haven't been up to much yet as it was an unexpected gap year.

Re-applying to med, arranging that via the school, UKCAT, learning to drive, finding a job etc. etc.
Original post by dairychocolate
Haven't been up to much yet as it was an unexpected gap year.

Re-applying to med, arranging that via the school, UKCAT, learning to drive, finding a job etc. etc.

Aah fair enough! Enjoy your time off, I work full time in a care home and it is quite hard work but is just a snapshot of what doctors have to do I suppose

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JulietR
Aah fair enough! Enjoy your time off, I work full time in a care home and it is quite hard work but is just a snapshot of what doctors have to do I suppose

Posted from TSR Mobile

True, I guess it's good preparation and it'll reflect well on you in an interview.

I'll be working some night shifts and long hours over December though, so not really much of a rest, I guess.
Original post by Dr Gin
The Jury's Inn is only 5-10 mins walk from the campus so you can wander up there and nosey-around. Portland Square is the main building that medics have their lectures and PBL sessions; you could go into the ground floor coffee shop to get the feel of it at least plus the campus shops/coffee bars etc. would all be open for you to look around/eat in. The clinical skills facilities are up at Derriford Hospital in the John Bull building so it would be tricky to gain access there on interview day.
The Jury's Inn works well as an interview venue - plenty of comfortable waiting areas/sofas, lots of suitable rooms, coffee bar etc. and there is parking just underneath it. plus, if you fancy a stroll, you're only a 10 minute walk from the harbour front for a bit of post-interview fish and chips...

Thanks.
Looking forward to them Fish & Chips already.:clap2:

I've never been to Plymouth before as its 5 hours away from where I live. But everything I've heard/ read has been so positive. Feels like the place to be.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 185
Original post by mariapops
Interview on the 25th! UKCAT is 702.5 average and my predictions are A*AA

I've got an interview tomorrow too! :smile:
Original post by EllsRB
I've got an interview tomorrow too! :smile:

All the best bro. I also have an interview on the 26th :afraid:
I would appreciate any help you can give me for my interview. PS make sure you know a lot about Plymouth itself i.e PBL etc,...
Original post by captainzarrad
All the best bro. I also have an interview on the 26th :afraid:
I would appreciate any help you can give me for my interview. PS make sure you know a lot about Plymouth itself i.e PBL etc,...

Hi captianzarrad,

For the interview- Don't worry! Have a look on the website and think about what particularly excites you about your subject and the course, and it will come through in the interview! In the interview, you should get a chance to talk to one of your lecturers for the course in depth, too, so if you have any questions, bring them or, ask me today with #chatwithplym!

Cheers,

Paul (3rd year Chemist)
Original post by Plymouth University
Hi captianzarrad,

For the interview- Don't worry! Have a look on the website and think about what particularly excites you about your subject and the course, and it will come through in the interview! In the interview, you should get a chance to talk to one of your lecturers for the course in depth, too, so if you have any questions, bring them or, ask me today with #chatwithplym!

Cheers,

Paul (3rd year Chemist)

Hi Plymouth Uni (Paul),

What student selected components are available to choose from in the first 2 years?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vish97
Hi Plymouth Uni (Paul),

What student selected components are available to choose from in the first 2 years?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Vish97,

All the core course details are on the course page (https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/bmbs-bachelor-of-medicine-bachelor-of-surgery)- as for the optional modules, it's best to give the medical admissions an e-mail or phone call!

[email protected]+44 1752 437333
Cheers,

Paul
Original post by Plymouth University
Hi Vish97,

All the core course details are on the course page (https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/bmbs-bachelor-of-medicine-bachelor-of-surgery)- as for the optional modules, it's best to give the medical admissions an e-mail or phone call!

[email protected]+44 1752 437333
Cheers,

Paul

Thanks!
Reply 191
Interview day... Nerves are kicking in!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dalts

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know right ! What time is yours? Mine is tomorrow, good luck :smile:
Original post by Dalts

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck to all of you there today!
Reply 194
I think I flopped
Original post by LongTim
I think I flopped

I really hope not. It can be very hard to tell, especially if you had high expectations going in. Often the ones who come out thinking it was all fantastic are actually a bit naive and haven't realised how much they didn't say. Fingers crossed...
Original post by LongTim
I think I flopped

Stay positive mate ! You never know the interviewers might really have liked you.
I messed that up fml
Mines tomorrow, reading the comments on here doesn't fill me with any confidence ahaha :frown:
Original post by mariapops
I messed that up fml

What makes you think that??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending