The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6800
Original post by PasserbyA
Sorry, can I check, when is your interview, and what is Balliol's recommended "arrive by" and "stay till" dates/time? I'm also hoping for a skype interview myself from Merton, but I have a flight overseas within the timeframe, so it would be great to know where they fit us international students in. Thank you!

Well, I was originally invited to attend an interview at Oxford from St.Peter's College and Balliol.
Details:
Arrive by: 9th
Stay till: 11th

Now, I've been informed that my interview has been changed to a Skype interview. Balliol wants to conduct it on the 10th and I'm still expecting the date from St. Peter's College.
Reply 6801
Original post by rosiehhirrs
Hey! Me too! Where are you from?

India, what about you?
Original post by Vitul
Balliol wants to conduct it on the 10th and I'm still expecting the date from St. Peter's College.

I'm so jealous, you have two colleges that will interview you! :tongue:
Reply 6803
Original post by somnacin
I'm so jealous, you have two colleges that will interview you! :tongue:

Hahahaha! Don't be jealous, I'm sure you're more capable than me. :smile:
Reply 6804
Original post by Tink12344321
Anyone heard from History at Lincoln ?

Has anyone heard anything from Lincoln? (specifically English)
I don't think they're really sending out many interviews yet
Original post by Trista9855
Wow History is great!!!! I applied Chemistry. And I am an international student, so sad I'll have to wait for another eight hours if there's still nothing coming at the end of today...................

Ah okay, cool! Well, good luck! Hopefully see you around! :smile:
Oriel have started sending out interview invitations for History :h:
Has anyone heard anything from Corpus Christi?
Original post by emmapatricia

They started sending out classics and ancient/modern history about five hours ago. Good luck to everyone :smile::smile:
Original post by jonwithnoname
Thank you,you too - I had my mock interview today as well which i think went alright, are you doing any prep at the moment or are you waiting until you get summoned before doing anything? :smile:

Oh I received an interview invite on Fri 13th Nov :smile: so I've known for almost two weeks! And that's great to hear. I don't actually have any way to prep for interview - there's no mock interview being organised :frown: I'm kind of on my own with this one, so I'm currently talking to myself (hah) and asking my teachers loads of questions about general Biology/Chemistry stuff to try and get myself thinking outside of the syllabus. I'm trying not to go crazy with the interview prep because I don't want it to feel like a test. I'm willing to see what happens in the moment! :smile:
Original post by Vitul
Well, I was originally invited to attend an interview at Oxford from St.Peter's College and Balliol.
Details:
Arrive by: 9th
Stay till: 11th

Now, I've been informed that my interview has been changed to a Skype interview. Balliol wants to conduct it on the 10th and I'm still expecting the date from St. Peter's College.

Ah, alright, thank you very much!
Has anyone heard anything from Christ Church for PPE?
Original post by Lau14
You'll probably have fairly unrestricted access, but as you said there will be current students still there who will be working between interview helping shifts so not making too much noise about it (especially in the library!) is generally a good idea.

Haha, that would be wise. Thanks.
Original post by mechanism
Will we have access to the library in college and such? I'd love to be nosey and snoop around the college. Are we restricted to our rooms, JCR and the hall or can we have a nose around? Bit of a strange question but I don't want to intrude on current students as some will probably stay to help out during interview process (I think?).

I'd have thought that it would depend on where you're staying. I don't think you'd be allowed to access the library at my college, for instance (unless someone specifically let you in).
Original post by emmapatricia

:afraid:
Has anyone heard anything from Univ??!
Got an interview for history from Hertford! Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear :h:
has anyone heard from St Anne's yet?
Just got an interview for PPE at Mansfield!
Original post by Blackbird123
Got an interview for history from Hertford! Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear :h:

Congrats, that's great news :smile: Hertford is lovely

Latest

Trending

Trending