Durham
Visit website

Durham offer holders 2016!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Patrick2810
16:45 offer for Physics MPhys A*A*A

Happy although leaning more towards Manchester atm

any other physics offers ?

Well done on your offer, can I ask what were your GCSEs/AS/A level predictions? If you don't mind sharing? I'm a physics applicant too :smile:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
I've got an AAA offer for French and Spanish! Applied to St. Cuthbert's Society, but I might yet try to change, as I'm starting to doubt myself...
Original post by Frannoooooooo
Well done on your offer, can I ask what were your GCSEs/AS/A level predictions? If you don't mind sharing? I'm a physics applicant too :smile:

GCSEs: 8A*3A

AS: 4As + Predicted A

A2: Predicted A*A*A*A

wbu
Original post by Smithy-Smiths
GOT AN OFFER TO DURHAM FOR LAW!!
A*AA
I had applied to Univ, but Colleges won't be allocated until February!!

Congrats! would yu mind telling me your GCSE grades and predicted A2 grades??
Original post by Smithy-Smiths
GOT AN OFFER TO DURHAM FOR LAW!!
A*AA
I had applied to Univ, but Colleges won't be allocated until February!!

congrats! do you mind telling me your GCSE grades and A2 grades??
got an offer for Liberal Arts A*AA :smile:
GCSEs: 8A*3A

AS: 4As + Predicted A

A2: Predicted A*A*A*A

wbu

Do you know anyone who has an offer with grades lower than yours?

I got 7A*3A, AAABB (BB in French/history), and predicted A*A*A. Not sure what the chances are of getting an offer after looking at the calibre of offer holders!
Original post by kevin.donnel
congrats! do you mind telling me your GCSE grades and A2 grades??

5 A*s, 4As, 2Bs, 3Cs (Mitigating circumstances at a failing Comprehensive, but ranked 4th in my year) Came top of my year for two of my AS Subjects and am predicted A*A*A in my A2s with an A* in my EPQ and a distinction in the AQA Baccalaureate. But I'm sure there must be other factors at work than solely academic!!

Good luck and WHEN you are offered a place it would be nice to meet you at the Applicant day in March!
Also, does anyone know of it's true that you have to wear gowns at Durham during exam season similar to Oxbridge? Because that would be fantastic!
Reply 49
Original post by jjzxcvbnm
got an offer for Liberal Arts A*AA :smile:

congrats, mind disclosing your GCSEs and AS grades and predictions? ahh nerves starting to kick in and all that
Original post by evealice
Hey, I'm also applying for BS at Durham! I only applied last week so not expecting anything any time soon. What subjects do you do?

Original post by nobodycarescarla
I do Maths, Psychology and Biology (: hbu? And yeah it took 4 weeks for me to hear anything x

Oopps sorry I forgot to quote you :P have you heard yet? Or received any other offers?
Reply 51
Got an offer for biomedical science, 3A's, applied to st chads! :smile:
Original post by jst1995
Got an offer for biomedical science, 3A's, applied to st chads! :smile:

Congrats! I've got a biomed offer too, applied to Josephine Butler College, is Durham your first choice?
Original post by jp-2015
congrats, mind disclosing your GCSEs and AS grades and predictions? ahh nerves starting to kick in and all that

I got 10A*s at GCSE, 3 A's at AS and predicted A*AA :smile: have you applied for liberal arts?
Original post by Frannoooooooo
Do you know anyone who has an offer with grades lower than yours?

I got 7A*3A, AAABB (BB in French/history), and predicted A*A*A. Not sure what the chances are of getting an offer after looking at the calibre of offer holders!

do you do further maths ? Those grades seem fine to me :smile: :smile: Also at the open day the admissions tutor said they are giving out more offers this year as they raised the offer.
Reply 55
Original post by emcowens
Congrats! I've got a biomed offer too, applied to Josephine Butler College, is Durham your first choice?

Thanks, you too! It is yea, thought I'd have to wait forever to get a reply 😂 saw from your post before you've applied to Oxford, best of luck with it and I hope it works out for you!
Original post by jst1995
Thanks, you too! It is yea, thought I'd have to wait forever to get a reply 😂 saw from your post before you've applied to Oxford, best of luck with it and I hope it works out for you!

That's fantastic! And thank you! Though after the BMAT I'm feeling a bit iffy about my interview chances :wink: Where have you applied?
Reply 57
Original post by jjzxcvbnm
I got 10A*s at GCSE, 3 A's at AS and predicted A*AA :smile: have you applied for liberal arts?

Yeah I have, yet to hear back! :smile:
Reply 58
Original post by emcowens
That's fantastic! And thank you! Though after the BMAT I'm feeling a bit iffy about my interview chances :wink: Where have you applied?

Haha I'm sure you did fine, that's just the waiting talking 😁 I applied to Exeter, Glasgow, Nottingham, Manchester and of course Durham, you?
do you do further maths ? Those grades seem fine to me :smile: :smile: Also at the open day the admissions tutor said they are giving out more offers this year as they raised the offer.

Yeah I do further maths, although they didn't teach it at my school last year so I had to self-teach it from about christmas - so my UMS isn't great in FM :/ similar situation this year, although I'm getting a bit more support:smile:

When did you apply and when did you get your offer?

Quick Reply

Latest