The Student Room Group

Plymouth Medical School Applicants 2016

Couldn't find one so started this one. Post your stats if applying here.
Plymouth apparently uses subsection cut off for UKCAT and apparently if you meet them including the academic requirements you're almost guaranteed an interview, correct me if I am wrong.

2014 for 2015 entryVerbal Reasoning : 520
Quantitative Analysis : 650
Abstract Reasoning : 600
Decision Analysis : 580
Overall (with standard deviation applied) : 2600

My stats for ukcat
VR 550
QR 730
AR 710
DA 650

It's a bit risky considering this year the average national scores got a bit higher than last year.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Yours sound more than fine. I phoned Plymouth a week or so ago and the man told me exactly what you said, everyone who meets UKCAT sub section cut offs should be guaranteed an interview..I hope that's true!
Mine are:
VR 610
QR 880
AR 720
DA 660
I hope they're enough! A couple of years ago my DA wouldn't have reached the cut off so I hope Plymouth aren't too harsh, although the national average for DA has shot down over the past 2 years so it should be okay :smile: fingers crossed!
Reply 2
Ended up applying here.
UKCAT:
VR:570
QR:760
AR:700
DA:610
Feel like my overall ukcat score is borderline :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
VR:680
QR:740
AR:740
DA:650 :/
Good luck to everyone applying! Do they not look at the personal statement when selecting?
Original post by mariapops
VR:680
QR:740
AR:740
DA:650 :/
Good luck to everyone applying! Do they not look at the personal statement when selecting?

No based on what I know is that they just check if it is medicine related and if it has and extenuating circumstances. They don't give you score to it at all. Apparently they don't even use it in interviews...
Reply 5
I've applied here too,

VR: 620 :/
QR: 710
AR: 720
DA: 730

Once we meet the UKCAT cut off, how do they then select for interview?
Reply 6
Original post by JulietR
I've applied here too,

VR: 620 :/
QR: 710
AR: 720
DA: 730

Once we meet the UKCAT cut off, how do they then select for interview?

From what we could tell last year they initially selected people with A*AA either predicted or achieved and then set a moderate UKCAT cut-off too. Other than baseline GCSE criteria nothing else seemed really to matter: they look at the PS but only to check for plagiarism and extenuation apparently.

Last year it was 12th November when they released the UKCAT cut-off (someone phoned admissions and found out)…

Good luck
When does everyone think we are likely to hear for interviews? It feels so real now :0
Reply 8
Original post by dizzyhizzy97
When does everyone think we are likely to hear for interviews? It feels so real now :0

Just phoned the medical admissions, they are meeting on Monday to decide who will be invited for interview. So we should expect to hear from them Tuesday/Wednesday onwards.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh Thank you! Not long then!
Reply 10
Original post by medlyfe
Just phoned the medical admissions, they are meeting on Monday to decide who will be invited for interview. So we should expect to hear from them Tuesday/Wednesday onwards.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aah that's so soon 😳

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anybody know what Plymouth's UKCAT sub-section cut-off scores are?
Reply 12
Original post by NBrooks19

Has anyone called up to ask?
Reply 13

Original post by LOAend
Has anyone called up to ask?

According to the posts above they are setting their thresholds for interview at a meeting today...
Reply 14
Original post by Dr Gin
According to the posts above they are setting their thresholds for interview at a meeting today...

Yeah 9th they were having a meeting so they could have had it by now. Too afraid to call up ....!
Original post by LOAend
Yeah 9th they were having a meeting so they could have had it by now. Too afraid to call up ....!

I guess we'll just have to wait till tomorrow (since they are just having a meeting today) to see if any of us have been invited for an interview. If not, I will probably give them a call to find out what their UKCAT cut-off scores are and when exactly they are handing out interview invitations. Fingers crossed guys!!
Reply 16
I guess we'll just have to wait till tomorrow (since they are just having a meeting today) to see if any of us have been invited for an interview. If not, I will probably give them a call to find out what their UKCAT cut-off scores are and when exactly they are handing out interview invitations. Fingers crossed guys!!

Are you calling today?
Reply 17
If you do get an interview, they'll probably be on the 25th/26/27 at the end of this month.

Decisions are 2 weeks after that.

Had an interview last year, goodluck.
Original post by LOAend
Are you calling today?

No, tomorrow because they are only having their meeting today so I doubt they will release any info today - I think it's better to wait till tomorrow as they'll probably have everything finalised by then. Plus I have to go to work now so don't have the time to call them haha!
Reply 19
No, tomorrow because they are only having their meeting today so I doubt they will release any info today - I think it's better to wait till tomorrow as they'll probably have everything finalised by then. Plus I have to go to work now so don't have the time to call them haha!

Fair enough, but I reckon they do have the scores today.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending