The Student Room Group

Problem with TSR app

Hi everyone,

We've spotted a few problems with the TSR app that have happened over the weekend - e.g the unread and latest feeds not containing anything.

We are investigating but if you notice anything, please let me know below as well.

Thanks,
Jack

Scroll to see replies

I've been unable to see the latest and unread threads bit for I think a week now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can you look into the constantly crashing while you are there as well?
Reply 3
The app now only loads about 10 messages, whereas before it loaded a lot. It's getting worse not better. This is dreadful

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
I've been unable to see the latest and unread threads bit for I think a week now

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by DiddyDec
Can you look into the constantly crashing while you are there as well?

Original post by justag
The app now only loads about 10 messages, whereas before it loaded a lot. It's getting worse not better. This is dreadful

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you. We're testing a big update to the app now. Will keep you posted.
Reply 5
The app has a tendency to go to the advert link without me clicking on it. Very frustrating!
also ive noticed the app hasn't been optimised for newer phones with bigger screens. I'm using a iPhone 6S and everything is stretched and blurry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
The "Latest" unread topic view shows a large "No Topic" graphic and then sometime lists no topics, or sometimes lists 15 topics.

Original post by Aula
The app has a tendency to go to the advert link without me clicking on it. Very frustrating!

The ad placement has always been annoying because of the way it magically materialises about 5 secs late and in the same place as the thread navigation footer. So you can be intending to press the ">" next page arrow, but accidentally click the advert instead. (But I'm sure advertisers are pleased with all the extra clicks they get...)
Reply 8
Original post by Captain Jack

Can't wait! (Is this the Android version? Please say yes...)
Reply 9
Original post by jneill
The "Latest" unread topic view shows a large "No Topic" graphic and then sometime lists no topics, or sometimes lists 15 topics.

The ad placement has always been annoying because of the way it magically materialises about 5 secs late and in the same place as the thread navigation footer. So you can be intending to press the ">" next page arrow, but accidentally click the advert instead. (But I'm sure advertisers are pleased with all the extra clicks they get...)

Haha, yeah, I always found that annoying, but this is literally as I'm scrolling down the page!
It's only been since I've been had a 6s, so I guess it could be something to do with that.
Reply 10
Hi everyone,

We've spotted a few problems with the TSR app that have happened over the weekend - e.g the unread and latest feeds not containing anything.

We are investigating but if you notice anything, please let me know below as well.

Thanks,
Jack

Is there any update on this?
Reply 11
I guess that's a no...

Nice to know you can always rely on the admins to respond when there are issues. :colonhash:
This happens to me as well I thought it was just me... It always says 'no topics' on the all threads bit. To refresh it I have to close the app then re open it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Any update?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Completely can't open the app it keeps going back to home screen
Original post by Little Popcorns
Completely can't open the app it keeps going back to home screen

Try turning your phone off and on again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DiddyDec
Try turning your phone off and on again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have done twice now :s-smilie: hasn't worked
Reply 17
Original post by Little Popcorns
Have done twice now :s-smilie: hasn't worked

Uninstall

Off and on

Reinstall
There's also a repetitive "Not signed in" bug that occurs sometimes at start-up; upon opening the app it will give the message to sign in but I could just press cancel and I'm in anyway. It's just annoying due to how it delays getting stuck into the app for about five seconds. :biggrin:

But then obviously when I get into the app, I can only see a limited amount of threads in the homepage, and there is a strong possibility that the app auto-restarts a few times. :hmmm:
Original post by jneill
Uninstall

Off and on

Reinstall

Thanks but nope still goes back to home screen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending