The Student Room Group

Midwifery applicants for 2016 - 2017

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I've applied to bcu, Coventry, Worcester and UWE I've got and interview for cov in January bcu in Feb just waiting to hear from Worcester and uwe ! It is graduation at Worcester this week though may we may not hear for a week or so 😁 Good luck x
Original post by LC1996
thanks Katie! I came to an interview last year but was unfortunately unsuccessful at the panel interview stage. I love staffs so much so I'm hoping this year is my year :smile: x

Fingers crossed for you this year :crossedf: :h: I'm sure you will be fine. :h:
Hi everyone! I have an interview at UWE this Wednesday (25th Nov). Anyone else got an interview here on wed?

Good luck with all your applications! Hope you all get the unis you want! :smile:
Hi. Congratulations, That's amazing!! Can I ask what experience you have please? I am applying to Keele and Staffs. Just going through personal statement hell haha.
Thanks
Lucy
Original post by SJC91
Hey just wanted to introduce myself, I have a place to study Midwifery in Jan 2016 at UWE. If anyone wants any advice, tips or just any general questions answered please don't hesitate.

I have had interviews at :

South Wales
Worcester
Bournemouth
UWE

Got offered a place at Bournemouth and UWE so happy to help any way I can :smile:.

Good luck its a frustrating process and you'll find yourself becoming very frustrated with track and portals but it's all worth it in the end.

XX

Hiya

I am in the process of completing my personal statement any tips regarding this would be greatly appreciated. Can I also ask what experience you had please?

Thanks Lucy xx
Reply 205
Original post by bethygirl
I've just got my email saying my application has gone through the similar check, has been sent to my chosen unis and I've received my track log in!! Is anyone else here applying to either Leeds, Huddersfield, edge hill, Northumbria or Teesside ?

Hi, I applied for 2016 entry to midwifery and was rejected straight away by Liverpool JM, Surrey and York, received an interview for UWE Bristol which I attended 2 weeks ago, however I found out last week I was rejected from there too. I am now waiting to hear back from Northumbria, have you heard back yet?
Reply 206
hey i got an interview for UEA as well for december. I hope your interview went well. Can you tell me how did the interview go like the whole process, i'm really nervous for it. Any tips that will be useful.
Just received an invitation to do numeracy and literacy assessment for west of London reading campus a week today and got my interview for west of England, Bristol tomorrow morning. Anyone else going to be at either of these? Am still waiting to hear back from Southampton, Plymouth and Bournemouth but Bournemouth applied for postgraduate diploma because I am qualifying from my adult nursing degree at Bournemouth this summer. Good luck to everyone :smile:
Original post by lmjbell83
Hi. Congratulations, That's amazing!! Can I ask what experience you have please? I am applying to Keele and Staffs. Just going through personal statement hell haha.
Thanks
Lucy

I volunteered at a hospital on a post-natal unit for approx 8 months and spent 3 months shadowing a midwife at antenatal classes. And I am studying adult nursing at the moment so during my community placement I managed to spend a couple of days with a community midwife which was good. Wbu? And good luck, personal statement hell will finish soon !
Original post by n007
hey i got an interview for UEA as well for december. I hope your interview went well. Can you tell me how did the interview go like the whole process, i'm really nervous for it. Any tips that will be useful.

I have my interview at UWE tomorrow so I can tell you what it's like etc so you can go prepared in Dec :smile:
Reply 210
Has anyone heard from the University of Leeds yet??
Original post by Aclark93
I have my interview at UWE tomorrow so I can tell you what it's like etc so you can go prepared in Dec :smile:

Be careful not to share any specific information about the content of the interview. Its not allowed. Everyone needs to go in on a level playing field.
Original post by jesss97
Hi, I applied for 2016 entry to midwifery and was rejected straight away by Liverpool JM, Surrey and York, received an interview for UWE Bristol which I attended 2 weeks ago, however I found out last week I was rejected from there too. I am now waiting to hear back from Northumbria, have you heard back yet?

So sorry to hear about your rejections. Nope nothing from Northumbria yet! I have interviews at edge hill, hudds and Teesside. Just waiting on Leeds and Northumbria :smile:
Original post by Futuremidwifestu
Does anybody know the dates of when the courses start in September? Everyone seems to think it's before other courses as others seem to start mid September. Just because Im coming back from Aus on the 5th and will try change flights!

When you submit application your start dates or on UCAS track.
These are mine just incase you have any the same
Edge hill: September 1st
Northumbria: September 12th
Huddersfield and Leeds: September 19th
Teesside: September 26th
:smile:
Original post by ForestCat
Be careful not to share any specific information about the content of the interview. Its not allowed. Everyone needs to go in on a level playing field.

Oh no I wouldn't say about the content because it's not fair on others, but was going to say that the campus is lovely and the ambassadors and lectures there for the interviews are really nice so not to worry and it's a great uni for whoever wish to go there :smile:
Original post by jesss97

I'm applying to northumbria, york, hull, Huddersfield and Bradford. I received a rejection from Bradford so I'm waiting on the rest now.
Reply 216
I'm
So thrilled a I passed the three tests at Uclan!! I really thought I'd failed as the maths was hard!!
Anyway yipeeee I'm
Through to interview in January !!!!!! Chester and ljmu in dec 😆I'm so excited
Reply 217
Original post by meganwilders98
Hi everyone. I have been lucky to receive interview offers from UEA, Oxford Brookes and Birmingham City! Is anyone else attending?!

i have mine on 8th december. when is your interview for UEA?
Reply 218
Hey :smile: a friend of mine who is applying for nursing said that there is going to be a vote on whether or not to stop the NHS funding the nursing and midwifery and OT courses...... does anybody know if this is true?
Original post by taraxx
Hey :smile: a friend of mine who is applying for nursing said that there is going to be a vote on whether or not to stop the NHS funding the nursing and midwifery and OT courses...... does anybody know if this is true?

It was announced yesterday that from 2017/2018, nursing and midwifery courses will no longer be funded by the NHS. Students will have to take out a student loan like other University courses. If you are applying/have applied for the 2016/2017 cycle this won't affect you. It is important to keep in mind though if problems arise (lack of offers, not getting the right grades etc.) and you do not get in this year.

Feel so stressed that if I don't get the grades this year the situation will be so much worse! :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending