The Student Room Group
London South Bank University
London

Diagnostic Radiography 2016 English and Maths tests

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Well i will find out soon lol. What does?
London
Original post by harveytom
Well i will find out soon lol. What does?

How did you find the tests????

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by 2coolf2456

Posted from TSR Mobile

my brain turned into mush haha. there were a couple of questions in maths where i was unsure what to divide/multiply by what and I spent ages on one question in english. What are your thoughts?
Reply 23

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi! sorry for the bother! I had my Lit & Num test last Wednesday 4pm and I am yet to receive any email to confirm if I have failed or otherwise. One week gone now, I can't concentrate on other tests. Can you please tell me how long it takes to get a response.
Reply 24
Original post by Sulihat
Hi! sorry for the bother! I had my Lit & Num test last Wednesday 4pm and I am yet to receive any email to confirm if I have failed or otherwise. One week gone now, I can't concentrate on other tests. Can you please tell me how long it takes to get a response.

Hopefully you've passed and get a reply asap. I've just ruined my life. This morning I realised that when I answered all the literacy questions I didn't click on finish attempt but clicked on Home and logged out. Called admissions immediately and they checked and my literacy answers hadn't been saved. I was told to reapply next year! :frown:
Reply 25
Hopefully you've passed and get a reply asap. I've just ruined my life. This morning I realised that when I answered all the literacy questions I didn't click on finish attempt but clicked on Home and logged out. Called admissions immediately and they checked and my literacy answers hadn't been saved. I was told to reapply next year! :frown:

Dear Lord! I am so sorry to hear this, but you know what? Things like this do happen sometimes especially under intense pressure.. Worry, but please don't worry too much. Dust yourself off and try again... What other schools did you apply to?
Reply 26
Original post by Sulihat
Dear Lord! I am so sorry to hear this, but you know what? Things like this do happen sometimes especially under intense pressure.. Worry, but please don't worry too much. Dust yourself off and try again... What other schools did you apply to?

I just think it's very harsh even though it was a genuine mistake made under pressure. I've applied to City and St. George's. Did you apply to any other unis?
Reply 27
Hey do you guys all have the same assessment? Or do they change it
Reply 28
I just think it's very harsh even though it was a genuine mistake made under pressure. I've applied to City and St. George's. Did you apply to any other unis?

Why don't you apply for Hertfordshire Uni ?
Reply 29

Yes! I did apply to City uni.. I have an open day on the 25th. City seems to have too much going on.. 1hour 15minutes in total for the test, multiple choice though, plus it is calculator allowed. I am sure you will be fine with that.. I was there last year for the same test but I missed the maths by two marks.. English was absolutely easy.. Never mind, you will get City uni.
Reply 30
Original post by Sulihat
Yes! I did apply to City uni.. I have an open day on the 25th. City seems to have too much going on.. 1hour 15minutes in total for the test, multiple choice though, plus it is calculator allowed. I am sure you will be fine with that.. I was there last year for the same test but I missed the maths by two marks.. English was absolutely easy.. Never mind, you will get City uni.

when you say City has too much going on what do you mean by that lol. was maths difficult, hence the calculators?
when you say City has too much going on what do you mean by that lol. was maths difficult, hence the calculators?

I think the person means the added aptitude test that's 40 mins long which is base on your personality. And did LSBU contact you about the tests yesterday, they rejected me already :frown: 3 choices left for me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh sorry you don't have to explain again I just read the thread from previous. I do think doing the test on paper would've been better. What are your other choices?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh sorry you don't have to explain again I just read the thread from previous. I do think doing the test on paper would've been better. What are your other choices?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I meant they had too many subsections. There was maths, which was too wordy, but good as it was a multiple choice paper. Then we had a language assessment which you had to fill in the gaps, very similar to the one online. After that, we had to do a comprehension paper. Finally, we wrote a short essay. Altogether, it took about 1 hour 20 minutes. However, the questions were quite easy but if you do not take care, you are prone to making mistakes.
Is anyone attending the Maths and English test at LSBU on December 2nd??
I just sent off my application yesterday and in less then 24 hours I got an invite to take the maths and English test. It was so quick !
Original post by itsadaxox
Is anyone attending the Maths and English test at LSBU on December 2nd??
I just sent off my application yesterday and in less then 24 hours I got an invite to take the maths and English test. It was so quick !

Good luck it's done on a computer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck it's done on a computer

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey,

I read that it's done on a computer but I'm just wondering if you're allowed paper/pen for working out the answers?
hi guys,
has anyone that had their tests on the 18th had their results yet?? i have still yet to receive anything getting a little nervous

cheers
Original post by NicoleP44
Hey,

I read that it's done on a computer but I'm just wondering if you're allowed paper/pen for working out the answers?

they give you a pen and paper and you have to leave your paper behind

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending