The Student Room Group

2016 FCA Supervision Graduate Development Programme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by paulama
guys, have you checked your status on FCA Career website? I had AC last week too. I am still waiting.

Had it last week, still waiting too. In account, my status appears as "application on hold".
Reply 41
Original post by jellybob
Had it last week, still waiting too. In account, my status appears as "application on hold".

the same on mine
Scratch that, they got back to me and invited me the very same day :smile:
To everyone asking about hearing back from the assessment centre, get in touch with GTI group on 0207 061 1900 and ask to speak to the FCA recruitment team, and/or email them on [email protected], to ask them how long you can expect to wait before hearing back.
Please do share what you hear from them regarding that. Best of luck!
Is anyone attending tomorrow's assessment day?!
Reply 45
Not yet. When did you have your AC? I had it last week.

I had it on monday pm. unless really outstanding performance, i guess no news (yet) is good news?
Reply 46

think they said they will try to make offers before christmas (still a month to go...)

1. outstanding performers will have early offers
2. unsuccessful applicants (from AC) will be notified within a week.
3. if the application is on hold, probably u've passed the benchmark and they're waiting to see more applicants before deciding!

i've just checked my application status and it hasnt updated anything since scheduling AC.
Original post by yoblue
think they said they will try to make offers before christmas (still a month to go...)

1. outstanding performers will have early offers
2. unsuccessful applicants (from AC) will be notified within a week.
3. if the application is on hold, probably u've passed the benchmark and they're waiting to see more applicants before deciding!

i've just checked my application status and it hasnt updated anything since scheduling AC.

Thought it was two weeks? One to two weeks is was i was told.
Hi guys, I have my assessment centre next week, can anyone be kind enough to share some information about what the written exercise is about and what the presentation will be on, whether its a group presentation or an individual presentation. Thank you so much I appreciate the help
Reply 49
Original post by TheEssence
Thought it was two weeks? One to two weeks is was i was told.

from the powerpoint that day is one week!
Reply 50
Original post by BenWiggins
Hi guys, I have my assessment centre next week, can anyone be kind enough to share some information about what the written exercise is about and what the presentation will be on, whether its a group presentation or an individual presentation. Thank you so much I appreciate the help

That will probably give people unfair advantage im afraid! Especially offers wont be made until more applicants complete the AC, hope you understand :smile:

What i can say is that just be yourself and stay calm through all the tasks. you will know the details and have sufficient time to work on them!
Original post by yoblue
from the powerpoint that day is one week!

Fair enough. May differ depending on the programme, but I was definitely told 1-2 weeks by the HR lady
Original post by yoblue
That will probably give people unfair advantage im afraid! Especially offers wont be made until more applicants complete the AC, hope you understand :smile:

What i can say is that just be yourself and stay calm through all the tasks. you will know the details and have sufficient time to work on them!

Completely understandable and hope no one took my post the wrong way! This is a weird situation because i'm sure we'd all like to help each other but then at the same time we're competing against each other.

Thank you for your response
I have completed the situational judgement test and now received an email which says:

'As part of our efforts to enhance our ability to identify and develop professional candidates, we would like you to complete our further Online Assessment'

Does anyone know what the online assessment is?

Any tips on getting through it?

It should be the maths and logic one, they are pretty straightforward!
Has anyone got an useful tips for the numerical reasoning test? Any basic math I should scratch up on? Coming from someone who is severely bad at math so all help would be appreciated!

Good luck to everyone going through the process! :smile:
Reply 56
Hi, does anyone know how much time I will have to complete the application questions? Is there a 2 day limit like the tests?
A few quick general questions to those who've done the AC:
1) How many people do you have to work with in a group?
2) Is the written analysis exercise done together in a group or separately before working together on a presentation?
3) Do all members of the group get to speak in the presentation or mainly just one or two presenting?
4) Is the panel interview similar to the phone interview in that it comprises of motivational and competency-based questions, just with additional specific focus on you and your CV?
5) How long each is each part of the AC (written, presentation, interview) and is there much waiting around between each e.g. time for toilet breaks/refreshments, reading notes etc?
Has anyone who attended an AC received an update on their application? The wait is horrible.....
Reply 59
Just wondering - are most people new graduates? I'm a few years older and have already tried out lots of random jobs/sectors and was wondering if that would go against me. Even had a stint on another grad programme but I left it due a variety of reasons. I went in for an AC with a top 10 accountancy firm the other day and I got the feeling they thought I was a bit of a job hopper... :banned: yeah I didn't it.
Ah well. I'd much prefer to work for the FCA anyhow!! :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending